SQAUD PLEASE READ

So, now that 1.1 is out, which is awesome (love the features) but with no new parts (BOO). So i have compiled a list of mods that you/squad should add into stock in 1.2!

First of all, i think you should add the parts from Kerbal Planetary Base System because they are incredibly useful and allow colonization which stock doe not have so far.

I also think you should add the Mark 4 system as the mark 3 system is only good for space shuttles. Building space planes with mark 3 is really bad. Speaking of spaceplanes, I think the OPT spaceplane mod is a very good way to increase spaceplanes, the J and K body systems could be Mark 5 and 6, assuming the mark 4 mod is added in. I also think you should add 3.5 meter command modules, and orbital habitation module plus centrifuges, those would be really helpful for many players. Also, add a fitness food and oxygen system. Another good mod would be Infernal Robotics with an easier user interface. That would be fantastic! I hope you add at least 2 of these!

mods should stay mods, not be added to stock, stock should be framework to allow mods to work

mods have a purpose, and mods can be fixed by community
stock can only be fixed by squad, which is several months to live with bugs before a release

anything food / life support related gets complaints if its added to stock, too many dont want
Infernal robotics has glitches, and shouldnt be stock

1 hour ago, LordOfMinecraft99 said:

So, now that 1.1 is out

It's really not.
Perhaps one should wait until 1.1 is actually released before starting 1.2 "new parts" hype?

40 minutes ago, anxcon said:

mods should stay mods, not be added to stock, stock should be framework to allow mods to work

mods have a purpose, and mods can be fixed by community
stock can only be fixed by squad, which is several months to live with bugs before a release

anything food / life support related gets complaints if its added to stock, too many dont want
Infernal robotics has glitches, and shouldnt be stock

Well, squad added this mod to stock with some alterations aka the mark 3 system, and 2 SRBS from the mod as well. Plus, i am not saying that they should directly add them, they should alter it, for example in Infernal Robotics they could make it less glitchy. And in Kerbal Planetary Base System, the parts are so close to stock that the Squad team would only have to expand the parts, and the creators of KPBS will work with Squad.  Also, OPT and Mark 4 are also the same as KPBS.  And, again bringing up Infernal, Infernal itself is very useful, but it is glitchy, and so i do not have it. If they put it into stock and refined it, it would be a lot better.  Last of all: The reason i think these mods should be added to stock is because these are some of the best and most stockalike parts, but because they are not stock, they make my and other user's games glitchy and laggy. I have 20 of the best mods on my KSP save and it lags at rates of 10 fps and lower. But if Squad added these to stock, we could play without fear of crashs, and therefore i do not need to download mods that could have spyware, and my game will not slow to these low rates.

Actually, the parts added to stock were not KSO, they were the SpacePlane+ parts from PorkJet.

Also, If a mod is already making your game glitchy and laggy, adding the mod to the game does not make it any more or less glitchy/laggy.

(source:  Added mods to base game).

3 hours ago, LordOfMinecraft99 said:

So, now that 1.1 is out, which is awesome (love the features) but with no new parts (BOO). So i have compiled a list of mods that you/squad should add into stock in 1.2!

Welcome to the forums fellow kerbonaut! It's good that you are enthusiastically interested in the games well being and future but you seem to be misinformed on a few things so allow me to clear a few minor details.

1st. 1.1 has not been officially released yet but is presently in a pre-release public beta. There are still bugs to find and squash and some polishing to do as such you should not treat the pre-release as "official release but sooner!" And you should only opt into it if you are going to help find and report bugs and give feedback. 

2nd. 1.1 doesn't have many new parts because it is a massive bug fixing and optimization update. Squad has basically rewriten most of the game to make it compatible with the newer unity 5 engine (ksp previously ran on unity 4) vastly improving overall game performance and polishing up the user interface. Not to mention 64bit support letting us run even more mods. This engine upgrade alone though not as visible as new parts is a big deal because it's just not something most game developers do due to costs in money and man power which is why there isn't many new toys this time around the devs just haven't had time to make them.

3rd. Squad actually did manage to scare up a few new parts for us though. Such as the new inflatable heat shield, larger static solar panels, the hecs2 probe core, a revamped and repolished mk2 inline tandem cockpit just to name a few.

4th. I know it's easy to get excited and download all the part mods and declare that they should be stock but realize that most of them are not needed to complete the milestones and objectives ksp sets forth for the player, and as many mod using players find things can get pretty cluttered when you run too many at once. Also a growing number of users feel that there is a disparity between the quality of plane and rocket parts that needs to be corrected before more plane parts are made or integrated into stock. So it would help keep things positive around her if mk4 and OPT remained as mods for now at least.

Edited by passinglurker

35 minutes ago, stupid_chris said:

You can't just throw mods at Squad and tell them "add this :3".

Oh man, if we could do that we would have had Realism Overhaul as stock long ago!

So, now that 1.1 is out,

No, It's not.

So i have compiled a list of mods that you/squad should add into stock in 1.2!

Others have said this; that's not how anything works.

First of all, i think you should add the parts from Kerbal Planetary Base System because they are incredibly useful and allow colonization which stock doe not have so far.

That would be a whole new set of features that are not remotely within the scope of the stock game.

I also think you should add the Mark 4 system as the mark 3 system is only good for space shuttles. Building space planes with mark 3 is really bad.

I agree that Nertea did some good work with the Mark 4 system, but it's more than a little beyond the needs of stock spaceplanes Mark 3 handles pretty much all the large aircraft needs a stock player could have. 

Speaking of spaceplanes, I think the OPT spaceplane mod is a very good way to increase spaceplanes,

OPT is pretty specialized and doesn't play well with stock parts. The parts are also designed to look extremely futuristic, which doesn't fit anything about the theme of the current base game.

I also think you should add 3.5 meter command modules, and orbital habitation module plus centrifuges, those would be really helpful for many players.

I like large habitats just as much as the next person, but I also don't think that KSP constantly needs "more bigger" parts. And the centrifuges you're talking about are way out of scope.

Also, add a fitness food and oxygen system.

"While you're at it, add two or three more core mechanics to the game. Shouldn't take more than an hour or two, right?"
You sound like someone from Clients from Hell. Yes, life support stuff makes a lot of sense for KSP, but last I heard, the devs were still trying to figure out the best way to implement it before going any further. 

Another good mod would be Infernal Robotics with an easier user interface.

Another really tall order in half a sentence. IR suffers from some rather serious bugs at the moment, and while the idea of large moving parts is certainly interesting, IR's troubles make it clear that adding such a thing to stock in a way that won't be extremely frustrating is going to be a massive undertaking.

As it currently stands, your suggestions look half-baked and ignorant of how game development actually works. Yes, we have a giant modding community that's put out a lot of fantastic stuff (some of which has found its way into the base game), but that doesn't mean that your favorite mods can be integrated into the game in an afternoon. The core elements of all the mods you've mentioned have been suggested for integration into the game before, which means that in order to get anyone interested in them now, you'll have to explain some more details of how you'd like to see them, rather than just throwing a list of mods at the developers and being all "hey make this happen, bye."

21 minutes ago, GreeningGalaxy said:

Another really tall order in half a sentence. IR suffers from some rather serious bugs at the moment, and while the idea of large moving parts is certainly interesting, IR's troubles make it clear that adding such a thing to stock in a way that won't be extremely frustrating is going to be a massive undertaking.

I would be glad to see them reported in IR thread. Apart from interaction of docking ports with IR parts there should be no major issues with IR, unless you also TweakScale them.

Edited by Ziw

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.