Contract Pack: Advanced Progression - REPLACED

tjsnh

10 hours ago, tjsnh said:

Yeah sad that kerbalstuff has gone away. I'll be updating my various mods with new hosting this weekend.

I ran out of "likes" already for today... :(

Thanx for the update on that, keeps me from begging, like I've been doing all day... :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a note to the several tens of thousands of people who've downloaded this contract pack :

With KSP 1.1 , this pack will be undergoing fundamental structural changes and downsizing. I've gotten wind that the stock contract progression in 1.1 is going to draw even more heavily from the ideas in this pack than 1.02 did when Squad first expanded the stock progression contracts. As a result, this pack is being re-designed to avoid duplicate contracts and overlapping objectives. I've already started this work, and have expanded the types of contracts included (still in testing) to include unmanned missile tests, more Sun/Kerbol related contracts, rovers, and a few other things. I'm also changing the prerequisites for the contracts so that they are objective/progression based instead of simply relying on earlier contracts having been completed. For example, they will require 500 science has been earned, or the player has escaped Kerbin's SOI, before being offered.

This is being done in conjunction with my Soviet and NASA career mode overhaul mods (in my sig), but there will be a stand-alone release without the Sov/US "themes".

When released post 1.1 , the pack will be re-named to "Additional Progression Contracts" and I'll be starting a new forum thread (and linking to it here).

13 hours ago, Markush100 said:

@tjsnh

Is this supposed to be a bug or not:

For example, i finished a contract to send 2 kerbals in orbit. now, i get that same contract . i really like this mod pack but its really annoying.

Sounds like a bug, normally you should only get 1 at a time.
I'll double check that all contracts are flagged correctly for that for the next release (which I'm testing out now with the 1.1 prerelease)

57 minutes ago, tjsnh said:

Sounds like a bug, normally you should only get 1 at a time.
I'll double check that all contracts are flagged correctly for that for the next release (which I'm testing out now with the 1.1 prerelease)

I think it may not be a bug. In the text docs i noticed that, for example the first mun landing has a line that says "maxcompletions=1"  while, lets say get 2 kerbals into orbit doesnt have that line. I would recommend changing the ingame title to something like "Routine two-kerbal orbit".

presume that this is to encourage multiple missions of the same type.

Edited by Markush100

9 hours ago, Markush100 said:

I think it may not be a bug. In the text docs i noticed that, for example the first mun landing has a line that says "maxcompletions=1"  while, lets say get 2 kerbals into orbit doesnt have that line. I would recommend changing the ingame title to something like "Routine two-kerbal orbit".

presume that this is to encourage multiple missions of the same type.

Some of the contracts may be completed multiple times, and that is intentional - it's to give some reward/motivation for "routine" spaceflights so they aren't a pure drain on funds.
However you shouldn't be able to get the same contract more than once at the same time.

13 hours ago, tjsnh said:

Some of the contracts may be completed multiple times, and that is intentional - it's to give some reward/motivation for "routine" spaceflights so they aren't a pure drain on funds.
However you shouldn't be able to get the same contract more than once at the same time.

no, i didnt get them at the same time. I now understand that they are supposed to be routine. a great addition.

sorry for the misunderstanding.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎2016‎-‎04‎-‎24 at 6:33 PM, sp1989 said:

Are there plans to update this to 1.1?

You mean other than the mod author posting a few entries above yours where they specifically say that they're redesigning the contract pack to accommodate changes in stock contracts for v1.1?

I think you'll have to wait for 1.2 (at least) for Squad to improve the stock contracts. 1.1 seems to be just as boring contract-wise as 1.0.5. Can you please provide a working download link in the mean time? I really don't want to grind part testing contracts at 4k each to get the 320k I need to get the next interesting stock contract. :-(

EDIT: This looks like it: http://ckan1.spacedock.info/storage/Tjsnh_8014/Advanced_Progression_Contracts/Advanced_Progression_Contracts-4.5.1.zip

Edited by AdamMil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh, and if you need someone to scrounge through config files to fix some minor bugs, I may be able to help.  I'm still learning though, and I'm sort of stressed from a family emergency right now so I can't reliably work on anything.  (Probably going to be at least a few more months.)

Update: the family emergency is about as resolved as it will be for now.  (My Father in Law has late stage liver disease).  I can certainly help with config file editing if you get a list of changes needed up on GitHub I can get started.  However, I can't guarantee that there won't be any interruptions in my work.

Edited by Ruedii
Update.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As an FYI - the new version is complete.
It depends on the new version of contract configurator which is coming out later this week, so I'll be posting a link to the download as soon as the updated CC is posted.

What to expect:

• Number of contracts significantly reduced to remove duplicates that were merged into the Squad/Stock "world firsts" progression system.
  • Contracts reworked, many bugs resolved, "new ways of scripting it better" used.
  • Project renamed - will be starting a new forum thread, and posting the link to it here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.