[1.12.x] USI Exploration Pack - Small parts, big adventure! [v 0.6.0]

RoverDude

I'm having an issue. I can't get the parts to go into the KIS containers. I'm click/hold/dragging them onto the open inventory of a KIS container to no avail.

Which parts? The packrat parts are pretty big stored. It will fit inside the big KIS container.

I was looking through my mods folders and noticed the folder "ModuleRCSFX" which I thought was a bug patch for .90 bugs. checking the readme, that does seem to be what it is. Looks like I installed it when I added this mod. The dll is dated in the zip 1/18/2015. Is it still needed for this mod?

Which parts? The packrat parts are pretty big stored. It will fit inside the big KIS container.

For some reason that works now, except the packrat seat is invisible as a drag n drop in the VAB/SPH, a mouseover the slot in storage inventory will show the text for it, but the icon doesn't show.

I was looking through my mods folders and noticed the folder "ModuleRCSFX" which I thought was a bug patch for .90 bugs. checking the readme, that does seem to be what it is. Looks like I installed it when I added this mod. The dll is dated in the zip 1/18/2015. Is it still needed for this mod?

You should also grab the updated version from the GitHub repo. The one packaged with USI stuff is outdated.

The duct fan overheats always and I'm not sure if I used it wrongly or if there's another problem.

At 33% thrust everything is ok.

C3vMLx4.jpg

At 40-45% it will immediately overheat and explode.

RhZQO5g.jpg

What's going on?

That's kinda the point - they are a bag of parts ;)

True, but you had some particular configuration in mind when you modeled it, right? Usually I like to see what was intended before I go modifying things.

Even legos come with instructions for a given package lol

True, but you had some particular configuration in mind when you modeled it, right? Usually I like to see what was intended before I go modifying things.

Even legos come with instructions for a given package lol

Not sure if that is always true. There are some parts that seem to fit together, but like the HERP pod I don't know if there was any particular craft it was designed for.

Anyhow a few videos using some of the parts

Still my favorite. I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to make a science biome hopper based off this. It's not too hard except the size of the materials bay.

Not sure if that is always true. There are some parts that seem to fit together, but like the HERP pod I don't know if there was any particular craft it was designed for.

Anyhow a few videos using some of the parts

Still my favorite. I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to make a science biome hopper based off this. It's not too hard except the size of the materials bay.

Thank you.

Try Dmagic's orbital science-- it adds a smaller version of the materials bay and science wedges to go with universal storage.

I have a question about assembling the packrat rover. How do you properly assemble it because there is no manual to do so, because Once I attach it the ground pylon, it says I cannot detach it because there is other parts attached already. Can anybody please help?:huh:

Avedis, try to use decoupler.

BTW, I find packrat not stable enough for my liking so in latest missions I use micronode structural part as ballast (with some config tweaking) - it fits ideally between wheels and chassis. Only problem is - it looks terrible. So here it comes - new feature request for optional ballast part that may be used to offsetcentre of mass down and extend rover width.

Thank you.

Try Dmagic's orbital science-- it adds a smaller version of the materials bay and science wedges to go with universal storage.

Ended up working ok. A little bloated in the middle but flies fine

7HFlQak.png

I am trying like hell to stuff an AES jumpseat onto the packrat, nearly everything blocks the "hatch", the front row of nodes are blocked by the front bumper section and if you put it any further back you cannot fit the roof-rack without blocking the kerbal from getting in and out.

I finally managed to jury rig it to work, but it is not pretty. if you could add a simple "middle chassis" part for the packrat to let you stretch it out in the middle, that would be great. And if you wanted to get really industrious you could also add a slightly hourglass shaped middle to add some extra length and a middle set of wheel attachment nodes to add some additional variety.

Anyone else have a working Packrat with an AES jumpseat who wants to share the design?

I am trying like hell to stuff an AES jumpseat onto the packrat, nearly everything blocks the "hatch", the front row of nodes are blocked by the front bumper section and if you put it any further back you cannot fit the roof-rack without blocking the kerbal from getting in and out.

I finally managed to jury rig it to work, but it is not pretty. if you could add a simple "middle chassis" part for the packrat to let you stretch it out in the middle, that would be great. And if you wanted to get really industrious you could also add a slightly hourglass shaped middle to add some extra length and a middle set of wheel attachment nodes to add some additional variety.

Anyone else have a working Packrat with an AES jumpseat who wants to share the design?

But why?

iKZs5ld.png

So I can launch it with a pre-seated kerbal inside.

- - - Updated - - -

I had to put my kerbal on a booster seat using an AES outrigger to get him high enough that the hatch was not obstructed.

This is the fully kitted out version sporting a full science suite, duel mini-drills and karbolectric generator. It seats 4, with the pilot in an AES pod.

Update: Incidentally, on that 2nd version pictured there is a bug when you go IVA in the jumpseat it puts the Kerbal's POV well behind the pod to approximately where the green science box is and has them looking forward through the center EAS seat. Also the Jumpseat does not show under the command tab. Should it also have science storage?

You should really look into creating your own tab for Kolony modules...they are really cluttering up my Utility tab.

Edited by Smurfalot

Anyone notice that any Kerbal contained within a Herp Pod shows up in the lower right corner for all ships in the vicinity?

Bill in Herp Pod

etEzTtH.jpg

Different vessel in the same general area and Bill still shows in the bottom right corner.

QfQNQgF.jpg

Anyone notice that any Kerbal contained within a Herp Pod shows up in the lower right corner for all ships in the vicinity?

Bill in Herp Pod

http://i.imgur.com/etEzTtH.jpg

Different vessel in the same general area and Bill still shows in the bottom right corner.

http://i.imgur.com/QfQNQgF.jpg

maybe bill is just too leet? Honestly I've never used the herp pod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.