[1.12.x] Ship Manifest (Crew, Science, & Resources) - v 6.0.8.0 - 28 Apr 23

Papa_Joe

You should not even have a mods tab anymore... I know I don't have one on my build... I will investigate... I removed the mod tab as it is redundant with KSP's built in assembly viewer

So where is this Mods option you speak of?

@Papa_Joe SM was downloaded from the GitHub release page, if that helps. I triple - checked the version number (5.1.3.0) and the loaded assembly version is the correct one:

Environment Info
Win32NT 7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF  Args: KSP_x64.exe -single-instance

Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v1.0.0.0
CLSInterfaces v1.0.0.0
ShipManifest v5.1.3.0

Folders and files in GameData:
ShipManifest
Stock folder: Squad

8 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

Seems like that the mod listing is failing and breaks Ship Manifest. Upon loading a clean installation (Squad + SM) and selecting the "Mods" option, then the log is spammed with the following NullRef error:

[EXC 11:05:08.154] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
	ShipManifest.Windows.WindowSettings.DisplaySelectedTab (Vector2 displayViewerPosition)
	ShipManifest.Windows.WindowSettings.Display (Int32 windowId)
	UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
	UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)
[ERR 11:05:08.156] GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)
  • KSP Version: 1.2.1.1604
  • Ship Manifest Version: 5.1.3

Output log

Yup...... DO NOT HIT THAT "MODS" BUTTON IN v5.1.3!!!....

But, thank you so much for the update..... This mod have been missed :cool: Testing right now..... 

There is something not quite right in the renaming of Kerbals. I get the following message in the DEBUG log.

[LOG 20:08:04.102] [ShipManifest] - Error:   in Roster Window.  Error:  Object reference not set to an instance of an object 

at ShipManifest.Modules.ModKerbal.SyncKerbal () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.Modules.ModKerbal.SubmitChanges () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.Windows.WindowRoster.EditKerbalViewer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.Windows.WindowRoster.Display (Int32 windowId) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
[LOG 20:08:21.571] [ShipManifest] - Error:   in Roster Window.  Error:  Object reference not set to an instance of an object 

I try to edit a Kerbals name when at the Space Center, just trying it out :)

The other features I use the most in this mod works just great! Transfer of science when running experiments is simply a something I would rather not live without. Thanks again for a great mod.

Hey everyone.  Thanks for the feedback.  Here is where i'm at.

1.  Mod button.  This is a bug.  I have now removed it.  This functionality is available in stock now.  I will include this fix in the next point release.

2.  Kerbal renaming and creation.  I'm working on getting the changes properly registered with the game.  This was part of the late changes to 1.2  Also will be in the next point release.

3.  Kerbal Respawn. Looking at this now.  I think it is also related to the roster registration process now needed.  Also will be in the next point release.

Working on them now folks.  Keep the feedback coming!

New release.

Version 5.1.3.1 - Release 15 Nov 2016 - KSP 1.2.1 Compatibility Edition
- Fixed:  Create Kerbal fails.
- Fixed:  Rename Kerbal changes do not show up after change.
- Fixed:  Removed Mod Button from Settings Window.  Was there in error.

Enjoy.

7 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

New release.

Version 5.1.3.1 - Release 15 Nov 2016 - KSP 1.2.1 Compatibility Edition
- Fixed:  Create Kerbal fails.
- Fixed:  Rename Kerbal changes do not show up after change.
- Fixed:  Removed Mod Button from Settings Window.  Was there in error.

Enjoy.

Thank you  so much for making this and doing this quickly :)

If I were a bit too pushy, I would say, now it's CLS turn... But it could be a bit too pushy, I admit :P

Anyway, thank you :)

12 hours ago, FrancoisH said:

Thank you  so much for making this and doing this quickly :)

If I were a bit too pushy, I would say, now it's CLS turn... But it could be a bit too pushy, I admit :P

Anyway, thank you :)

I am in fact in the code for CLS now.  late changes to KSP1.2 (like the very last PR build), broke CLS bad.  So, I'm trying to refactor the "magic" that was used for so long that no longer works.  Maybe a MM config will do it, but not sure.  CodePoet was working with Prefabs in the editor and in flight.  he was actually modifying these things every fixed update. All this to support hatches.

I just downloaded the latest and I'm unable to respawn Valentina;.;.

Error:  in RosterListViewer.  Error:  Object reference not set to an instance of an object 

at ShipManifest.SMVessel.FindPartByKerbal (.ProtoCrewMember pKerbal) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.Windows.WindowRoster.DisplayRosterListViewer () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Full log here if curious (SM log).

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong here, I'm trying to move Valentina from one Mk1-2 to another but it just says "Moving" after I click the Xfer button, tried warping, turning off Realism Mode etc but she still refuses to get over to the other one!

Docked freshly launched ship to the station, SM treats them as one vessel (sometimes re-docking helps). Part-to-part fuel transfers do not work. Buttons do work, but fuel is not moving. Electricity is available.

Also confirming crew transfer problems above.

4 hours ago, Psycho_zs said:

Docked freshly launched ship to the station, SM treats them as one vessel (sometimes re-docking helps). Part-to-part fuel transfers do not work. Buttons do work, but fuel is not moving. Electricity is available.

Also confirming crew transfer problems above.

