I think there's something wrong with me.

I see people creating sleek, super-fast jets.  Tremendous space craft, capable of traveling to the furthest reaches of the solar system and back again.  Giant stations, intricately thought out and able to perform any service from science research to asteroid mining.

I built a forklift. :D

24452301589_aa1c8ea4a1_o.png

It IS remarkably stable, even at high speeds, but don't drive it with the fork down or bad things™ will happen.

Edited by Runescope

2 hours ago, Runescope said:

I see people creating sleek, super-fast jets.  Tremendous space craft, capable of traveling to the furthest reaches of the solar system and back again.  Giant stations, intricately thought out and able to perform any service from science research to asteroid mining.

I built a forklift. :D

Dude. Just go wherever your muse leads you. ;)

There are people on here who have built stock functional grandfather clocks. This is a game with no gears, hinges, or axles, which are generally required for making one of those, but here we are. At least a forklift can go places :P

Kinda reminds me of that guy that built a computer in Minecraft which could play Minecraft... The dedication of some nerds, I tell ya

8 hours ago, Keymaster89 said:

how many tons it lift? 

did you think to add landing legs for improved cargo loading stability and lifting power?

No idea yet.  The landing legs are a great idea.  I've tried to do some weight tests, but I'm having trouble building a stable platform to lift. :) 
I'll test it out more on my lunch break today. lol

@Runescope

Don`t worry, you`re totally nu okay...
I made a forklifter too...:
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/124206-mobile-fork-lifter-system/&do=findComment&comment=2254221

First we build a silly thing, then we visit other bodys with our new knowledge about building silly things.
This is KSP.:)

I consider building a working forklift as a mandatory KSP skill. Yes. :wink:

Edited by Mikki
mandatory skill.

As a former forklift driver I appreciate the value and fun of having them in KSP. If you ever have the chance to work as one ... It's fun as long as your dealing with the heavier stuff and driving outside. I drove a 5t diesel for a long time at a concrete factory, very dynamic work. Too bad the plant had to close.

@Runescope, It's not all that odd really, has a useful purpose in base building.

AGES ago I made a heavy lifter, except it was really too heavy (and too part-count intensive) to be of much use off world around a large base.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4B0CwX_EJk
lols, looking back at some of the old parts and old KSC! 

The much smaller one in my Constellation mission was much more practical https://youtu.be/Tp6yj2k0Fpc?t=7m14s

53 minutes ago, Azimech said:

As a former forklift driver I appreciate the value and fun of having them in KSP. If you ever have the chance to work as one ... It's fun as long as your dealing with the heavier stuff and driving outside. I drove a 5t diesel for a long time at a concrete factory, very dynamic work. Too bad the plant had to close.

I used to drive tractors with fore-loaders a lot and I've driven a few telehandlers, not handling that kinda weight (1-2t) but I know how much fun those kinda machines are to drive.  Building a massive hay stack was extremely satisfying work! 

18 hours ago, Red Dwarf said:

There are people on here who have built stock functional grandfather clocks. This is a game with no gears, hinges, or axles, which are generally required for making one of those, but here we are. At least a forklift can go places :P

Kinda reminds me of that guy that built a computer in Minecraft which could play Minecraft... The dedication of some nerds, I tell ya

Ah that Clock. That was a bad idea, but I got too far down that road to stop. Maybe when the 1.1 update drops I'll go rework it.... 

16 hours ago, katateochi said:

@Runescope, It's not all that odd really, has a useful purpose in base building.

AGES ago I made a heavy lifter, except it was really too heavy (and too part-count intensive) to be of much use off world around a large base.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4B0CwX_EJk
lols, looking back at some of the old parts and old KSC! 

The much smaller one in my Constellation mission was much more practical https://youtu.be/Tp6yj2k0Fpc?t=7m14s

I used to drive tractors with fore-loaders a lot and I've driven a few telehandlers, not handling that kinda weight (1-2t) but I know how much fun those kinda machines are to drive.  Building a massive hay stack was extremely satisfying work! 

I had a career operating large industrial vessels in the Gulf of Mexico, It's really fun when working with Mechanical things with lots of power, we can only imagine what it would have been like to be a Jet Pilot or an Astronaut, so much Power!

Edited by castille7

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.