What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Started the day with another tourist trip. Everything went well.... until I overshot the runway...

1_26_oops.pngfree image host

OOPS. Everyone survived, so.... good landing?

After that, I went for a desert flight to search for some rumored pyramids and got some good shots of the High Desert Mountain range...

flying_the_desert_mounts.pngimage upload no compression

After about an hour and a half, I found em!

Flag_with_great_pappy.pngphoto hosting sites

I call the statue the Great Pappy. :D 

Now, on to other stuff!

1 hour ago, -M-TheDoctor said:

After about an hour and a half, I found em!

Flag_with_great_pappy.pngphoto hosting sites

I call the statue the Great Pappy. :D 

Now, on to other stuff!

Took me ages to find the pyramids back in the day. I flew in a search pattern and when I found them, discovered that if I flew in a straight line, I would have found them in 15 minutes :mad:

The last days I was trying to make a Challenge , I think that I didn't try anyone since 0.24

In the past two days I tried with all these SSTO... 

TtUqvOm.png

The complete travel of the "Drone SSTO mk7" is  here: http://imgur.com/a/Gj3Hu

And today I make the complete fly of "Drone SSTO mk8" is  here: http://imgur.com/a/VOi5w

Also I share the design of the ships.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jlvkd0pd417gun8/Drone SSTO mk7.craft?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yrss8cf0j096ly0/Drone SSTO mk8.craft?dl=0

If I play tomorrow I will return to my career game.

7 hours ago, Fearless Son said:

Something similar happened to one of the SR-71 prototypes.  The pilot reports that one moment he was in the cockpit, the next he was falling through the air still strapped into his chair.  The plane has literally torn itself apart around him during a gentle turn.  (It was designed to take that grade of turn at that speed, but a minor flaw had a cascading effect.)

ALWAYS worth re-reading:

http://roadrunnersinternationale.com/weaver_sr71_bailout.html

8 hours ago, Dnaha said:

Hadn't played KSP in a while. Shuttle mod got released and that got me back into it. Forgot how pretty this game could look.

Earth is so majestic. E: Looks like Earth, at least. I only recall seeing that shade of orange in RO...

I put up a raft of supplies to arrive ahead of the DTV and waited for the window. Two days before departure the crew was delivered to the DTV. 23 hours before the departure the supply raft was sent ahead, it'll arrive three days before the DTV. Finally, I sent the DTV on its way. There's a Dres window about midway through their transit, I'll send a copy of the Sarnus probe there. I'm in the slump period of the tech tree where I've mined Minmus of as much science as I'm willing to and made my customary Mun landing, and am now going to farm the other planets because staying in Kerbin SOI is as boring as watching paint drying; I don't envision much changing for a year or so in-game. Maybe I'll unlock the claw so I can do some asteroid science...

lN39N8u.png

DfO2UbK.png

jfzqHzM.png

8sAOHkS.png

Edited by regex

Finally started a long-term science mode game. I should be embarrassed. I'm still a newbie to the game despite all I've done for the community. :blush: 

To make things easy for myself and take away some of the early grind I gave myself 500 science and built the Science Van but to keep things challenging my science gain multiplier is 40%. I have further challenges to add and explore, and will mention them once they're merely installed or finally become prominent.

Two pairs of Junos provide forward and reverse locomotion and the van intends to operate in water, carrying a DMagic ocean science part on the far side. There are currently 15 experiments and they altogether return 20 science.

HVmteri.jpg

Finally, my Sirius Mk.III has landed successfully on a slope at Minmus, with 7 kerbals on board. (4 astronauts + 3 tourists)

jVyUPVC.jpg

The kerbals are trying to do an entertaining pose on the picture.

After that, they return to Kerbin safely.

Then, in the next few missions, I have came across a numbers of setback, that causes some annoyance to me.

One of the contracts wants to launch a satellite to the Mun, with Mystery Goo, accelerometer, materials study, antenna and solar panels.

So I quickly setup my satellite and launch to the Mun.

Uinx5wp.jpg

When the satellite arrives in Mun designated orbit, and patiently wait for 10 seconds, the contract hasn't completed yet.

So I check the on-board equipment......

Solar Panel.......... CHECK!

Battery..........CHECK!

Material Bay......... CHECK!

Mystery Goo.......... CHECK!

Antenna.............

I forgot to bring an antenna! I finally figure out why its signal strength is bad. :P

After thorough discussion in the mission control, they decided it would become a Mun Impactor for SCIENCE.

(I have installed Interstellar mod that could collect SCIENCE with impact)

I have deployed the Vesta Seismic Probe on the Mun surface for collecting the impact data. (Another one is on route to Minmus)

kuwT4bf.jpg

Doing the deorbit burn...........

