[KSP 1.3.1] KEI - Kerbin Environmental Institute(1.2.3) 2017-10-11

RealGecko

5 hours ago, RealGecko said:

You saw PR diff, it's a mess. I'll port your changes manually.

Good luck!

Most of that was visual studio changing spaces.  you can see the original in my fork, why not just look at that, verify the changes and accept it?

You are just making more work for yourself.

But, it's your mod, your time, etc.  

@RealGecko

I redid the PR for you.

I reverted what VS did in converting tabs to spaces

I also didn't commit the csproj and other files.  The only ones I commeted are the KEI.cs, ExcludedExperiments.cfg and the README

It is a lot cleaner, hopefully you will be able to follow it easier now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @RealGecko, I've noticed some issues with @Angel-125's MOLE system; Angel adds a bunch of new science experiments, and even after messing with the situationMasks and biomeMasks, I can't seem to get KEI to ignore them. I don't think they're really intended to be available in the KSC mini-biomes, and they add a really excessive amount of science when KEI pops them. How can we go about getting KEI to ignore these experiments? Thanks.

9 minutes ago, drhay53 said:

Hi @RealGecko, I've noticed some issues with @Angel-125's MOLE system; Angel adds a bunch of new science experiments, and even after messing with the situationMasks and biomeMasks, I can't seem to get KEI to ignore them. I don't think they're really intended to be available in the KSC mini-biomes, and they add a really excessive amount of science when KEI pops them. How can we go about getting KEI to ignore these experiments? Thanks.

Download my unofficial copy and you then gave a blacklist file you can add them to.

Or, list them here and I'll see if I can get to it.

@RealGecko hasn't been around since March 26

Edited by linuxgurugamer

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@Angel-125

If you could provide me with a list of experiments which shouldn't be done around the center, I'll add it to my version of KEI.

I need the names as returned by KSP

Spoiler

WBISpaceResearch

WBISpaceAdaptionStudy

WBIPowerToolsEvaluation

WBIConstructionTechniques

WBICrystalGrowth

WBIIceCreamResearch

WBITemperatureStudy

WBIThermalStudy

WBIGooStudy

WBICryogenicResourceStudy

WBILongTermCryogenicMiniStudy

WBIMESS

WBICryogenicStudy

WBILongTermCryogenicStudy

WBICryogenicRadiationStudy

WBISurfaceConstructionStudy

WBIKNUTS

WBIBRE

WBISAME

WBICoreSampleAnalysis

WBIBiomeAnalysis

WBISoilAnalysis

WBIMetallurgyAnalysis

WBIChemicalAnalysis

WBIExtractionAnalysis

25 minutes ago, Angel-125 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

WBISpaceResearch

WBISpaceAdaptionStudy

WBIPowerToolsEvaluation

WBIConstructionTechniques

WBICrystalGrowth

WBIIceCreamResearch

WBITemperatureStudy

WBIThermalStudy

WBIGooStudy

WBICryogenicResourceStudy

WBILongTermCryogenicMiniStudy

WBIMESS

WBICryogenicStudy

WBILongTermCryogenicStudy

WBICryogenicRadiationStudy

WBISurfaceConstructionStudy

WBIKNUTS

WBIBRE

WBISAME

WBICoreSampleAnalysis

WBIBiomeAnalysis

WBISoilAnalysis

WBIMetallurgyAnalysis

WBIChemicalAnalysis

WBIExtractionAnalysis

Thanks.

I'll take care of it when I get home later

@linuxgurugamer I installed your version and used the updated ExcludedExperiments cfg, but I'm still seeing some of the WBI experiments. I have my own MM config that changes their biomeMask and situationMask settings with a :FINAL tag, so most likely the reason I'm only seeing a few are because those settings get rid of ones that Angel only allows in ORBITING situations. It doesn't seem like KEI is currently blacklisting any of the ones where my situationMask allows them while landed (previously Angel's situationMask allows every experiment while landed, technically).

I looked in output_log.txt and there are no strange KEI entries. I also double-checked that the list Angel posted includes the ones I'm still seeing, and it does. 

