[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

I saw that effect too recently.

Also, was also in LKO yesterday and the view was fine, except from IVA, the cloud sphere was the wrong size and moved independently of kerbin when looking around the cockpit. Back in external view the clouds look fine.

Snapped some screenies (also, in the last photo, flying past the Island Airbase, there is a large patch of citylights in the sea, you can just about see...):

Javascript is disabled. View full album

What capsule is that? I tried it with the standard 3 person one, but couldn't get it to do that.

Just down loaded Beta-1, thanks.

Could I suggest that you give your zip files a more specific name than GameData?

Something like BoulderCoBeta1. That way people won't get older versions of the file mix up with newer ones.

Just down loaded Beta-1, thanks.

Could I suggest that you give your zip files a more specific name than GameData?

Something like BoulderCoBeta1. That way people won't get older versions of the file mix up with newer ones.

I second this. It's hard to remember which zip is yours. :)

And congrats on going beta! I'm hoping to get time this weekend to improve the city map.

I second this. It's hard to remember which zip is yours. :)

And congrats on going beta! I'm hoping to get time this weekend to improve the city map.

Asked this before too :)

OT:

I still do not see clouds from the launchpad..

Also, all orbital lines go missing after I alt+tab/alt+enter.

Asked this before too :)

OT:

I still do not see clouds from the launchpad..

Also, all orbital lines go missing after I alt+tab/alt+enter.

That is an issue with recalling Kerbin unfortunately. The Realism mod will have to work around this.

Ah, perhaps it is something capsule specific then, its the Gemini pod from FASA.

Hmm... I will have to try all the capsules now at different altitudes. What altitude were you at? Does it affect city lights as well? (it should)

....well I was going to post a meme but... some poeple here might not like it so... any way good job on sticking with the mod

I want to see it through until Squad adds clouds into the game by default :) I find the planets just look too lifeless without it.

How are the rings going? Your work so far is phenomenal!

Still conceptualizing... some users suggested that they should not be simple "sprites" but instead have an LOD mechanism so that they could be collided with, interacted, etc, so I'm thinking about that a bit.

And on second though, I'm not sure that there should even be any around Jool. One of the Squad devs mentioned a while back that there would be other planets, notably gas giants with rings.

I'm also very interested in getting volumetric clouds working. Textures are nice, but being able to fly through a cloud at launch is what I really want. Imagine getting lost on Eve in a cloud :)

For some reason when I add my personal pgn to this edition and change cfg to pull those png's, in game its not showing up. Like the duna ones I made yesterday. When they show up in game the color is white and not the redish one I have. They work fine in alpha 10.

No worries though, I just want to download mods, install them and play game. I don't want to change things.

I do like the changes in this edition, Jool looks really nice. I also like that you took those heavy clouds out of Duna.

Anywho, can't wait for future releases.

Edited by therealcrow999

For some reason when I add my personal pgn to this edition and change cfg to pull those png's, in game its not showing up. Like the duna ones I made yesterday. When they show up in game the color is white and not the redish one I have. They work fine in alpha 10.

No worries though, I just want to download mods, install them and play game. I don't want to change things.

I do like the changes in this edition, Jool looks really nice. I also like that you took those heavy clouds out of Duna.

Anywho, can't wait for future releases.

Hmm... that is odd. I'll have to take a look into that.

Hmm... I will have to try all the capsules now at different altitudes. What altitude were you at? Does it affect city lights as well? (it should)

Think I was around 600km, don't know about the citylights though, was on the dayside.

One thing I'd do if/when you add rings (if you haven't thought of it already) is make em a biome for science experiments to be done in them. As a side note night operations with this mod just got ahell of alot more difficult now. Night landing my shuttle or spaceplane I keep getting distracted by the pretty lights and clouds that I keep forgetting theres a rather large mountain range west of KSC that I keep flying into :( .

One thing I'd do if/when you add rings (if you haven't thought of it already) is make em a biome for science experiments to be done in them. As a side note night operations with this mod just got ahell of alot more difficult now. Night landing my shuttle or spaceplane I keep getting distracted by the pretty lights and clouds that I keep forgetting theres a rather large mountain range west of KSC that I keep flying into :( .

Good idea, hadn't thought of that.