Make it possible to disable the display of resources in parts

If I want to use a fuel tank for aesthetic or structural purposes and I empty it, I don't want the fuel gauge on the bottom left or the resources panel to show that I'm not full on fuel.  

Also, PLEASE fix the part placing of angled elevons on angled wings.  Or any elevons on angled wings at that.

They could change is to tanks that have the connection symbol turned off are shown in a seperate line than accessible fuel. then if you have full or empty fuel and it is turned off it does not show up with the main fuel. It would be easier to figure out that way.

I still want a bar of fuel in the VAB/SPH that allows you to empty/fill all tanks for testing COM. And have it follow the order of fill/empty you put on all the tanks.

Edited by Arugela

The green button doesn't remove it from the fuel when you put it on the runway though. It shows it as empty or full fuel. It doesn't remove it from the fuel indicator it. It's still shown as fuel like all the other fuel.

That is what I was referring too by putting it in a new section of unaccessible fuel.

Edited by Arugela

On 01.02.2017 at 6:33 AM, Arugela said:

The green button doesn't remove it from the fuel when you put it on the runway though. It shows it as empty or full fuel. It doesn't remove it from the fuel indicator it. It's still shown as fuel like all the other fuel.

That is what I was referring too by putting it in a new section of unaccessible fuel.

The empty bar indicator is an indicator of the engine state, it shows if it's turned on or off. If the bar is empty and you have the required fuel in the resources tab, you can logically assume that some fuel is unaccessible. Rockets always have some unaccessible fuel which belongs to the next stage and is separated by the decoupler. It is impractical to clutter the UI with an extra gauge if you can just take a glance at the resources tab.

Edited by Enceos

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.