The ones I'm seeing are (still pretty early in community tech tree):

WBIIceCreamResearch, WBIBiomeAnalysis, WBIGooStudy, WBILongTermCryogenicMiniStudy, WBITemperatureStudy, WBIThermalStudy, WBICoreSampleAnalysis

Can you do a quick check for bugs on the blacklisting, and if nothing is obvious, let me know how I can help to debug further? Hopefully you can get your own thread soon :/

Edited by drhay53

Here is a version with some extra debugging added.  No bugs, but the string being returned may not be what @Angel-125 posted earlier.

Can you please install it and try it?  There aren't any changes other than added debug statements.

One you run it (and you see the bad science), please exit the game and send me the log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ahoi9bq0iwioh1/KEI-Debug-2011-04-16.zip?dl=0

This morning I had a hunch about something being cached or something like that, so I completely uninstalled KEI again, booted KSP, then installed your debug version and re-booted KSP, and that seems to have gotten rid of all of the experiments except for "WBIBiomeMultiExperiment", which is part of the Buffalo crew cabin and is probably meant to be available in the KSC mini-biomes (it is not the same as the 'WBIBiomeAnalysis' in @Angel-125's list).

Angel can confirm or deny whether the buffalo biome experiment is meant to be available.

So probably the issue was some kind of incomplete uninstall before installing your version that accepts the blacklisted experiments. Sorry for adding work for you in enabling the debugging. 

Edited by drhay53

18 minutes ago, drhay53 said:

This morning I had a hunch about something being cached or something like that, so I completely uninstalled KEI again, booted KSP, then installed your debug version and re-booted KSP, and that seems to have gotten rid of all of the experiments except for "WBIBiomeMultiExperiment", which is part of the Buffalo crew cabin and is probably meant to be available in the KSC mini-biomes (it is not the same as the 'WBIBiomeAnalysis' in @Angel-125's list).

Angel can confirm or deny whether the buffalo biome experiment is meant to be available.

So probably the issue was some kind of incomplete uninstall before installing your version that accepts the blacklisted experiments. Sorry for adding work for you in enabling the debugging. 

Yup you should get rid of that one too.

Well interesting @linuxgurugamer. I uninstalled your debug version and reinstalled the 'release' version from your github fork, and the experiments came back. So there seems to be something very weird going on. I don't really know how to debug it if the debug version works as intended but the release candidate doesn't. The cfg file has all of the WBI experiments listed, so I should have the right version.

The version of the .dll I have installed now after reverting was last modified 3/26/17 at 5:21 PM, and was unzipped from KEI-Unofficial-2007-04-14.zip 

Edited by drhay53

57 minutes ago, drhay53 said:

Well interesting @linuxgurugamer. I uninstalled your debug version and reinstalled the 'release' version from your github fork, and the experiments came back. So there seems to be something very weird going on. I don't really know how to debug it if the debug version works as intended but the release candidate doesn't. The cfg file has all of the WBI experiments listed, so I should have the right version.

The version of the .dll I have installed now after reverting was last modified 3/26/17 at 5:21 PM, and was unzipped from KEI-Unofficial-2007-04-14.zip 

Ok, I'll rebuild and repackage it, it's possible something funny went on, since I'm doing this manually

Here you go:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KSP-KEI/releases/tag/KEI-2017-04-16

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 4 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer any word on this being re-released with your updates or a fork?  Last I saw in this thread from the original author was March 24. I would think this indicates either too busy or a lack of interest in continuing by him, and it would be nice to see your fixes officially incorporated with a final packaged release for 1.2.2, before we play the waiting game with 1.3 I'm not upgrading to 1.3 until a lot of my "vital" addons are updated, and I imagine a lot of others are like me in that respect, meaning a stable "final" 1.2.2 would benefit a lot of users.

13 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

@linuxgurugamer any word on this being re-released with your updates or a fork?  Last I saw in this thread from the original author was March 24. I would think this indicates either too busy or a lack of interest in continuing by him, and it would be nice to see your fixes officially incorporated with a final packaged release for 1.2.2, before we play the waiting game with 1.3 I'm not upgrading to 1.3 until a lot of my "vital" addons are updated, and I imagine a lot of others are like me in that respect, meaning a stable "final" 1.2.2 would benefit a lot of users.

Make no mistake, my "unofficial" version is stable, and for now, final.  It doesn't have certain changes I do to a  mod whenever I adopt it, but those changes are internal and for debugging only, no functionality changes