Jump to content

[1.4.x] TweakScale v2.3.12(Apr-16)


Recommended Posts

There is an interaction issue with TweakScale and Procedural Parts.

If you put a Tweakscaled engine (I've only tested with downsizing) below a Procedural Liquid Tank that has its shape set to Cone, save the vessel, then reload the vessel, the engine recesses into the tank, sometimes disappearing within it completely.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry if this has been answered earlier, but it is a long thread and the search tool isn't always giving me the answers I want.

Can TweakScale transform the shape of an object?

I have an adapter from 1.25m - 1.875m. I want to scale it up to real size where the bottom node becomes 3m. That gives me an adapter from 2m-3m. Is it possible to tweak it to become 1.875m-3m instead?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Johnny2000 said:

I'm sorry if this has been answered earlier, but it is a long thread and the search tool isn't always giving me the answers I want.

Can TweakScale transform the shape of an object?

No.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, damerell said:

No.

Simple answer is always the best :wink:

I was hoping this would be possible, because that would make it easier to replicate the real world counterpart. Ah well, guess I'll have to live with that :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, another question:

Is it possible to make a config file to bundle with a mod that will make a part a certain size?

I assume this only set the default scale when you right click:


@PART[DeuxMillesPart]:NEEDS[TweakScale] //DeuxMillesPart
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        defaultScale = 1.875
    }
}

But if I want the part to automatically become, let's say 3.15 instead. Is that possible. As in; Install this if you want real sizes, and then the part will be 3.15 instead of 1.875 on game boot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3.12.2016 at 11:08 PM, Benji13 said:

Which scaletype do I use to scale a flat part (like it says in the OP)? I want the mass to be squared. Thanks.

stack_square or free_square. They are same as the standard stack and free types, just with a mass exponent of 2 embedded.

On 3.12.2016 at 4:03 AM, Johnny2000 said:

Ok, another question:

Is it possible to make a config file to bundle with a mod that will make a part a certain size?

I assume this only set the default scale when you right click:

But if I want the part to automatically become, let's say 3.15 instead. Is that possible. As in; Install this if you want real sizes, and then the part will be 3.15 instead of 1.875 on game boot.

There was an idea how to set the starting scale of a part, but still need to investigate that. Currently there is no simple way.

In any case, defaultScale is not what you are looking for. Its meaning is more like "how should the size of the unscaled part be named in the UI?"

On 30.11.2016 at 5:33 AM, Spheniscine said:

There is an interaction issue with TweakScale and Procedural Parts.

If you put a Tweakscaled engine (I've only tested with downsizing) below a Procedural Liquid Tank that has its shape set to Cone, save the vessel, then reload the vessel, the engine recesses into the tank, sometimes disappearing within it completely.

Known issue, already documented in both mod's github pages and won't be solved until someone at the PP side finds time to dig into it (I found the line that does the displacement but don't know enough about PP to fix that behavior).

Edited by pellinor
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pellinor said:

In any case, defaultScale is not what you are looking for. Its meaning is more like "how should the size of the unscaled part be named in the UI?"

Yes, I figured that out, however, I realized that I could set my own values in DefaultScale, so that made things a lot easier. So, I have added some bizarre values like 158% and 1.975 and so on.

But I also realized that things are not so straight forward as I thought. Many mods has close to real life masses, but maybe just 65% of the size. So when you scale up the mass becomes ridiculous. Now SMURFF compensates for this to some degree, but often to much. So now I just calculate the difference and change the part.cfg file.

It is probably possible to make all this changes using ModManager but I am not at that level yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2016-12-02 at 9:16 PM, Johnny2000 said:

Simple answer is always the best :wink:

I was hoping this would be possible, because that would make it easier to replicate the real world counterpart. Ah well, guess I'll have to live with that :)

Procedural Parts lets you make cone shaped, etc parts - fuel tanks, batteries, basically anything that holds a Resource.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, zgrillo2004 said:

Got a compatibility popup with this addon. Im assuming that it needs to be compiled to 1.2.2

Just because AVC or Mini-AVC pops up saying it's incompatible,  doesn't mean it is.  In this case,  it works just fine. The only update needed is with the version file. Or you can just delete the version file and the pop up goes away, but the mod works and is compatible. 

Edited by Galileo
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Galileo said:

Just because AVC or Mini-AVC pops up saying it's incompatible,  doesn't mean it is.  In this case,  it works just fine. The only update needed is with the version file. Or you can just delete the version file and the pop up goes away, but the mod works and is compatible. 

the popup is not from AVC. its from the game itself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, zgrillo2004 said:

the popup is not from AVC. its from the game itself.

True. But that still doesn't mean it's incompatible.
Just ignore the notification. TweakScale works just fine.

Edited by Tex_NL
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, zgrillo2004 said:

the popup is not from AVC. its from the game itself.

Ok,  Have you tried to run the mod? If it works,  there is nothing to worry about 

Edited by Galileo
Link to post
Share on other sites

Release TweakScale-v2.3.3:
* recompile for KSP 1.2.2
* fix cost bug with fsfuelswitch
  (ignore resource cost because FSfuelSwitch takes it into account)
* added a bit of documentation

Known issues: there is are still cost issues in the interactions with fuelswitch mods (other than FSFuelSwitch).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wyatt said:

Is there a way to edit the config files to allow 40 or 60 meter rockets? I mean, I've made enough rockets to where I'm hard to impress XD

Thanks anyone

If you fly something like that would you go to orbit or would Kerbin go into orbit about you? :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wyatt said:

Is there a way to edit the config files to allow 40 or 60 meter rockets? I mean, I've made enough rockets to where I'm hard to impress XD

Thanks anyone

Look into defaultScales.cfg, and add extra values to scaleFactors

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to scale an entire ship at once? I have a ship I built at a small scale to resize once it's complete, but I don't really want to have to scale 200 precisely placed parts individually to turn a 12 m ship into a 1600 m ship.

Edit: I think I found it, now to figure out how to use it...

Edit 2: The option found in "Examples" does not have enough instruction. Proceeding with the slow method.

Edit 3: I've finally finished scaling every individual part! It would have been nice to be able to scale the whole ship, though. Will post soon-ish in the Spacecraft Exchange.

Edited by cubinator
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29.12.2016 at 7:09 PM, cubinator said:

Is there a way to scale an entire ship at once? I have a ship I built at a small scale to resize once it's complete, but I don't really want to have to scale 200 precisely placed parts individually to turn a 12 m ship into a 1600 m ship.

Edit: I think I found it, now to figure out how to use it...

Edit 2: The option found in "Examples" does not have enough instruction. Proceeding with the slow method.

Edit 3: I've finally finished scaling every individual part! It would have been nice to be able to scale the whole ship, though. Will post soon-ish in the Spacecraft Exchange.

Not sure what examples you are referring to. You are looking for chain-scaling (LeftCtrl-K), this means if you rescale a part it will (try to) propagate that change to its children. This works recursively on whole subassemblies provided all parts in between are able to follow the rescale (I never use this so I do not have much experience with it).

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...