The Truth Can Now Be Told - Mysterious Machines

purpleivan

• 3 weeks later...

Following pressure for more information on the presence of another species on the Moon during the Apollo program, a senior press officer released the following image and accompanying section of mission debriefing of one of the astronauts.

Annm31M.jpg

"We'd already encountered these things on EVA 1 when they appeared to copy our flag raising. Although it was a weird experience, they didn't seem to be dangerous.

Ah... we'd just placed the last of the thumpers for the Seismic Profiling Experiment and were heading back to the LEM when this rover like vehicle shot past us headed right for it, I mean it was really moving.

Our rover was as aerodynamic as a barn but that thing of theirs looked more like a dragster, 'specially with a rocket blasting out the back of it.

For a moment it looked like our ticket home was going to end up in a thousand pieces on the surface, but at the last moment that rocket jockey pulled the nose up towards space and shot over the top of the LEM... missed the S-Band by the length of my arm.

I'd like to tell you what I thought about that but don't think I should use that kinda language in an official report."

Edited by purpleivan

On 1/10/2017 at 2:18 PM, nascarlaser1 said:

wonder if the Apollo crew had the mystery goo first... then the kerbals stole it...

The goo must have been jam packed for the crews breakfest. By the way this is a great thread! Maybe you gotta see if your source has any documents on more recent encounters from the shuttle/ISS era. :D

Edited by Avery616
addition

• 1 month later...

Due to requests for more evidence of the interaction of the crew of manned moon missions with alien creatures and their technology, a new photograph documenting one of these encounters was released today.

3OcVO8X.jpg

A statement by one of the mission's astronauts taken shortly after their return to Earth.

"On the way out to Station 6 we saw these big boulders on the lower slopes of the North Massif, which Jack wanted a closer look at. But from a distance we could see those little guys had beaten us to it.

The boulders were on a steep slope, which made it a struggle dismounting the rover and that vehicle of theirs was parked right on it, leaned over about 15 degrees.

I don't know if their technology is better at handling that kinda angle for a landing site or if they're just not too careful about where they put down, but it didn't look safe to me.

We'd been collecting samples from the boulder for about 10 minutes when I noticed one of those little guys hanging on to the hatch of the vehicle. That darn thing started swaying around with that fella hanging on,  'til it let go and dropped down onto the surface.

Once it dropped off it stabilised, though it look like it'd slid about 10 feet down the slope.

After that we decided to keep to our side of the boulder, just in case that guy started playing Tarzan again.

As we were leaving for Station 7 I looked over to the boulder and saw that little fella standing by it. Looked like he was taking a dust sample from the big sloping side of it. After a couple seconds it shot up on one of those rocket packs of theirs, heading back to their vehicle and I could see what it had been up to.

It'd scrawled what look like letters, something like "Kracy" in the dust.

Not something I woulda done, but I guess they just wanted to leave their mark behind."

Edited by purpleivan

Just minutes ago a clearly exasperated NASA press officer cracked open the door of the press office and threw out a handful of copies of a photograph and a debriefing of an Apollo astronaut.

The door was slammed shut before the waiting press could ask questions.

It was reported by some in attendance that the sound of laughter, possibly manic, was heard from within the press office moments later.

M9B5iAr.jpg

"Dave was taking a core extraction by the rover while I took a series of pan photos. I was looking down sun towards the LEM when a rover, ah, not ours shot past as I was about to take the shot.

I took a moment to shift my position, to try and get it better in the frame when it stopped moving. Not just the rover either, the, ah... whatever it was that was driving it sat there motionless.

Then this other thing, I don't know if we've given them a name officially, but the critters we've been running into up there, well it shot into view from my right side, flying along on some kinda rocket pack I guess.

Anyway, this little critter, well I guess he was trying to catch up with that rover of theirs and ah, he must have misjudged the velocity and it smashed straight through what looked like a solar array perched on top of the thing. There was debris flying all over, made a hell of a mess I can tell you.

Well the critter on the rocket pack, the collision must have threw him of balance and it hit the ground going at a heck of speed, it was painful to watch. That thing kept rolling and bouncing along kicking up dust and small rocks until it came to stop just past the ALSEP.

I thought that little critter must have been done for, but after a moment it just hops up onto its feet like it was nothing. Then it was that ones turn to make like a statue while that rover of theirs comes over to it. When it drew up next to it, that little guy hops up on to it and just like that its sitting in the empty seat.

After that they headed of towards Hadley Delta, didn't see them again after that.

I gotta say though, whatever they make their suits from, I wouldn't mind a piece of it."

Edited by purpleivan

On 2/13/2017 at 4:55 PM, purpleivan said:

The thought had crossed my mind that there are a lot of very good images of the ISS, possible even some of the shuttle missions that could have "revealing details" added... er, I mean discovered :D

A Kerbal could hit a Sat or knock off a few heat blankets... :D

Edited by KerBlitz Kerman

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, KerBlitz Kerman said:

@purpleivan Moar now!

I'm actually taking a break from KSP art (and playing the game as well) as I'm resting up my right (mouse) arm, due to it being painful for a while.

Looking forward to revealing me "truth" once my arm's not being a pain in the neck... er I mean arm.

17 hours ago, purpleivan said:

I'm actually taking a break from KSP art (and playing the game as well) as I'm resting up my right (mouse) arm, due to it being painful for a while.

Looking forward to revealing me "truth" once my arm's not being a pain in the neck... er I mean arm.

(for anyone who reads this:

Pain the arm, especiall when you draw,write is something as hellish as going though 10 pages of flat-earth youtube comments.)

