[0.25/0.90] Better Atmospheres [V5 - June 14th, 2014]

Thesonicgalaxy

That was a mistake by me, it's going to get fixed in V5 or whatever comes out next.
Ok, thanks. Could you at least let me know if you meant for the Laythe configuration to be applied or not, so that I can take appropriate action on my installation?

God, again!? Your fadedist should be at 100 on the atmo layer. For some people it just seems to screw off and do whatever. So no, that's not normal.

For the second question, yes actually. I'll need to get in touch with the guy making the mod to do stuff like that.

All fadedists are at 8 or 0.4. Which do I need to tweak?

Ok, thanks. Could you at least let me know if you meant for the Laythe configuration to be applied or not, so that I can take appropriate action on my installation?

It never was finished, I didn't really get much time to test laythe's out. You can, but you don't have to.

so iv noticed that if i disable the muns atmo in your config, it comes back next time i start up the game. is this a glitch or something im doing wrong? is there a way to pertinently remove atmos from cretin planets? thank you for your help, cant wait to see whats coming next and sunsets!

On the contrary, it's only for not RSS. It just uses the RSS plugin to make some atmospheric changes.

Thesonicgalaxy, I'd appreciate it if you'd edit the OP to make that clear. :)

Aha thanks Nathan, i was a bit confused by the dependency!

Do I see this right? Finally someone managed to get rid of that white horizon.

I love it! But the black sky starts a bit too early. Is there any setting I could change to let the dark sky begin at higher altitudes?

greetings,

Themorris

Do I see this right? Finally someone managed to get rid of that white horizon.

I love it! But the black sky starts a bit too early. Is there any setting I could change to let the dark sky begin at higher altitudes?

Not too sure exatly if this is how it works, but you can raise the altitude of the blue 'atmosphere' in the alt+n menu, just look for the layer with varies colours. I think the current limit however is 22000 which is to low imo for RSS

Not too sure exatly if this is how it works, but you can raise the altitude of the blue 'atmosphere' in the alt+n menu, just look for the layer with varies colours. I think the current limit however is 22000 which is to low imo for RSS

There is no limit though :P

So nothing on my posted issue?

It's hard because I can't tell if that's an EVE issue or a my pack issue. I've lowered the resolution of the atmo.png thanks to pete pointing out it's oversizedness. Stuff like that comes from a PC not being able to handle high res textures. You might wanna try re downloading BAV4 and replacing atmo.png with the new one. If that doesn't fix it then idunno.

Hmmm, also, when I am about to escape kerbin's atmo, I clip through the blue glow, is that normal?

Jeez. I wish rbray would really take his time to fix the saving. It should be saved at 100 on the fade dist, but of course for some people it buggers off to 8 or whatever it wants. Go to the atmo layer and change the fadedist under advanced settings/SETTINGS to 100.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.