UomoCapra

Development Update for Consoles!

134 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Swacer said:

And a shock, the Thursday announcement was a waste and the console game owners are treated as the red headed step child again.

Or you could read the KSP Weeklies and see that they're being worked on, with interface improvements as well. It's clear that they are putting resources into the console versions.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 9:32 AM, Red Iron Crown said:

Or you could read the KSP Weeklies and see that they're being worked on, with interface improvements as well. It's clear that they are putting resources into the console versions.

"being worked on"  Doesn't mean much when we've been waiting over a year for something worthwhile. 

Maybe there should have been a $30 refund as a "good faith return" while they produced a playable game (they get to keep $10 of it the original purchase)?  

Edited by Swacer
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I agree. Before Microsoft bought out Minecraft, us console gamers referred to year long hiatuses as pulling a Notch. I guess now we'll say that they're pulling a Squad. 

Us console gamers have been constantly shafted for almost a year, so honestly, we have every right to be angry. No amount of being soothed by Squad or PC gamers who never had to deal with this will work until we actually see results.

Edited by LegendaryAce
2 people like this

12 hours ago, LegendaryAce said:

I agree. Before Microsoft bought out Minecraft, us console gamers referred to year long hiatuses as pulling a Notch. I guess now we'll say that they're pulling a Squad. 

Us console gamers have been constantly shafted for almost a year, so honestly, we have every right to be angry. No amount of being soothed by Squad or PC gamers who never had to deal with this will work until we actually see results.

It's taken this long because they had to find someone new to port this. And we should be hearing something more about the update within a time span of 1 month. Just read KSP daily and you'll see!

Posted (edited)

1 month, one year, what's the difference right? It's not like I've been waiting since the game came out.

Honestly, I'm about to drop KSP. I've been dragged around with promises and dates for months. At least with Ace Combat 7, I don't need to worry about the release date. I've been waiting for that game since 2011. And now it's coming out this year. 

So if nothing has changed between now and the time Ace Combat 7 is released, I can pretty much guarantee I'm saying goodbye to KSP.

Edited by LegendaryAce
1 person likes this

On 3/7/2017 at 2:17 PM, Swacer said:

"being worked on"  Doesn't mean much when we've been waiting over a year for something worthwhile. 

Maybe there should have been a $30 refund as a "good faith return" while they produced a playable game (they get to keep $10 of it the original purchase)?  

I couldn't agree more, this game has been a major let down so far. I've stopped playing this game. And since I'm a video game artist and around developers, game artists, and animators all day, I've been telling everyone, regardless if they heard it or not, to not buy this game on the consoles because it is broken and unplayable. Until it's updated, I won't ever touch this game.

Edited by yingyangaje90
1 person likes this

8 hours ago, yingyangaje90 said:

I couldn't agree more, this game has been a major let down so far. I've stopped playing this game. And since I'm a video game artist and around developers, game artists, and animators all day, I've been telling everyone, regardless if they heard it or not, to not buy this game on the consoles because it is broken and unplayable. Until it's updated, I won't ever touch this game.

I agree. I've stopped playing KSP indefinitely. I haven't launched it in over three months. Halo Wars 2 has kept me really busy, so I've not really cared about KSP.

On a side note, it's been almost a month since the last "update" on the console version. If we don't get something big in April, I'm gonna uninstall KSP and try to find a way to get my money back. I'm sick of constantly waiting only to get trivial tidbits.

I am pretty sure they are close to releasing 1.2 on console guys. Squad just spoke about the console update in Friday's devnotes. Also, I found this on Blitworks twitter feed: 

To me that sounds like they have submitted some builds to SQUAD that seem pretty close to finished. Probably just testing for bugs and optimizing the UI and such. The devnotes seem to confirm that. 

Edited by chimpbone
1 person likes this

I emailed both Squad and Blitworks, they will not give us console players a clear release date. They will just give you a run around saying that it's coming soon and you should talk to Blitworks on Squad side and vice versa. I have a feeling that the consoles won't receive an update until late July, exactly a year after it was released.

On a side note I've filed a negative review with the Better Business Bureau against Squad, Flying Tiger Entertainment, Playstation, and Xbox One; for allowing a broken game to be released early before it was properly tested, making the console players their personal guinea pigs.