To all the "Guests"

metl

To all of the guests viewing these forums, I would like to take the time to encourage you to sign up and join in the discussions. While we do have our occasional disagreements and heated threads, you will be hard-pressed to find a better group of fellow gamers. At last check, we had over 1800 "guest" users. What are you waiting for? Join in!

If you need any help with a particular issue with craft design, gameplay, mods or tech support, these forums are by far the best place to check.

Take the time, register and jump into the discussions! Don't be afraid to ask questions, as most everyone here has been where you are and had to learn it at some point also. Good luck, and as Scott Manley says, "Fly safe!"

I've been around for nearly a year and a half, and I couldn't agree more that signing up was one of my best life decisions (no joke!). I've made awesome friends, participated in incredible debates, and overall had so much fun playing KSP and hearing about others' journeys as well. Come on in, we're open! :D

I would love for more people to sign on to the forum. Please ask questions about the game, or if you have already bought it, ask for help.

(Disclaimer)

Despite my posts on the is KSP ready for 1.0 thread, I would most definitely recommend this to a friend.

I have a feeling a large number of the guests are a combination of search engine spiders, and people stumbling into threads via google, and so on.

I also sometimes use a second web browser to peek at forums without being logged in as myself, so that I can catch up on a thread or two without it throwing off what's marked as new, so I'll count as one from time to time too. I don't know how many other people bother to do that though. :)

Been around forever but only recently took back to actually be active, contribute and discuss on the KSP forums.

For the most part, lurking is enough unless you have a problem no one else has had (which is really rare).

If you want to participate in challenges and other things then sure, this forum is a great place to be.

What's even more impressive was the biggest number of members active at one time, back in December, no doubt to buy a ticket for the .90 hype train.

That record got beaten on Saturday past, apparently the 1.0 announcement generated some traffic.

I think most of those guest visitors are here to get mods, at any given time the Add-On Release forum has the most viewers.

Do you really think that many members would be on untrusted computers? When I posted this, there were around 270 members and a little over 1800 guests. That's a lot of registers members visiting as guests. While it is possible, i would rather be optimistic and encourage any non-registers visitors to jump on board :)

While we do have our occasional disagreements and heated threads, you will be hard-pressed to find a better group of fellow gamers.

Sign up! I lurked for my first 40 or so hours in KSP. I am an active participant on close to 10 forums, and this one, by far, has been the friendliest group of people to me as a "new member". Particularly, taking the time to answer "noob" questions that have been asked hundreds of times without posting a smart-ass link or replying "READ THE STICKIES" convinced me. Class act group of people here and I'm looking forward to learning more and contributing more. Join up!

I've been lurking for quite sometime. I think I started playing KSP a couple months prior .24 releasing. I just recently decided to come of the shadows. I have always enjoyed the forums and how helpful the community is even from the sidelines. I have been playing video games for quite some time and Taken part in many communities. KSP's however is by far the best out there. Great game and great community.

I've been here since .21 - frankly the best benefit I received was during the first 3 or 4 months. After that it was rather boring unless an update was expected.

After getting familiar with the game, I find it enjoyable to contribute to helping others where it make sense ((which is really nice) and to also propose positive suggestions for game improvements (not like any of them will be implemented).

Sadly, I don't see this forum having much further input to the games ultimate design but rather a mechanism for on boarding new players and to share play styles and designs between veterans.

Regardless, I enjoy participating. ;-)

Until i added this forum to my whitelist (was to lazy for months) my browser deleted the logindata when i closed it, so i only logged in when i wanted to post something...

While new people here are allways welcome im somehow worried what will happen when all the guests would post as much as members do. For me its allready hard to keep up with everything.

Joining the forum and looking at what other people were building really increased my creativity for craft building. Being able to discuss techniques and post my own really took things to the next level. I highly recommend any guests reading this create an account. It's a good community.

Thing is... I often browse the forums without signing in until I want to post something. Most of the time checking/downloading add-on releases.

Oh, and OP you say "heated debates" lol. Heated debates on this forum is casual discussion on another. It's ridiculous anywhere else you go. KSP by far has the best community I've ever seen in a video game. So Squads going 1.0 next release. Game could flop. But the one thing I know it will be praised for if nothing else is this community right here.

Edited by Motokid600

Thing is... I often browse the forums without signing in until I want to post something. Most of the time checking/downloading add-on releases.

Oh, and OP you say "heated debates" lol. Heated debates on this forum is casual discussion on another. It's ridiculous anywhere else you go. KSP by far has the best community I've ever seen in a video game. So Squads going 1.0 next release. Game could flop. But the one thing I know it will be praised for if nothing else is this community right here.

What he said... (just signed in to post this) :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.