Contract Pack: Advanced Progression - REPLACED

tjsnh

I'll have to fly that one again: "OK, folks! Back to the time tunnel!"

http://www.iann.net/timetunnel/showcase/images/timetunnel_moonlanding.jpg

--- EDIT ---

Ok, here they are (from the second launch, with a tourist kerbal):

http://i.imgur.com/zZJFtmk.png

http://i.imgur.com/KDmDBDc.png

No no, I mean I need to see the contracts window while in orbit - not the one in mission control. It's hard to tell but something looks sketchy in that contract display - but not sure if it's from being in mission control vs. in flight. Maybe send a save too and I'll look at that.

No no, I mean I need to see the contracts window while in orbit - not the one in mission control. It's hard to tell but something looks sketchy in that contract display - but not sure if it's from being in mission control vs. in flight. Maybe send a save too and I'll look at that.

Oh, sorry! Here you go:

E9SNYx9.png

Oh, sorry! Here you go:

http://i.imgur.com/E9SNYx9.png

Right, so I'm assuming the issue is when you land this vessel the Return home doesn't get checked? From the window it doesn't look like the vessel is getting assigned correctly, but I'd need to see a save file to confirm that it's not a display issue.... and a log file from when the vessel is going into orbit and meeting the first parameter would probably help too.

Right, so I'm assuming the issue is when you land this vessel the Return home doesn't get checked? From the window it doesn't look like the vessel is getting assigned correctly, but I'd need to see a save file to confirm that it's not a display issue.... and a log file from when the vessel is going into orbit and meeting the first parameter would probably help too.

Oh, I forgot to send the savefile?! Pardon!

Here it is!

The logfile is a bit harder, I'll have to find a savefile from before the mission and fly it again... (Oh, my! Where did I leave that time tunnel?)

Wait a "second", please...

--- EDIT ---

Here: KSP.log (17MB, zipped to 660KB), sorry for the delay! ;)

Edited by jlcarneiro
Attaching file

Here's your problem!

[WRN 12:18:39.105] ContractConfigurator.Parameters.VesselParameterGroup: Unable to get vessel display name for 'Duration Orbiter' - ContractVesselTracker is null.  This is likely caused by another ScenarioModule crashing, preventing others from loading.

Hard to say what the exact problem is, but here's a couple guesses:

[EXC 12:19:08.053] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'ToadicusTools.Tools.GetSceneRootPart'.

Don't know much about Toadicus, but it's failing pretty hard - that type of error is due to another mod (can't tell which from the error) failing on trying to reference Toadicus. Try updating Toadicus, see if the errors go away, and see if it fixes the Contract Configurator issue.

EDIT: Actually, update anything that you have from this page... that should make the Toadicus errors go away.

[EXC 12:25:22.448] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
DF.DeepFreezeGUI.Update ()

Looks like that's a component in the DeepFreeze scenario module - that could be the one that's bringing everything down. Try removing DeepFreeze to see if that's the cause.

Here's your problem!

[WRN 12:18:39.105] ContractConfigurator.Parameters.VesselParameterGroup: Unable to get vessel display name for 'Duration Orbiter' - ContractVesselTracker is null.  This is likely caused by another ScenarioModule crashing, preventing others from loading.

Hard to say what the exact problem is, but here's a couple guesses:

[EXC 12:19:08.053] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'ToadicusTools.Tools.GetSceneRootPart'.

Don't know much about Toadicus, but it's failing pretty hard - that type of error is due to another mod (can't tell which from the error) failing on trying to reference Toadicus. Try updating Toadicus, see if the errors go away, and see if it fixes the Contract Configurator issue.

EDIT: Actually, update anything that you have from this page... that should make the Toadicus errors go away.

[EXC 12:25:22.448] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
DF.DeepFreezeGUI.Update ()

Looks like that's a component in the DeepFreeze scenario module - that could be the one that's bringing everything down. Try removing DeepFreeze to see if that's the cause.

Thanks! After upgrading some mods, I think I'm ready to try again.

Unfortunately, I can't have a save BEFORE orbit right now, so I think I'll have to tell the result of the test later...

