[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

So which parachutes do you want slimmed?

The Mk1, M16XL, and M25, if you could. Either the original stock models or anything more like the original, rather than looking like the RealChute models. It's more difficult to attach decouplers and such above the parachutes via a cubic strut or something when the parachutes are so tall and pointy.

But really, these skins and models are just great.

Edited by Boomerang

This mod irritates me. Amazing texture work on beautiful models, and yet the style is just slightly off stock, so my favorite mods (either stock-a-like or gameplay-expanding) clash ever so slightly. Maybe it's how sharply defined and smooth everything is, or maybe you use a slightly different pallet. I like most of the design updates, but I wish it looked ever so slightly more cartoony. However, you did make a radial drogue chute, and for that I will love you forever. Not necessarily work I like, but still excellent work none the less. Keep it up!

Oh! sorry about that! I'm now updating the download along with a few other small bits. Thanks for posting this!

[avera9ejoe] said [he] wanted it to be stock sized right? If so here's the complete model (drop it in the lander cabin folder and it should* work).

*I didn't test it.

-------

I really didn't like the stripes on the T800, but I agree with the gray band on the T400. And I'm not changing those models, because I want these tanks to look sleek.

What is the difference between the two models?

Also, has there been a fix to the off-center attachment nodes?

Also v2: Can you release a separate FL-T800 tank that has the black stripes?

The Stock Mk2 lander can has a gray, raised rim around the bottom edge. The version Ven made is completely flush flat on the sides (the circumference was extended to the height of the previous rim). It matches MUCH better inline with other parts, but it makes all parts on the side of the Mk2 can shift halfway inside the model when loading a saved vessel made with the stock model. don't want to use the new model it because it would mean I'd need to redo all the ships I've made with it, and I wouldn't be able to swap back to stock textures. The only mods I use are Aesthetic mods. If they edit the models of stock parts I tend to shy away from them as it technically changes the gameplay of them. Textures on the other hand, only change their appeal. Not attachments. Make sense?

Oh. Just a quick bug question. I'm having this glitch where when I launch a vessel (It had the Mk2 pod, a 909, a different engine, the small and big decouplers, and two of your fuel tanks), it has no gravity and it reads an unchanging velocity of something like 174m/s. Also it randomly flips upside down due to drag and is uncontrollable. I'm not sure if this has any relation at all to this mod, but has anyone else had this issue? Stock v0.25 32bit with Stock Part Revamp.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

This looks awesome! Does it actually add new parts, or just new textures for the current ones?

There's a separate folder in the download that has a handful of new parts, but the vast majority of it is new textures and models for stock parts. I think Windows gives you options to combine the contents of folders that makes instillation easy. I know on OSX the most straightforward way is to paste the mod files for a particular part into the part's stock folder, overwriting where necessary.

Just make sure to have a backup o your KSP/Gamedata/Squad/Parts folder, in case of mistakes or if you wish to revert to the original models/textures.

Here's a request: Could you make a version where your redone parts are in addition to the stock parts instead of replacing the stock parts? I know it'd chew up a lot of memory, but that way people like me who find your style a little on the hit-and-miss side could enjoy the parts we want. Plus we could use them without messing up mods that reference stock models. Please?

Sorry for the double post, but could I ask that the aerospike's texture gets a second look? Every time I see it, I think the texture hasn't loaded properly and is just pure black. Some bright silver rings or lines on the base or on the spike or something to liven it up, make it less.. black, I guess.

Just noticed a small issue with the Hitchhiker: the nodes are off-center relative to the mesh. Image:

http://i.imgur.com/IG4wni8.png

I noticed this because I rotated it 180 degrees around the node axes and the mesh moved around a bit. Might wanna check the position of the mesh in your modeling software and in Unity just to make sure it's positioned correctly. Since it lined up with the Lander Can correctly when not rotated I'm guessing the issue may exist in multiple parts.

Edit: Yep, Lander Can definitely has the same issue:

http://i.imgur.com/XSl0TRA.png

I'm not going to download this until the attachment nodes are fixed. But when they are fixed, This mod is gonna get plenty of use.

Also, has there been a fix to the off-center attachment nodes?

Also v2: Can you release a separate FL-T800 tank that has the black stripes?

Fixed, and added the stripped tank in the download in an alt texture + model folder.

Sorry for the double post, but could I ask that the aerospike's texture gets a second look? Every time I see it, I think the texture hasn't loaded properly and is just pure black. Some bright silver rings or lines on the base or on the spike or something to liven it up, make it less.. black, I guess.

lightened it up a bit.

I don't know if you'd be at all interested in this, but my kingdom for your deployed parachutes with the old parachute models.

I've tried fiddling with the model and texture files, but I haven't yet found a combination that gives me the original lower-profile parachute case and your awesome-looking canopy textures.

Also, you deserve a knighthood or something for fixing the Mk 1-2 capsule. Both the odd positioning of the hatch and the limited number of attachment faces on the original made it such a pain to work with.

Added the shortened parachutes in the download, hope they work for ya:wink:

Small node issue with the LV-T30. The bottom node is a little low, leaving a gap when stacking.

http://i.imgur.com/zelGkZ9l.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/mqXoJG2l.png

Fixed both engines, they should fit much better now.

Could we get a landing gear revamp? the stock langing gear for planes just looks so odd.

I'm on it. :D

Oh! and the 2.5m tanks +RCS tanks are ready! (The new MK1 is here for the party!)

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Wow. Beautiful job here.

I wish you could do the bigger ones.

Their in the works!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I think the attachment node of the Mk1 Cockpit is too "deep" in the model. Some parts aren't looking good becouse of this(example: MK1 Fuelsalage).

EDIT: Maybe the the Mk1 Fuelsalage causes my problem.

Edited by Noorbi

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.