[1.12.x] Kerbal Alarm Clock v3.13.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

On 14/01/2017 at 5:59 AM, Lord_intet said:

hello, im new to modding etc, i keep getting input locks saying

Current Input Locks:

KACControlLock 

flightDriver_applicationFocus

is this actually a KAC issue?

if so i shall get required info to fix things, here is a screen shot for now http://imgur.com/P3SXgRt i really cant delete kac, i love it so very much! :(

That lock is only on when the mouse is over a KAC window - if the "Prevent Click Through over Windows" option is turned on, it prevents clicks in the KAC interface affecting the underlying game. The setting for it is under Visibility

On 18/12/2016 at 0:20 AM, DomiKamu said:

Bug report about KAC v3.8.3.0 & KSP 1.2.2

EDITED: tests/investigations from fresh & unmodded KSP (only KAC) + providing files for support (logs/savegames/screen captures).

Hi TriggerAu,

Firstly many thanks about KAC, it's very useful tool and really I love it!

However, I have a strange issue when clicking Replace Maneuver Node(s) button (when alarm is triggered just before reaching maneuver node),

I don't know if I'm alone to have this issue.

Issue description: after clicking the button, I can't remove (nor edit) created node. Also the orange gizmo remains displayed on menus, when I quit game (appears in yellow color, as shown in screen captures).

I'm using KSP v1.2.2 build 1622, 64-bit version for Windows, non Steam (bought directly from KSP Store couple of years ago).

This issue is easy to reproduce (the best way is to use "1-Orbiting Kerbin.sfs" savegame, however):

- Orbit Kerbin, any vessel (I use stock Kerbal X spaceship).

- Set a maneuver node anywhere along your orbit (any parameters, it's not important, for example add just few "prograde" dV).

- From KAC, create an alam related to this maneuver node (kill warp, message, 1 minute).

- Now warp and wait... when alarm is triggered and warp killed (1 minute before maneuver node - as expected), click once on Replace Maneuver Node(s) button, from alarm window.

- From map view, now try to delete (or edit) created node: nothing occurs. Now quit game to main menu, from menus, the node remains visible (yellow) - as show in enclosed screen captures (PNGs).

Provided files to help support:

Single ZIP file (with folder structure) containing logs, whole savegame folder (with ship), and 5 PNGs -> here (from Dropbox)

-or-

Folder here (from Dropbox)

Of course, I precise this button isn't vital for me (really I don't need this feature yet) and I've discovered this issue only by chance.

Regards

Dominique

(Sorry about some English mistakes, I'm French and I hate online translators).

Got this bug worked ouyt - its because its trying to add exactly the same node back in. code fix is ready will be in next build

On 21/12/2016 at 9:37 PM, jd284 said:

Is it just me or does the "Hide alarm clock when paused" option not do anything?

Regardless of whether it's enabled or disabled, the alarm clock always hides when paused.

I don't know what's even the point of hiding the window at all...

Good catch, its there cause syocl behaviour is to hide dialogs, but some people wanted it to stay up so they could interact with the alarms when the game was paused. So an option.

Looking at it.

EDIT: Found it and will be in next release

2 hours ago, TriggerAu said:

v3.8.4.0 is now out

You will find it in all the usual places :P

• Fixed bug in HideWhenPaused logic - (Issue #184)
  • Hide the KAC when in the SpaceCenter overlay scenes Issue #186)
  • No longer create duplicate mannodes from alarm windows

Excellent! Thank you very much TriggerAU.

I am feeling very newb right now.  Been playing KSP for a couple of years.  Have three mods installed (MJ, Engineer and a waypoint mod).

But I just cannot figure out how to install  this!!

I have tried copying the folder "KerbalAlarmClock-master" (tried both the parent and the child folders with that name) into the directory "GameData".  Tried copying to the directory "Plugins" and to "PluginData".

Can someone put a gloomy kerbonaut out of her misery, please?

3 minutes ago, POllik said:

I am feeling very newb right now.  Been playing KSP for a couple of years.  Have three mods installed (MJ, Engineer and a waypoint mod).

I have tried copying the folder "KerbalAlarmClock-master" (tried both the parent and the child folders with that name) into the directory "GameData".  Tried copying to the directory "Plugins" and to "PluginData".

Can someone put a gloomy kerbonaut out of her misery, please?

it should be ../GameData/TriggerTech/KerbalAlarmClock

ReadMe-KerbalAlarmClock.txt:

Spoiler

Installing the plugin involves copying the plugin files into the correct location in the KSP aplication folder
1. Extract the Zip file you have downloaded to a temporary Location
2. Open the Extracted folder structure and open the KerbalAlarmClock_v3.8.4.0 Folder
3. Inside this you will find a GameData folder which contains all the content you will need
4. Open another window to your KSP application folder - We'll call this <KSP_OS>
5. Copy the Contents of the extracted GameData folder to the <KSP_OS>\GameData Folder
6. Start the Game and enjoy :)

TROUBLESHOOTING
The plugin records troubleshooting data in the "<KSP_OS>\KSP_Data\output_log.txt".
If there are errors in loading the config you can delete the "<KSP_OS>\GameData\TriggerTech\KerbalAlarmClock\settings.cfg" and restart the game

Edited by LatiMacciato

2 hours ago, LatiMacciato said:

Ah, thank you.