I'm having an issue getting the "First Probe to another Planet" contract to complete and am wondering if I'm just doing something wrong here:

I have an unmanned probe on a Kerbin escape trajectory, targeting Duna, with a course that will take it well inside the orbit of Ike. There are no moons in the way, it's a clean encounter. However the "Destination: Duna" portion of the contract remains unchecked.

Debug screenshot here: http://imgur.com/DNlaZNg

Now, the trajectory is flickering between this encounter and a close-approach-non-encounter since I'm still inside Kerbin's SOI. Does it have to settle for a given period before the destination becomes valid? I can settle it during time warp but that doesn't work. Obviously if I warp out of SOI I'll no longer be on an escape vector and that portion of the contract will fail.

I'm having an issue getting the "First Probe to another Planet" contract to complete and am wondering if I'm just doing something wrong here:

I have an unmanned probe on a Kerbin escape trajectory, targeting Duna, with a course that will take it well inside the orbit of Ike. There are no moons in the way, it's a clean encounter. However the "Destination: Duna" portion of the contract remains unchecked.

Now, the trajectory is flickering between this encounter and a close-approach-non-encounter since I'm still inside Kerbin's SOI. Does it have to settle for a given period before the destination becomes valid? I can settle it during time warp but that doesn't work. Obviously if I warp out of SOI I'll no longer be on an escape vector and that portion of the contract will fail.

I think you're misunderstanding the contract - your probe needs to be in Duna's SOI - fast forward to when you hit Duna and that portion of the contract will check off.

Nightingale is correct - you only get credit once the probe reaches the destination (in this case, duna)

• 1 month later...
Hello !

I had a few problems with the contract "Orbit Kerbin for two days".

Here is the link to the topic : http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/132639-Can-t-cmplete-Orbit-Kerbin-for-two-days-contract

Thanks 4 all :)

@tjsnh: Have a look at this issue where I discussed a similar contract with NathanKell and made some changes to Contract Configurator in 1.7.0 to make it work *much* more cleanly (without the use of the vessel define).

@tjsnh: Have a look at this issue where I discussed a similar contract with NathanKell and made some changes to Contract Configurator in 1.7.0 to make it work *much* more cleanly (without the use of the vessel define).

So are you thinking like this? Because this is how my contracts are looking.

CONTRACT_TYPE
{
name = OrbitalDuration1
group = AdvancedProgression
title = Orbit Kerbin for two days
description = We need to demonstrate, before we go any further, that we can keep a crew alife in space for more than a few hours. Launch a Kerbal into orbit and keep him up there for at least two days. Make sure the pilot is loyal enough to hold his breath if the air supply runs out!
notes = Complete the following:
synopsis = Put a Kerbal into orbit and return him alive after two days in space.
completedMessage = This is great, the data will help planning for future missions.
agent = Kerbin World-Firsts Record-Keeping Society
cancellable = true
declinable = true
prestige = Trivial
targetBody = Kerbin
maxCompletions = 1
maxSimultaneous = 1
rewardScience = 25.0
rewardReputation = 20.0
rewardFunds = 40000.0
advanceFunds = 5000.0

REQUIREMENT
{
name = CompleteContract28001
type = CompleteContract
contractType = FirstOrbitalKerbal
}

PARAMETER
{
name = VesselParameterGroup28001
type = VesselParameterGroup

PARAMETER
{
name = HasCrew28001
type = HasCrew
minCrew = 1
}

PARAMETER
{
name = ReachState28001
type = ReachState
targetBody = Kerbin
situation = ORBITING
minAltitude = @/targetBody.AtmosphereAltitude()
disableOnStateChange = true
}

PARAMETER
{
name = Duration
type = Duration
duration = 2d

preWaitText = Orbit for 2 days
waitingText = One more day should do.
completionText = Excellent, this will be very helpful.
}
}

PARAMETER
{
name = VesselParameterGroup28003

PARAMETER
{
name = ReturnHome28001
type = ReturnHome
completeInSequence = true
}
}
}

~dangerous ninja edit!

Are you saying we can do this now?

