Returning to Kerbin:

LE1CTdQ.png

Re-entry (with transfer stage in background):

LeDLINe.png

Chutes, and moment before transfer stage destruction:

JXwS2bY.png

Al and Bartden satisfied with a job well done:

HKTf2U6.png

And for those of you wondering if I'm going to do Duna next, already been there in .18:

pi0qv.png

Off to switch my tags!

After putting together my Minmus base one piece at a time I decided to try something different on Duna. So I built Quad Mega Base.

2013-04-18_00016.jpg

2013-04-18_00018.jpg

2013-04-19_00007.jpg

2013-04-19_00009.jpg

2013-04-19_00014.jpg

2013-04-19_00019.jpg

Once I managed to get the thing into orbit it was all surprisingly easy. I even managed to land at almost 3000m, on a slope, without blowing everything up.

I've been playing KSP heavily for almost a year, but despite 27 serious attempts, could never make a viable SSTO spaceplane. It was extraordinarily frustrating because many other players seem to find this easy, but it was the one milestone I had never been able to achieve. And then the forum failure was extraordinarily frustrating on top of that, because while it was out, I finally made my first working spaceplane, and couldn't tell anybody about it. Now, behold the majestic SP-28 Surlybondslipper!

PG4ZnEW.png

To make my success even more sweet, after achieving orbit for the first time, I was able to also land it on the runway.

ZMB1AJi.png

Yay me!

A newby just starting out. I build up a series of rockets from AAX1 to AAX6 and 3 probes. Here are some screenshots, not as awesome as those of others, but I am trying:

AAX3, the first rocket to get orbit:

AAX3.png

Kerbin1 probe in orbit, my first probe in an orbit:

Kerbin1probe%20against%20Kerbin%20back.png

Letstalk2, my third probe design and the first design I made that uses many parts, over 50! (the solarpanels):

Letstalk2-SAT.png

Testing a new lander design for mass transportation of kerbals. It didn't go as well as i had planned though...

Descend from orbit

xzlZzkw.png

Slight weight problems

5UqoXnX.jpg

Needs more struts

zscdYw1.jpg

And an old picture of mine that i found the other day. Bill Kerman,the first Kerbal to faceplant on another world.

9Jb6s.png

My Rover, useful on a variety of planets. Currently being tested at the Space Center:

YIV7QQZ.png

And here is its scientific equipment:

I558B1T.png

PS: I embarrassingly forgot to put the all-important: "This rover was heavily influenced by another member's design"

Edited by Budgie

the Voyager Probe:

currently on its way to the Jool system, that will reach in about three years of Kerbal time.

it will exploit the gas giant gravity well to perform a slingshot maneuver, coupled with ~3000 m/s of acceleration provided by the LV-N engine, shooting away from the Sun and into deep space.

OtNRWsW.png

1Q6dV2q.png

My first station. Based on the one in the scenarios. Three launches with MechJeb assisted docking which sadly, without thinking, I just ended the fight after taking this shot. :( Oh well, I'm going to put it back and I think I can do it with a single launch this time.

gvlwJe7.jpg