Same issue, transfers are not working. I'll try to get a log up.

Hey all... I was travelling a bit after my girlfriend from China arrived.  I'm back in town, so catching up.

First, Reviving dead kerbals was a known issue and I release with this bug still in place.  Have a fix working, so will release that soon.

Second.  Vessel to vessel transfers.  I was not aware of any issues with that, so I will investigate.

Third:  crew transfers were working fine.  those I tested, so a log will be helpful.  as always logs go a long way to assist me.  and I know log all SM trapped errors to the output.log as well, so that is all I really need.  I may get rid of the Error window in a future update and this functionality has been included in KSP when in development mode.

This is my first time using this mod, and I like it so far. However, I've found one thing that seems really strange to me. When you click the "Fill" button next to a tank in flight view, rather than transferring resources out of other tanks into this one (like I thought it would), it simply magically fills the tank with free fuel, increasing the total mass of the ship.

...Is this intended behavior? I'm not above cheating on occasion and this might be useful, but that is not what I was expecting and one of my ships has a different amount of fuel than it should now. If it is, is there an option to disable it?

Anyway, other than that, great mod and a worthwhile install. Thanks!

On 12/3/2016 at 3:09 PM, Papa_Joe said:

Hey all... I was travelling a bit after my girlfriend from China arrived.  I'm back in town, so catching up.

First, Reviving dead kerbals was a known issue and I release with this bug still in place.  Have a fix working, so will release that soon.

Second.  Vessel to vessel transfers.  I was not aware of any issues with that, so I will investigate.

Third:  crew transfers were working fine.  those I tested, so a log will be helpful.  as always logs go a long way to assist me.  and I know log all SM trapped errors to the output.log as well, so that is all I really need.  I may get rid of the Error window in a future update and this functionality has been included in KSP when in development mode.

The crew transfers aren't working for me either, it just hangs on moving. Particularly on my space station where I have 3 ships docked and 4 other modules. Sorry, I have never posted a log before, can someone point me in the right direction to do that?

33 minutes ago, John885 said:

Sorry, I have never posted a log before, can someone point me in the right direction to do that?

Certainly! This thread gives very good directions on how to find your logs, as well as how to post the best bug report possible.

I wish that this were actually cross-posted and stickied in the Add-On Releases forum, since this is where most people (reasonably) come looking for support with their mods.

On 12/3/2016 at 3:09 PM, Papa_Joe said:

1 hour ago, John885 said:

The crew transfers aren't working for me either, it just hangs on moving. Particularly on my space station where I have 3 ships docked and 4 other modules. Sorry, I have never posted a log before, can someone point me in the right direction to do that?

42 minutes ago, Merkov said:

Certainly! This thread gives very good directions on how to find your logs, as well as how to post the best bug report possible.

I wish that this were actually cross-posted and stickied in the Add-On Releases forum, since this is where most people (reasonably) come looking for support with their mods.

Thanks! Here is my log file.

output_log.txt

Maybe this?

[ShipManifest] - Error:  Error in:  SMAddon.UpdateSMcontroller.  System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ShipManifest.Modules.ModDockedVessel.get_LaunchId () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.SMVessel.UpdateDockedVessels () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.SMVessel.RefreshLists () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipManifest.SMAddon.UpdateSMcontroller (.Vessel newVessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

On 12/6/2016 at 1:26 PM, ruiluth said:

When you click the "Fill" button next to a tank in flight view, rather than transferring resources out of other tanks into this one (like I thought it would), it simply magically fills the tank with free fuel, increasing the total mass of the ship.

I'm also concerned about this behavior. It seems that this is exactly the sort of thing that the "Realism" mode should prevent, but that mode only turns off the buttons in the vessel overview. Once a resource is clicked, the fill buttons appear next to each tank. I'm not hard-core about realism, but I do prefer not to have buttons that "cheat" things like mining so readily at my fingertips.

Other than that, I'm finding this mod very useful and appreciate all the effort that went into it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

I am nearing completion of CLS update.  once that is released I will be returning to SM for some love.  CLS has revealed other issues besides what has been reported here, so all will be addressed in the next update.

I will keep you updated as I progress.  I expect to start work on SM's next update today.

On 12/16/2016 at 2:13 PM, qobalt said:

I'm also concerned about this behavior. It seems that this is exactly the sort of thing that the "Realism" mode should prevent, but that mode only turns off the buttons in the vessel overview. Once a resource is clicked, the fill buttons appear next to each tank. I'm not hard-core about realism, but I do prefer not to have buttons that "cheat" things like mining so readily at my fingertips.

Other than that, I'm finding this mod very useful and appreciate all the effort that went into it.

A little late on the response to this, but were you by chance in Preflight?  If so, there has been some debate about what should be allowed for realism.  therefore there is a switch in the Realism Tab for preflight resources.  It is enabled by default.  turn that switch off, and Fills are removed.  the switch setting is called Enable Resources in Pre-Flight, and it is under the Enable Resource Xfers setting.

And, if you are worried about it being "easy" to change, then lock the realism settings.  then you can only change them by editing the SMSettings file in the Plugins\PLuginData folder :P .  take a look at the SM Wiki for more info.

Finally, I noted that there are not tooltips for those buttons.  I will add them to provide some more clarity as to their purpose.

Edited by Papa_Joe