Hg1xxFV.jpg

.........and, POOF! 100% distilled SCIENCE (I didn't capture the explosion though)

MODZz7P.jpg

Then I sent another modified Sirius Mk.III to collect 400 ores on the Mun for the contract.

UJ6u23U.jpg

After arriving at the Mun Canyon, I found out I didn't bring any Engineers on board.

It became a long mining operation consists of 60~70 days.

After the tedious mining, I sent them to the Kerbol orbit for more crew XP. (They have been in space for 70 days. How bad could it be for adding 20 days more?)

So they have to clam into the capsule for 20 more days! Hope they have enough snacks to compensate that. :D

Edited by heihei4c

I did some flight testing on my stock swing-wing B-1 Lancer. Wings behave themselves most of the time, but the top speed is abysmal for a Mach 1.25 bomber - even with four whiplashes, it can barely break 150m/s.

oYJ3bM9.png

wQApIWi.jpg

After this and the crusader, I guess I have to build a F-14 Tomcat next...

12 hours ago, Fearless Son said:

Reminds me of something, but I cannot put my finger on what... 

Yeah...I was going to ask "should we really be seeing this on a public forum?", but since the answer to the question is an obvious and resounding NOT ONLY NO BUT HELL NO, I won't ask it...

(1.1.3) Yesterday began with two fueling runs at Mün with the Old Bessie 7 fuel hauler from the Piper Alpha refinery to the Munport space station. Old Bessie was on the surface already from the previous day's shenanigans (and Final Destination-esque storyline), so I just had to hook it up and pump the fuel in for the first run. Return to the station was uneventful for once and I was finally able to determine the optimum time and trajectory to launch for a quick rendezvous with the station. The second fuel run was uneventful, and at this point Munport has sufficient reserve fuel for another expedition to the surface. Nobody's en route right now, but one less thing to take care of and all that.

After warping ahead to get rid of a ridiculously craptastic contract, I picked up one to extract ore on Minmus, which was easily done with the Deepwater Horizon refinery. Next contract was to capture and land a newly discovered class A asteroid, so I went to look to see if any were available. Discovered a Class C already in Kerbin's SOI and on a collision course, but no untracked Class As, so I skipped that contract. Does make me want to pay closer attention to the rocks from here on out.

After warping ahead to put Next Objective into dock at Minmusport, the long awaited launch window for the Duna/Ike expedition arrived, and I spent the next three in-game hours making transfer burns for twenty craft in the following order (which I'll hide behind a spoiler shield for the sake of y'all who don't really care all that much):

Spoiler

Apathy - rover in a can
Hojo Zeta - surface outpost
Jiffy Lube 7 - rover parts delivery system
Dunaport - space station
Jiffy Lube 7 - rover parts delivery system
Bleepity-Bleep 7h - probe
Yokohama - science lander
Malaise - rover
Scan Queen - refinery
Spamcan 7b - multi-passenger lander
Prometheus - ore hauler
Bleepity-Bleep 7j - probe
Bellerophon - ore hauler
Ikeport - space station
Bleepity-Bleep 7i - probe
Kyoto - science lander
Spamcan 7b - multi-passenger lander
Enchova Central - refinery
Faux News 7 - probe parts delivery system
Laggin' Dragon - passenger ferry

0Pqbwab.png
The craft of the Duna expedition, finally all en route.

Thanks to Precise Node, I was able to get Duna encounters with only between 1025-1040 m/s of delta-V spent for each craft, leaving in most cases about 700 for the rest of the transfer and orbital insertion. Most of the craft will reach the edge of Kerbin's SOI in 3-4 days, and my plan is to have each perform a correction burn at the Duna ascending/descending nodes to get them plane-aligned and hopefully down to aerobraking altitude. Of the craft, the only one I'm really worried about is Malaise. With its Rhino-powered launch and transfer stage, it had the shortest duration transfer burn of any of the craft, but it also now has the least amount of delta-V for course corrections (250 m/s). I suppose if need be I can dump the transfer stage, get into into orbit around Duna on the skycrane and then use some of the parts from one of the Jiffy Lubes to hook it up for a mid-flight top-off with one of the other ships, but that's going to be risky as all hell. I could also just launch another Rover-in-a-Can 7 to cover my butt, I suppose; launch window is still open there.

Laggin' Dragon departing last was incidental, but appropriate, I think. Mainly I was just launching craft as they came up to the right spot.

What will happen when they all arrive? I'm hoping it'll be a situation where they're not all arriving all at once...

And in way of anti-climax for this morning's log report, I accepted a contract to perform seismic readings near the rover Lunkhead on Minmus. Lunkhead is equipped with a seismic sensor, so I should be able to perform the contract without even having to get Paphe out of Deepwater Horizon, unless she really feels like getting out to stretch her legs. That's on my plate for today. I've also got an expedition at Minmusport to attend to. And I'll probably begin scheduling correction burns...

