What is your part limit?

Roflcopterkklol

How many parts before you start to lag?  

243 members have voted

1. 1. How many parts before you start to lag?

• 100-200
    • 200-300
    • 300-500
    • 500-1000
    • 1000+

1000 parts?! Wow!

I try to keep my craft within the 100-200 parts range, mostly because I got used to that with Linux KSP being a bit slower than Windows (It's better now though)

It's just the way I prefer it, doing as much as possible with as few parts as possible :)

1000 parts?! Wow!

I try to keep my craft within the 100-200 parts range, mostly because I got used to that with Linux KSP being a bit slower than Windows (It's better now though)

It's just the way I prefer it, doing as much as possible with as few parts as possible :)

An example, i just finished building this SSTO reusable fuel station, it is 650 parts, and that is after cutting it back from 890 because i though i should share it at some point lol.

Q9TZthx.jpg

I start to have noticeable, but minor slowdown at around 400-500 parts. It gets worse, but still very playable in the 500-1000 part range. I don't know where the part count becomes unplayable since I rarely build anything in the 1000 part range range. I think the only thing I ever built that was more than 1000 parts was this thing...

I don't need a limit because building small crafts are the best design anyway :)

I cant seem to find anything to do with small craft, like a small SSTO, idk what to do with one once i have made it, i mean i tried making a small SSTO with cargo bays for an example, and this is my version of small (360 parts)

pzlMBlB.jpg

D21Eg3t.jpg

I've worked with up to 1000 from time to time, but I generally prefer to play with not much more than 500 parts in physics range at once. Just a more enjoyable experience when it's not stuttering like crazy.

This is a hard one to answer.

My betting is nobody's computer doesn't lag in KSP. Every ship over 400 parts say, will cause a reduction in frames per second.

It depends on at what point you feel that slowing of FPS. It will vary between different people due their own sensitivity to it and also their KSP

delta time setting.

I notice a slowing of FPS at around 500 parts, fewer when near the space center. My limit for tolerance of lag is a ship of around 700-1000 parts.

That's at full settings, delta time set all the way to the right.

MJ

Well I have a system that's designed on a Per-function basis:

Stations/Bases: 150 parts max, including rovers and other accessories.

Rockets/Lifters: 30 Parts or so.

Payloads: 30 parts or so. This means satellites, etc.

Rovers: 25 parts or so.

Shuttles: Under 75 parts.

These guidelines are put in place for the sake of both part count and structural stability. In KSP, less parts means less wobble, and higher framerates.

I cant seem to find anything to do with small craft...

How about going everywhere, landing and returning?

I've just checked - the highest part-count vehicle in the whole of my tutorial would be 112 parts (interplanetary tractor medium with 4 x engine modules) plus whatever its payload is, at most a spacestation so another 104 parts; total 216. Apart from that tractor and the spacestation itself the highest part-count vehicle is the (4 person) crew shuttle spaceplane at 54 parts. Most of the rest are in the 30-part range but, eg; 30-parts launcher, 30-parts transfer vehicle, 30-parts payload).

So your 'small' spaceplane (360 parts) is almost 7 times the size of my 'big' ^^. How does your budget work!?

On the question of the thread though; I start to lag around 10 parts, because my machine has never met KSP minimum specifications anyway and I run quite a few mods.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.