The Ctrl+V thread!

Felsmak

Unsolved problem in physics:
Accretion disk jets: Why do the disks surrounding certain objects, such as the nuclei of active galaxies, emit jets along their polar axes? These jets are invoked by astronomers to do everything from getting rid of angular momentum in a forming star to reionizing the universe (in active galactic nuclei), but their origin is still not well understood.
(more unsolved problems in physics)

gniark gniark gniark, and if i say "no idea" your just gonna hate me ^^

Here's how I make my breakfast.

Ingredients

2 eggs (per person)

1 bowl

Frying Pan

Stovetop

1 Fork (For stirring)

Salt

Pepper

Olive Oil

OPTIONAL

Toast

Jelly (Or Jam)

Instructions:

1. Heat stovetop

2. Pour Olive Oil into frying pan

3. Tilt the pan with the oil in it around. Make sure the oil gets very close to the top rim of the pan, but not over. This is to add taste, as well as make sure the eggs don't stick to the pan.

4. Put the oiled frying pan on the active burner.

5. Crack eggs in bowl. (Make sure there aren't any eggshells in the bowl)

6. Get a pinch of salt. Sprinkle over the egg yolks.

7. Stir the yolks. Putting the salt in first allows the flavor to be evenly distributed.

8. Pour the beaten eggs into the pan.

9. Use a spatula to move the eggs around in the pan. If it makes a wet sizzling noise, it's good.

10. Cut into the eggs with the spatula while you're moving it around. This allows you to have small, eatable chunks.

11. When you think it's done (the eggs should be golden-ish), tilt the pan so that the eggs fall onto a plate.

12. Tap the top of the pepper canister over the eggs. This allows a light dash of pepper over your eggs.

NOTE: If you are adding toast, make sure to put the toast in the toaster before you put the eggs into the pan (Step 8). This allows the toast to be done by the time you finish making the eggs.

And there you have it! Homemade Scrambled Eggs

The struggles of trying to describe cooking to a person in Scotland...

One of my freinds said a certain somebody what put a nuke on a rocket. So I quoted the treaty on principles governing the activities of states in the exploration and use of space, including the moon and other celestial bodies.

Here it is control v:

States shall not place nuclear weapons or other weapons of mass destruction in orbit or on celestial bodies or station them in outer space in any other manner

"Showerthought" is a loose term that applies to the types of thoughts you might have while carrying out a routine task like showering, driving, or daydreaming. At their best, showerthoughts are universally understood and find the amusing/interesting within the mundane.

For my showerthoughts thread.

^n

I have no idea... no actually, I do. I was writing some LaTeX and was using sigma notation, so I had to type a bunch of superscript n's.

(PLUS)

On 2/13/2017 at 6:07 PM, max_creative said:

But there's one sound
That no one knows
What does the turtle say?

Turtles acquiesce to the second law of thermodynamics and avoid unnecessarily increasing entropy by transmitting information without purpose.

Edited by greenTurtle1134
(PLUS)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.