Hello

cgwhite4

Hello everyone.  I just got on the forums today.  Right now, I'm trying to notify the individual responsible for maintaining a mod of an apparent bug with said mod.  However, I am having difficulty determining if my reply on the mod's topic went through.  I know that since it was my first post, it should go onto a moderator approval queue, but I'm not sure how to tell if even that happened.  It looked like nothing happened, and in my confusion, I hit the button a second time, and so may have committed an accidental double reply.  The second time I pressed the button, it changed briefly to say saving, and then changed back.  It's been a couple hours since then, and I'm getting a bit concerned that my reply may have failed.  Any advice?

This is the thread I was attempting to post to.

Edit: Now, this post is currently pink and listed as hidden.  Is that what should have happened?  (It did not.)

Edit #2: Tried again, and this time, it appeared pink like this one did.

Edited by cgwhite4
another mod bug report attempt made

2 hours ago, cgwhite4 said:

Edit: Now, this post is currently pink and listed as hidden.  Is that what should have happened?  (It did not.)

Edit #2: Tried again, and this time, it appeared pink like this one did.

That's an automatic forum feature.  All new accounts (such as yours) are auto-moderated for the first few posts, meaning that they're hidden (appear pink to you, nobody can see them except you and the moderators) until a moderator manually reviews & approves the post.  It's a security mechanism to guard against spambots.

We try to be diligent about frequently checking the queue so that we can review & approve posts, but there are a whole lot more users than moderators :wink: and therefore sometimes you might have to wait a little while until someone has a chance to review your post.

It's normal, automatic, happens to everyone when they start.  As soon as you've made a few posts, it'll automatically stop doing that and your posts will appear as soon as you submit them (i.e. won't need review anymore).