9 hours ago, Jett_Quasar said:

Finally a real space fleet.

No automatic alt text available.

-Jett

Wonder how you catapult those monster from Kerbin into Orbit!

Like the the one in front of the picture. It looks great, but it body is thin and must wobble like crazy ...what kind of power are you using to throw those into space!?

Edited by Frag2000

15 minutes ago, Frag2000 said:

Like the the one in front of the picture. It looks great, but it body is thin and must wobble like crazy ...what kind of power are you using to throw those into space!?

Personally I wonder how long it took to set them up to pose for that shot like that, without bumping into each other, turning or floating away.

There's probably MJ's hidden in them, do that and you can turn kill RoT on and as long as they're within  x meters of each other the kill rot continues to function even if they're not being flown.

46 minutes ago, Frag2000 said:

There's two ways to get anything into orbit... The hard way and the easy way.  The hard way involves worshiping at the Church of Moar Boosters, and the easy way involves the cheaty debug menu.  Some of those vessels are actually SSTO's so I guess there's a third option as well.

30 minutes ago, Sharpy said:

Personally I wonder how long it took to set them up to pose for that shot like that, without bumping into each other, turning or floating away.

Surprisingly, it didn't take that long...

20 minutes ago, Carl said:

There's probably MJ's hidden in them, do that and you can turn kill RoT on and as long as they're within  x meters of each other the kill rot continues to function even if they're not being flown.

I can't give all my secrets away, but suffice it to say I don't use MecJeb and my use of mods is minimal at all times - that way I can share my craft without any restrictions.

-Jett

Image may contain: night

Edited by Jett_Quasar

12 hours ago, AccidentsHappen said:

Took me ages to find the pyramids back in the day. I flew in a search pattern and when I found them, discovered that if I flew in a straight line, I would have found them in 15 minutes :mad:

I DID THE SAME THING! I saw them while on my way to a science mission, then forgot exactly where they were. The only thing I could remember was that they were in the desert mountains. So I flew out and flew grids over every desert mountain range until I found them. Took me nearly 2 game hours (fast forwarded through the boring sections obviously) and of course it was the furthest western range...

10 hours ago, Dnaha said:

Hadn't played KSP in a while. Shuttle mod got released and that got me back into it. Forgot how pretty this game could look.

Oh man... I thought I took good pictures. These are impressive! :D

1 hour ago, Odonian said:

PCwDVA9.png

08DJtr9.png

BA2eNLU.png

oLa3JTB.png

Today I landed this Ophiura class refinery on Minmus. It makes pretty much everything except food and rocket fuel.

That's just awesome! How'd you get that monstrosity off Kerbin?

38 minutes ago, Jett_Quasar said:

There's two ways to get anything into orbit... The hard way and the easy way.  The hard way involves worshiping at the Church of Moar Boosters, and the easy way involves the cheaty debug menu.  Some of those vessels are actually SSTO's so I guess there's a third option as well.

Surprisingly, it didn't take that long...

I can't give all my secrets away, but suffice it to say I don't use MecJeb and my use of mods is minimal at all times - that way I can share my craft without any restrictions.

-Jett

Image may contain: night

I gotta say, those corvettes are beautiful.

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-26%20at%204.47.0

A very lucrative contract has just been successfully completed which has provided our space centre with an influx of much needed funds.  This mission was to expand our primary station orbiting Minmus, adding a new science lab, accommodations for 14 and 6,000 units of fuel, and to include 3 pilots.  It would have been easy enough to add out new 16 seater hab module but instead we built a 6-sided hub configuration with 2 seats each.

The engineers enjoyed the challenge of building our largest ship to date in this programme, and were happy to be able to put into practice some basic asparagus staging principles.  The ascent to LKO went very smoothly, the two booster stages separating without incident, and the first part of the mission terminated in a circular 80km orbit around our planet where the fairings surrounding the hab section were forcibly removed.

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-26%20at%204.49.1

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-26%20at%204.53.1

The only slightly odd part of this mission was the inclusion of three pilots.  All our pilots were tasked with duties already and therefore we had to reassign some to this mission; we currrently are in the midst of a roster freeze - we aren't hiring at the moment.  Luckily we had three pilots close by in Kerbin Stayshun, so it was just a matter of them jumping aboard the crew transport ship docked there and a rendezvous with the station expansion ship.

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-26%20at%204.55.4

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-26%20at%205.01.3

Once safely aboard, the pilots emjoyed the ride out to the mint moon in comfort, lazing about in the space meant for 12 and pilfering the snack machines endlessly.  Docking with Minmus Stayshun was a flawless piece of cake, and now the profit from the mission rests in our bank account, to be used in about 100 days as we wait with much anticipation for the transfer window to Duna to open.

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-26%20at%205.35.1