Community Station...Submit your own Module!

Hey folks at the KSP Forums,

I started the need to make a small experiment.
I launched a small station core(basic power generation and storage, not much more) into an orbit of around 300 KM above Kerbin Sea Level.
As to the "Submit your own Modules":

You may design modules for my space station, that I send up and attach.
It may not be more than 30 parts(I can lift that sometimes if it is needed) and around 20-50 tons SHOULD not be exceeded, just try to stay within.
It should have two or more docking ports(senior size), they are excluded from the part count.
I have mods like KIS/KAS/Kethane/Extraplanetary Launchpads.
I play in science sandbox, but I am pretty far.
Send me the .craft file of the module so I can add it.
Don't build huge mother******s that lag even gaming PCs, I just have a pretty decent PC.
You need to name every of your modules differently, first part is your KSP Forums name, then a minus and then the number of the design.
My first design would be Shikashi-1. after that Shikashi-2, etc

I would be happy to see what would come out of this.

Goodnight!

Sounds like fun. So far we've had around 15 modules added. I'm thinking there's a pause while we all get used to 1.1.  I don't know about anybody else, but I'm having a blast playing through my new career. Ill come check out your station when I get back to challenges :)

Edit: whoops, I thought I was commenting on my thread as our titles are similar lol. 

Here's a station hub that could make a useful module for your station.  29 parts, not too heavy, adapters for every occasion and some power to manouver the station around if needed even after it grows. I think I got your naming convention right :)

K3kPFvp.jpg

Edited by Jetski

Here are my submissions. If it's only allowing one submission per person then you can pick which module you want to use.

z4g2EiW.png

Unity module with docking ports on all sides.

q2X9Gkj.png

Skylab type thing with Antenna and Solar Panels.

Now could somebody PLEASE fix that glitchy flag? It says it's fixed on the bug tracker when it's clearly not.

On 4/21/2016 at 3:41 PM, Jetski said:

We have this going now in the Challenges thread, feel free to grab the savegame and take a look at what people have built. Or join in and launch a module of your own!

Such a courteous response from a pirate who had an idea stolen :wink:. Anyway @Shikashi perhaps upload a picture of the station or a link to a .sfs file where we can look at it and plan our modules accordingly. Also making it to where the community could add their own modules on their own would maybe make this more successful. Best of luck with your station!

@Jhawk1099 Actually I didn't mean to steal it, I had that idea long ago before I knew of the other one. Then I searched and found jetski's one too limited :wink:

Anyways, I almost forgot this thread now I also have an english series of space engineers running :P

So... pictures and stations will be added tomorrow when I have a bit of spare time.

@Kuansenhama Multiple modules allowed, but not like 30 single part modules.

8 minutes ago, Shikashi said:

@Jhawk1099 Actually I didn't mean to steal it, I had that idea long ago before I knew of the other one. Then I searched and found jetski's one too limited :wink:

Anyways, I almost forgot this thread now I also have an english series of space engineers running :P

So... pictures and stations will be added tomorrow when I have a bit of spare time.

@Kuansenhama Multiple modules allowed, but not like 30 single part modules.

Is English not your native language? 

On 26.4.2016 at 6:43 PM, Kuansenhama said:

Here are my submissions. If it's only allowing one submission per person then you can pick which module you want to use.

z4g2EiW.png

Unity module with docking ports on all sides.

q2X9Gkj.png

Skylab type thing with Antenna and Solar Panels.

Now could somebody PLEASE fix that glitchy flag? It says it's fixed on the bug tracker when it's clearly not.

That skylab thingy, is it even weight symmetrical...well...doesn't matter gymbal and reaction wheels will do anyways...

It's pretty symmetrical, though a little awkward of a payload. I think it's a fair bit heavier on the side with the solar panels, but so long as you launch with some thuds or vectors, I think it'd be possible without majorly redesigning your LV.

Did the download links work? When are you posting the station?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.