[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

More suggestions:

-Tweakscale support for te non-replacement parts?

-Do landing legs next!

-47-S and a non-horrendous monoprop engine?

-Also, a redone cupola (set up so it's flush with the hitchhiker and lab) and a lab without the hideously large windows?

-I'd hold off on the Mk3 stuff. Purely because Squad is going to shake all that up anyway.

Something I just noticed:

In the editor, parts that aren't connected aren't redded out. This is what I mean:

VmqBRWW.png

The part on the left isn't connected and is redded out to show this. The part on the right (fuel tank) shows the normal 'attached' texture (but the radial mounts on it are correctly translucent).

Not a major bug, but it could be confusing at times. Also, I'm sad that Texture Replacers new update (that adds reflections to the 1-2 pod, Hitchhiker pod etc) doesn't work on these revamps. Would be amazing if they did, I like shiny stuff :D

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

Might be that the fuel tanks aren't using the KSP/Diffuse shader. Might wanna do a quick check on that, Ven. The new stuff looks freaking awesome otherwise! I'm busy roaming Skyrim so I can't check them out in game quite yet but I'm looking forward to it!

That's awesome! I'm worried about the new parachutes and realchutes, though.

The parachutes should still* work, but the canopies will probably be overwritten. The two new drogues, however, may have a few issues.

Suggestions on what to do next?

Mk-3 parts (unless you're happy with the revamps already attempted by other modders - namely Nazari's)

I'm waiting to see what Squad does with theirs, before I go crazy with the platform. That and I really want to do the electrical parts next.

Holy cows the new update! The new engine models are gorgeus! Really want to see what you'll do with the electronics now :)

EDIT: it would be cool if you could slip in a size3 and a size 2 shielded docking port, the normal ones look out of place and ugly...

Edited by Sage

Something I just noticed:

In the editor, parts that aren't connected aren't redded out. This is what I mean:

http://i.imgur.com/VmqBRWW.png

The part on the left isn't connected and is redded out to show this. The part on the right (fuel tank) shows the normal 'attached' texture (but the radial mounts on it are correctly translucent).

Not a major bug, but it could be confusing at times. Also, I'm sad that Texture Replacers new update (that adds reflections to the 1-2 pod, Hitchhiker pod etc) doesn't work on these revamps. Would be amazing if they did, I like shiny stuff :D

Hmm... I swear that they're using Ksp bumped spec. Is this happening on the other 2.5m tanks?

Wait... Texture Replacer now has part reflections?! Oh the gloriously shiny solar panels I shall make!

Not to mention the windows, but that depends if it down,t bother with the emmissives...

Holy cows the new update! The new engine models are gorgeus! Really want to see what you'll do with the electronics now :)

EDIT: it would be cool if you could slip in a size3 and a size 2 shielded docking port, the normal ones look out of place and ugly...

Ah! I'll be getting to those two soon(now to come up with an interesting opening animation)

Another "congrats on being on modding mondays"! Woo!

Hmm... I swear that they're using Ksp bumped spec. Is this happening on the other 2.5m tanks?

Wait... Texture Replacer now has part reflections?! Oh the gloriously shiny solar panels I shall make!

Not to mention the windows, but that depends if it down,t bother with the emmissives...

I'll check other parts (on a stock install) tomorrow evening if needed. Also, yeah, TR has reflections, but currently, it's just reflecting either the skybox or EnvMap, not sure yet. It needs a bit of work (it's visible in the editor right now etc) but makes things oh so shiny.

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

You might consider making some engine-independent boattails? Like an insterstage fairing but upside down. Should satisfy all concerned. :)

I'm not quite sure what you mean, can you clarify?

I've noticed a noticeable difference in quality between some of those parts. The lander can for example. Will you be fixing that?

perhaps, but I still have alot to do. I'd rather not get stalled on remaking my own parts (RT-10 and BACC I'm looking at you).

Another "congrats on being on modding mondays"! Woo!

I'll check other parts (on a stock install) tomorrow evening if needed. Also, yeah, TR has reflections, but currently, it's just reflecting either the skybox or EnvMap, not sure yet. It needs a bit of work (it's visible in the editor right now etc) but makes things oh so shiny.

It's really great lol :D it truly gives a more metallic feel to the parts in the game ESPECIALLY when used with the 2.5m tanks redone in this pack :D

perhaps, but I still have alot to do. I'd rather not get stalled on remaking my own parts (RT-10 and BACC I'm looking at you).

You should move on to other parts anyway. It should keep you from burning out if you're doing something different all the time, but please do get back to the poorer ones at some point.

You might consider making some engine-independent boattails? Like an insterstage fairing but upside down. Should satisfy all concerned. :)

I had this same thought. Might require some serious thinking to make sure all of the current models work well with it though :/

An example. Green is attach nodes. Red outline is of the boat tail part (2.5 m on one side, 1.25 or .626m on the other side). Yellow outline is of engine itself. Then an engine could look good on different size tanks as long as you had a few boat tails. It would also allow bicouplers and such (especially if you add a floating attach node to the boat tail below where the engine nozzles would end; that way you could have one big fairing around a bicoupler)

uXms1a0.png

I'll be sure to post a pic of my new shuttle (designed today :D) with 2x poodle power. It's a winner. Full Size

axSqPIsl.jpg

Edited by kujuman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.