My problem turned to be that I had downloaded the master file by mistake...got it working now, thanks for your help :)

I have tried copying the folder "KerbalAlarmClock-master" (tried both the parent and the child folders with that name) in the directory "GameData".  Tried copying to the directory "Plugins" and "PluginData"

10 minutes ago, POllik said:

I have tried copying the folder "KerbalAlarmClock-master" (tried both the parent and the child folders with that name) in the directory "GameData".  Tried copying to the directory "Plugins" and "PluginData"

np, I'll try again:

extract the release zip (latest / v3.8.4.0) instead, you'll prolly get a folder named "KerbalAlarmClock_3.8.4.0", there is a "GameData" folder inside.

copy everything inside that folder to your game --> GameData folder

hope this helps :D

side-note: usually all mods are released with a gamedata-folder ontop so thats the pointer where things shall go, but also try grabbing the latest release instead the zip of the repo which includes all (+ the source stuff) and that can be confusing tho

Edited by LatiMacciato

great,

here is a small bug report with KSP 1.2.2, the ptrevent click trought isn't working for me:

86wRvSg.png

tell me if you need more infos or test. :wink:

And i've got a suggestion of feature too:

-Add an alarm for the next reentry in atmosphere (or lithobraking), KER is already capable to display it (in orbital category):

O6ZRtSF.png

thank you for your efforts to maintain this mod ( and KSP now :P )

Is there an outstanding feature request to alarm on velocity?

I'm finding that with Interstellar I have extremely long boosts where I just head directly to the target with a deltaV of 10s of km/sec.   It's very tedious to sit through the boost when I know pretty much what I want my final delta-V to be.

I can't use a maneuver node because maneuver nodes can't target a destination.

17 hours ago, Peter Sa said:

I'm finding that with Interstellar I have extremely long boosts where I just head directly to the target with a deltaV of 10s of km/sec.   It's very tedious to sit through the boost when I know pretty much what I want my final delta-V to be.

Many engines in Interstellar has the ability to let you accelerate during TimeWarp. 

Hello,

Thanks a lot for a great and extremely useful mod.

But I have one question, which I am afraid is a very silly question. Is there a Warp To button for alarms that I am missing?

There are the Warp To buttons next to SoI changes and maneuvers in the Map Mode, but is there a Warp To button for any alarm in the KAC window? If I set up a transfer window alarm, do I warp to it manually? Or is there a button or something that I am missing?

1 hour ago, canisin said:

Hello,

Thanks a lot for a great and extremely useful mod.

But I have one question, which I am afraid is a very silly question. Is there a Warp To button for alarms that I am missing?

There are the Warp To buttons next to SoI changes and maneuvers in the Map Mode, but is there a Warp To button for any alarm in the KAC window? If I set up a transfer window alarm, do I warp to it manually? Or is there a button or something that I am missing?

you drive the warp controls manually in that case yes as there are no map objects I could hook to add one of those buttons... but maybe I could add a warp to next alarm button somewhere, thats an idea (which I det someone asked about before and Ive not gotten too :P )

On 23/01/2017 at 10:41 PM, danielboro said:

is ther an option for auto jump to ship?

if not, can it be add?

Not autojump, but an alarm that is connected to a vessel will give you a button to jump to the ship. So if you set it up to be a pause alarm then the game will pause at that point and you can jump to it from the alarm and not miss things

On 23/01/2017 at 7:08 AM, Peter Sa said:

No there's not one for this as the alarms are based on time till an event and as the velocity wont change linearly (as the fuel amounts change) its not a simple one

7 minutes ago, TriggerAu said:

you drive the warp controls manually in that case yes as there are no map objects I could hook to add one of those buttons... but maybe I could add a warp to next alarm button somewhere, thats an idea (which I det someone asked about before and Ive not gotten too :P )

Thanks for the quick reply. I think a Warp To button next to the alarm in the KAC list would make sense. I kind of went crazy looking for it! :)

22 minutes ago, TriggerAu said:

Not autojump, but an alarm that is connected to a vessel will give you a button to jump to the ship. So if you set it up to be a pause alarm then the game will pause at that point and you can jump to it from the alarm and not miss things

i use this

but since some of my ships has KOS boot scripts i can use an auto jump option so thay can run the script instead of waiting until i get back to the computer to jump to them

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had that bug happen above today where the yellow gizmo node couldnt be deleted. When i went to quit KSP, the node was still on screen over the Mun graphic before exiting.

But my real problem is my margins are screwed up and i cant seem to figure out how to fix them. If i hover over my maneuver nodes i get random margins like 4m 12s. Then if i click the warp to arrow, i skip past my nodes even though the margin says i shouldnt have.

Hmm. Maybe an uninstall reinstall is in order. Using version on CKAN.

Edited by Biggen

6 minutes ago, Biggen said:

I had that bug happen above today where the yellow gizmo node couldnt be deleted. When i went to quit KSP, the node was still on screen over the Mun graphic before exiting.

But my real problem is my margins are screwed up and i cant seem to figure out how to fix them. If i hover over my maneuver nodes i get random margins like 4m 12s. Then if i click the warp to arrow, i skip past my nodes even though the margin says i shouldnt have.

Hmm. Maybe an uninstall reinstall is in order. Using version on CKAN.

I have been timwarped past a node a couple times recently too.  

• I'm updating  I am having problems finding the alarms in the Trigger Tec folder looked ever were. The last time I just spent the time redoing them all but now with sooooo many will be a pain. Trying to import but can not fine the alarms in old folder.

3 hours ago, flekota said:
  • I'm updating  I am having problems finding the alarms in the Trigger Tec folder looked ever were. The last time I just spent the time redoing them all but now with sooooo many will be a pain. Trying to import but can not fine the alarms in old folder.

Alarms are saved as KerbalAlarmClockScenario scenario in a save file.