• 3 weeks later...

After a lull in the releases of photographs showing alien creatures on the moon during the Apollo program, a new photo was made available to the press today.

QUsCcUc.jpg

A transcript of an interview with one of the missions' astronauts, made a few years after the events described, accompanied the photo.

"Well I was taking a series of panorama photos with the Hasselblad. This was at the 8 o'clock position and Ed was using the TV camera to give a live panorama of our landing site.

I'd worked my way round clockwise and just taken a shot looking toward the solar wind experiment when I saw some high velocity dust flying past me from my right. It was real light, but it was really moving and that got my attention because I was thinking it might have been some kinda leakage on the LM.

So I dropped what I was doing and turned round towards the module, just in time to see a vehicle of some kind touching down about 150 feet away. Course I'd heard the rumours, we all had, but it wasn't something we really talked about and my jaw kinda dropped when I saw that thing set down.

I turned towards Ed and could see he was still working the TV camera, but he was looking off to his side at this weird looking thing while pointing the camera in the opposite direction.

By the time I took a shot of the vehicle something had come out of it and was moving around on the surface. It was kinda small, but other than that looked a lot like us, well until it turned round and I got a look through its visor. Everything was in the right place I guess, but it had a head the shape of a pencil eraser and these big eyes, I mean real big.

Only thing bigger than those eyes was its mouth. Kinda unsettling at first, but it gave me this big goofy grin that looked friendly enough and then set of around the far side of the vehicle.

A minute of so later I see it come up behind that vehicle on some sort maneuvering unit, like Gene tried to test on Gemini. Well it moved over the top of the vehicle of theirs and then dropped down on to it. I guess it was made of something a bit stronger than the LM, because when it gets up there it takes a walk across the top of it, to a dish mounted at the edge.

When it gets there, it grabs hold of the dish and starts yanking away at it. I'm standing there waiting for that dish to break off in its hand, I mean this was not some kinda careful repair being attempted. It was yanking at that thing like a plumber pulling on stuck u-bend on a bad day.

But something must have clicked into place because that thing stopped yanking at it and the dish swiveled round to point down sun. I guess that was it's work done, because after that it headed back inside the vehicle.

A few seconds later the upper half of that vehicle, something like our ascent stage I guess, takes off leaving the base section behind. Once we got the OK from Houston we went over to what was left to take a closer look.

When we got over there Ed and I each pulled free a few small pieces of it to bring back with us. I gotta say they didn't look like much, I mean I've seen farm equipment that looks more advanced.

I don't really know what happened to those pieces after we got back. I was told that they were going to be looked at by our top engineers, but later I heard they got crated up and shipped off to some huge warehouse instead.

Could still be there now I guess."

Edited by purpleivan

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, KerBlitz Kerman said:

Do you crop and paste photos in or actually draw them

I take screenshots of KSP with the kerbally bits I want in the right orientation etc. for the photo that I'm editing them into. One I've got one that's a good fit, I cut out what I want then adjust lighting and shadows etc. to make a decent match to the photo.

A new photo showing the presence of alien creatures and their craft during the Apollo program were discovered today. A source at the Johnson Space Center gave the following quote.

"One of the image analysis team found it jammed in the photocopier, along with a memo on refilling the coffee pot when it's emptied and a recipe for spicy sauerkraut".

0PlyTxc.jpg

Released with the photograph was a transcript of an interview with one of the astronauts.

"Gene was parking the rover next to the SEP to give us some calibration data, while I took a panorama of the site. Suddenly I saw a vehicle approached behind the rover from up sun, which came to a stop just behind it.

I couldn't speak for a moment so, when Gene looked my way I gestured to him to take a look behind. He swung around so he was, half on, half off the rover to get a look at what I could see was parked to his rear.

Well Gene took one look at that thing and swung back on the rover, don't think I ever saw him move so fast. Then he headed off as fast as the rover would go. Kicked up a big plume of dust all over that thing.

Then that crazy looking contraption took off after the rover, following right in its wheel tracks.

Gene drove around the landing site for five minutes trying to shake it off. A couple of times I saw him trying to get a look behind him with his wrist mirror, to see if it was still on his tail.

I guess that thing didn't have as low a center of gravity as the rover, because in the tighter turns it was up on two wheels, teetering away looking like it was on the edge of toppling over, first to one side, then the other. In the end it took one fast turn too many and went into this slow, slow, roll to the left.

Well it was a bit of a mess. A big antenna looking thing on the rear of broke off as did about a half dozen other things. Looked like something from a scrap yard after that. Well... more like something from a scrap yard than it did before the crash.

A half minute later Gene arrived back to where I was standing by the SEP. While he dismounted I saw what I guess was the driver of that vehicle, exit it and start to gather some of the pieces they'd strewn across the surface. I don't know if they we planning on making repairs, or just being tidy.

That weird little guy made their way over to that antenna like piece and started dragging it back towards their vehicle. After about a minute it must have got tired of dragging it along, because it dropped it halfway back to the vehicle and made their way over too what looked like some kind of round pressurised tank. When they got up to it, they grabbed it around the center and picked it up.

But I guess the accident must have weakened it, because just as that little guy got a hold of it, some kind of gas started to vent from the underside. It must have been under quite a pressure, because the tank and the little guy holding it took off at about a 30 degree angle to the surface. That thing was really moving, shot over the top of that vehicle of theirs and then headed on out over the South Masif.

Gene and I watched it for about a minute until we lost sight.

I still wonder what became of that little guy."

Edited by purpleivan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.