The Fan Works Library

KSK

Might you be able to add my story of the laythean conflict in? I don't mind where you put it so long as it isn't in humor.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/135914-The-Story-of-the-Laythean-Conflict-%28WIP%29

And maybe my, "A fine flight" story? http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/136876-A-fine-flight Again, anywhere but humor. If you think it's horrible enough to go there, don't add it at all. otherwise, anywhere you want.

Added under Short Stories and Incidents respectively. Also added pandora's kitten's disarrayed space program to the list under incidents - sorry that took so long!

Colmo - it's something that's cropped up before. I'm pretty sure that some of the authors would appreciate a few quid for their work :) but I think charging for any of the Fan Works stories would also get them into a legal grey area. Regardless of any legal niceties (which is not a subject for this thread - happy to take it off-thread or into PMs), it would be polite to at least ask Squad before selling stories based on their characters.

I love how you classified mine under "Incidents". If these happened in real life I think it would be an incident of global severity with many corporate and government heads on the chopping block. I just came back from handling a fair number of these in my new job too lol!

One of the many wonders of virtual space programs is, we can screw up as often as we like on a cosmic scale and pass it off as "just playing" :D

Here's another one to review and classify; an oddball after action review of my helicopter building experience in KSP, going from simple tip-jet designs to later working heavy lift choppers.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/133584-From-XH-1-to-Mi-12-Rotary-Winged-Adventures-in-KSP

My elcano challenge thread has become kind of a hybrid of a mission report and everyday events that happen in Kerbal Train Program..

None are fiction though and all writing with accompanied screenshots and video actually happened.. its not as focused as it used to be though so might classify under something in this section.. not quite sure.. it'd be nice to know though :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey folks,

Well, as it was foretold, so it came to pass. The forum migration appears to have broken the links on this thread and as of the last developer update, repairing them automatically looks to be off the table.

I have a couple of chapters left to write in Part 3 of my First Flight story and I'm hoping to have them done by Christmas. After that, I'll be fixing up the links on this thread. It'll probably take a while so thanks in advance for your patience.

Cheers,

KSK.

Well that was one swift refurbishment! The library is now open again and management would like to extend a big thank-you to KasperVd's Archival Repairs Company for getting the job done double-quick.

• 1 month later...
On 11 August 2015 at 9:59 PM, Kuzzter said:

Hey, are you still maintaining this list? If so, we may have a new category for you with several serialized graphic novels in progress! The ones I know of are,

The Asteroid Sentinels by SaturnianBlue

Graphic journal of an modded normal mode career by TheGamer211

and of course my own

Duna, Ore Bust and Eve: Order Zero

Hooray for the funny pages! :D

New Graphic Novel shelves added to the Library. Stocking is in progress, this may take some time. If I could ask a favour of any authors out there working in whatever format - please could you flag up any finished tales, either with a forum tag or by revising the title a la Kuzzter? It just speeds things up if I can see whether to put your work in the finished or WIP sections of the Library without having to skim through the whole piece first. I do try and follow, or at least keep up to speed with newly emerging stories but keeping track of 'em all is a big job!

Edit. I'm also taking the opportunity to have a bit of a clearout of the Work In Progress section. Any work that was last updated in 2014 or earlier has been moved to the Abandoned section but can easily be moved back at the author's request.

Cheers,

KSK.

Edited by KSK

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Library now includes all stories posted in the Fan Works forum in 2016. Next task - update to include material from the Mission Reports sub-forum.

This may take a while...

34 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Lol good luck with that :D:P

Yeah, I think I'll have to be a bit selective. The Library was originally intended as a fanfic archive thread but expanded a bit to include other written works and graphic novels. For a first pass through the Mission Reports I'm going to insist on some story before adding it to the library, otherwise the quantity of material just becomes too much. Hardship is fine - the story there is picking up nicely - and I've just added it to the Work in Progress shelves. :) 

Edited by KSK

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, cratercracker said:

Hey KSK, why not to add my "science behind x" journal? (i know it is pretty bad right,but it is art man and i see art my own way)

The Library has non-fiction shelves for exactly that kind of thing but I really don't have time to trawl through the forums at the moment. If you could send me a list of links to your 'science behind' threads (preferably by private message), I'll happily add them.

• 2 months later...

Please add my new one I just created. 

When your friends ask you, some time from now, what is KSP, with a tear in your eye, just show them this. 
When watching, remember your first lunar mission. How those brave Kerbals worked so hard to see the mun. They did it. Here is how they did it. Turn up your sound and watch this epic adventure. 

It's a nice video but the this thread is not really the place for it I'm afraid. Quoting myself from a couple of posts ago:

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 9:49 PM, KSK said:

The Library was originally intended as a fanfic archive thread but expanded a bit to include other written works and graphic novels. For a first pass through the Mission Reports I'm going to insist on some story before adding it to the library, otherwise the quantity of material just becomes too much.

@HatBat runs this thread for cinematics which would probably be a better place for your work.

Thanks,

KSK.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.