CONTRACT_TYPE
{
name = OrbitalDuration1
group = AdvancedProgression
title = Orbit Kerbin for two days
description = We need to demonstrate, before we go any further, that we can keep a crew alife in space for more than a few hours. Launch a Kerbal into orbit and keep him up there for at least two days. Make sure the pilot is loyal enough to hold his breath if the air supply runs out!
notes = Complete the following:
synopsis = Put a Kerbal into orbit and return him alive after two days in space.
completedMessage = This is great, the data will help planning for future missions.
agent = Kerbin World-Firsts Record-Keeping Society
cancellable = true
declinable = true
prestige = Trivial
targetBody = Kerbin
maxCompletions = 1
maxSimultaneous = 1
rewardScience = 25.0
rewardReputation = 20.0
rewardFunds = 40000.0
advanceFunds = 5000.0

REQUIREMENT
{
name = CompleteContract28001
type = CompleteContract
}

PARAMETER
{
name = VesselParameterGroup28001

PARAMETER
{
name = HasCrew28001
type = HasCrew
minCrew = 1
}

PARAMETER
{
name = ReachState28001
type = ReachState
targetBody = Kerbin
situation = ORBITING
minAltitude = @/targetBody.AtmosphereAltitude()
disableOnStateChange = true
}

PARAMETER
{
name = Duration
type = Duration
duration = 2d

preWaitText = Orbit for 2 days
waitingText = One more day should do.
completionText = Excellent, this will be very helpful.
}

PARAMETER
{
name = ReturnHome28001
type = ReturnHome
completeInSequence = true
}
}
}

Edited by Nori

So are you thinking like this? Because this is how my contracts are looking.

<snip>

~dangerous ninja edit!

Are you saying we can do this now?

<snip>

Heh, I like that I've scared everyone away from doing edits now. :P

Yes for the second one. The first would still require the use of the define and vessel attributes on the two VPGs.

Heh, I like that I've scared everyone away from doing edits now. :P

Yep! :) I always check your profile to make sure you aren't on the thread I'm about to edit first and then I do it really fast like.

Yes for the second one. The first would still require the use of the define and vessel attributes on the two VPGs.

Hmm, ok. Well then I might just change some stuff around a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I just encountered the problem where the 'orbit kerbin for 2 days' contract would not complete. I am keeping everything up-to-date with CKAN. It looked like it wasn't recognizing my vessel.

EDIT: I dropped the contract, and accepted it fresh, and re-ran it with the same craft and it worked fine.

Edited by drhay53

I know there was a discussion on this, but to confirm, will this work in RSS?

Most of the contracts should work in RSS, however the names of the planets/moons are hard-coded so unless RSS keeps the names ("Minmus" , "Jool" , etc) those particular contracts wont function.

Most of the contracts should work in RSS, however the names of the planets/moons are hard-coded so unless RSS keeps the names ("Minmus" , "Jool" , etc) those particular contracts wont function.

RSS does change the names - so you'd need special logic in the contract pack to handle RSS.

• 1 month later...
Hi everyone.
I have some troubles with Game v_1.0.4 + ContractConfigurator v_1.7.8 + AdvancedProgression v_4.5.
With CONTRACT_TYPE: 1) firstEVA 2) MunOrbitAndEVA. (Both "...type = CollectScience...experiment = evaReport...").

I've tried to change Progression.cfg, find answer in ContractConfigurator v_1.7.8 source and wiki - no result. Still ERROR message:

[QUOTE]ContractConfigurator.CollectScienceFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'firstEVA', PARAMETER 'CollectScience30001' of type 'CollectScience': Error parsing experiment
ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.[/QUOTE]

The only thing I've found - "recoveryMethod = None" now must be replaced to "recoveryMethod = Recover" because "None" is deprecated (possible - I use C++ not C#...).

KSP 1.0.5 - can't be solution (there are several bug-fixes there and that is all...). ContractConfigurator supposed to be v_1.8.1, 1.7.8 allows a lot of contract mods to work with KSP 1.0.4. Lower versions of ContractConfigurator - not an option too...

