[1.0.x] Habitat Pack v0.41

Porkjet

1 hour ago, Starwaster said:

When you load the centrifuge in the VAB, do you NOT get an orange error message in the upper right corner? And spam of said error in the console? (convex hull has a polygon with less than 3 vertices)

Just tried launching one. Launched ok even with the fairings... but it still has the bounding box issue that I reported here: 

And saving then loading the craft causes crashes :(

Yeah, I remember reading about those bounding issues. Seemed serious. :D

I made you the video. Here is a log if  you want to see what errors I get (none that I can tell are related to the Centrifuge).

I took a Centrifuge in a size 3 fairing to a 200x200 orbit. Then I took it to the STARS AND BEYOND with x25 Physics warp (while it's spinning of course, under acceleration) for a minute or so till the engine started to fry things. Also did a crew transfer, some IVA/EVA action. It's a definite blockbuster production.

Like I said, I believe you, but I'm not seeing it.

EDIT: I just started spinning it while it was inside the fairing and then launched it. No problemo.

EDIT2: Deploying it, while it's spinning, while inside the fairing, while it's flying through the air, also no problem (although I thought I made that impossible...)

Edited by Deimos Rast

7 minutes ago, Aazard said:

i'm confused, is the centrifuge able to work in 1.1.3? if so could someone host the file/fix in a single post?

i'd really like to use it in rp-0 again

@PART[centrifuge1]
{
	%PhysicsSignificance = 1
	@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric],*
	{
		allowAnimationWhileShielded = False
	}
	DRAG_CUBE
	{
		procedural = True
	}	
}

1 minute ago, Starwaster said:

@PART[centrifuge1]
{
	%PhysicsSignificance = 1
	@MODULE[ModuleAnimateGeneric],*
	{
		allowAnimationWhileShielded = False
	}
	DRAG_CUBE
	{
		procedural = True
	}	
}

this as a cfg file inside of habit pack main folder is all i need? if so thank you

Just now, Aazard said:

this as a cfg file inside of habit pack main folder is all i need? if so thank you

It goes as a cfg file anywhere in GameData you want. I keep files like that in a folder called MyTweaks. I copy that folder around anytime I have a new KSP installation (from updating)

1 hour ago, Deimos Rast said:

may I include this? Or will it not matter in 1.2?

I haven't found the centrifuge to be reliable in 1.2 at all, given that it causes me crashes. I have no idea why it works for you and not me. In fact, given that you reported no problems without the patch, I'm not sure what it would be good for?

29 minutes ago, Starwaster said:

I haven't found the centrifuge to be reliable in 1.2 at all, given that it causes me crashes. I have no idea why it works for you and not me. In fact, given that you reported no problems without the patch, I'm not sure what it would be good for?

other people who do have issues with it might benefit, if they decide to use the part.

i can confirm from a few hours of trying that centrifuge doesnt work correctly in 1.1.3 64bit ksp running RSS/RO?RP-0. it loads in vab but causes crashes when attempting to bring to launchpad. Its a shame but i guess its time to move on to custom build non inflatable stations.... ground units and orb ect still seem to work,  just not the centrifuge. maybe someone can create a brand new mod of inflatable parts that works in rss/ro/rp-0...starwasher ...lol

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, nascarlaser1 said:

Does it effect Gameplay?

Yes, as when building it starts inflated which makes it not so cool when trying to launch it!

19 hours ago, Billy-Bobford Kerman said:

The Centrifuge will not deflate, and will not spin, even when I click on the hatch. Otherwise, it is working fine.

Did you get this fixed? 

6 hours ago, nascarlaser1 said:

I meant does it make the game unable to be played? I'm used to launching odd objects into space.

Well no, but it defeats the purpose of being a centrifuge, since it can't spin. Also there is no internal view (I found this from a mod review, and there was an internal view for the centrifuge)

7 hours ago, Billy-Bobford Kerman said:

No, I could not get it fixed.

Ah ha! I was playing around with SSTU centrifuges, and trying to get rid of the excess of the mod whilst retaining and manipulating the model stats (failing miserably) and when looking around my various backup folders saw and remembered that Layered Animations was required to make the Centrifuge work.

https://github.com/Starwaster/LayeredAnimations 

See if that helps.

Peace.

4 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Ah ha! I was playing around with SSTU centrifuges, and trying to get rid of the excess of the mod whilst retaining and manipulating the model stats (failing miserably) and when looking around my various backup folders saw and remembered that Layered Animations was required to make the Centrifuge work.

https://github.com/Starwaster/LayeredAnimations 

See if that helps.

Peace.

Could you put this into the main upload? I don't have the mod yet, and I am new to moding so I only know how to install mods via CKAN :(.

2 hours ago, nascarlaser1 said:

Could you put this into the main upload? I don't have the mod yet, and I am new to moding so I only know how to install mods via CKAN :(.

I have no idea where the upload is, and I don't have access to it via CKAN which I do personally use.  Sorry I can't be of further assistance!

The folder that I have the plugin is C://Programs(x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/LayedAnimations/Plugins/LayedAnimations.dll

The download I am sure is from the zip file file available at  https://github.com/Starwaster/LayeredAnimations 

17 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

I have no idea where the upload is, and I don't have access to it via CKAN which I do personally use.  Sorry I can't be of further assistance!

The folder that I have the plugin is C://Programs(x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData/LayedAnimations/Plugins/LayedAnimations.dll

The download I am sure is from the zip file file available at  https://github.com/Starwaster/LayeredAnimations 

Ok guys, this has been said about 69,105 times already but Layered Animations is obsolete and no longer required or used by anything because the stock animator module provides that layer support.

Previous page has a patch by @Deimos Rast to make Habitat Pack compatible with KSP 1.2.*

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 0:33 PM, Starwaster said:

Ok guys, this has been said about 69,105 times already but Layered Animations is obsolete and no longer required or used by anything because the stock animator module provides that layer support.

Previous page has a patch by @Deimos Rast to make Habitat Pack compatible with KSP 1.2.*

How do I get the patch to work?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.