[U][B]Can anyone help and explain the cause of this error and exception? And how I can make AdvancedProgression fully functional again?[/B][/U]

[CODE][LOG 00:19:08.102] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Loading CONTRACT_GROUP: 'SpaceTuxGroup'[ERR 00:19:08.219] ContractConfigurator.CollectScienceFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'firstEVA', PARAMETER 'CollectScience30001' of type 'CollectScience': Error parsing experiment

[EXC 00:19:08.221] ArgumentException: An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,ScienceExperiment].Add (System.String key, .ScienceExperiment value)
ResearchAndDevelopment.loadExperiments ()
ResearchAndDevelopment.GetExperiment (System.String experimentID)
ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExperimentParser.ParseIdentifier (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Token token)
ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ParseVarOrIdentifier (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Token token)
ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[ScienceExperiment].ParseSimpleStatement[ScienceExperiment] ()
Rethrow as Exception: Error parsing statement.
Error occurred near '*':
evaReport
.........* <-- HERE
ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ParseExpression (System.String key, System.String expression, ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.DataNode dataNode)
ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[ScienceExperiment] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, Boolean allowExpression)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters)
ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue
[List`1] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil:LogException(Exception)
ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, List`1, Func`2)
ContractConfigurator.CollectScienceFactory:Load(ConfigNode)
ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory:GenerateParameterFactory(ConfigNode, ContractType, ParameterFactory&, ParameterFactory)
ContractConfigurator.ContractType:Load(ConfigNode)
ContractConfigurator.<LoadContractConfig>d__1e:MoveNext()
ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator:Update()
[ERR 00:19:08.290] ContractConfigurator.CompleteContractRequirement: contractType 'HighEVA' must either be a Contract sub-class or ContractConfigurator contract type

[LOG 00:19:09.841] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Loaded 201 out of 203 CONTRACT_TYPE nodes.
[LOG 00:19:09.844] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator: Contract Configurator 1.7.8 finished loading.[/CODE]

Progression.cfg looks like:
[CODE]CONTRACT_TYPE
{
name = FirstEVA
REQUIREMENT
{
name = CompleteContract30001
type = CompleteContract
}
PARAMETER
{
name = CollectScience30001
type = CollectScience
targetBody = Kerbin
situation = InSpaceLow
location = Space
experiment = evaReport
recoveryMethod = None

// name = CollectScience30001
// type = CollectScience
// //targetBody = Kerbin
// situation = InSpaceHigh
// //location = Space
// experiment = evaReport
// recoveryMethod = Recover

}
}
[/CODE]

These are stock KSP calls that are failing:

[code]
[/code]

What's happening is that it's trying to load the full list of science experiments and failing because there's a duplicate. This means that somewhere, there's two config files that are defining the same experiment. This could be a mod experiment, or a stock one. It could be due to a mod install issue (duplicated files), a bad Module Manager config (causing duplicated config nodes) or some other similar type of issue.

I'd recommend fully reinstalling (ie. delete and reinstall) any mods that add science experiments. If that doesn't work, try removing mods until the error goes away.

[quote name='nightingale']These are stock KSP calls that are failing:

[code]
[/code]

What's happening is that it's trying to load the full list of science experiments and failing because there's a duplicate.
[U][B]bad Module Manager config[/B][/U] (causing duplicated config nodes) or some other similar type of issue.
...[/QUOTE]
Nightingale, thank you for fast reply. I'll check all mentioned and proseed with your step-by-step instruction.
Just one question: "bad Module Manager config" - whow it looks like?

Also, am I correct about "recoveryMethod = None"? (Meaning that none is deprecated.) In what file I can find possible recoveryMethod values (Yesterday I had to make text parser small "reverse engineering" :) )

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Ok. :(((
I've decided to make some changes before full reinstal.
- Full text search in GameData for "[COLOR=#3E3E3E]CollectScience" "experiment" "evaReport". => No result.
- Uninstall all ContractPacks and manually remove their folders.
- Updated ModuleManager to the latest version ([/COLOR]2.6.13[COLOR=#3E3E3E]).
- Changed [/COLOR]CONTRACT_TYPE{} node to make eva report high in space (situation = InSpaceHigh).[COLOR=#3E3E3E]

Same issue...
So, how I can modify [/COLOR]CONTRACT_TYPE PARAMETER so, that contract will have different dictionary key?

In the meantime[COLOR=#3E3E3E], I'll reinstall entire game and mods one by one.

[/COLOR]

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.