Contract Pack: Advanced Progression - REPLACED

tjsnh

Aha!
Possible, it was CrowdSourcedScience (in old format with custum science report definitions). Or updating and reinstalling sorted *.cfg and removed old files. (That's because CrowdSourcedScience now just the same.)
Anyway there is no error in KSP log now.

[quote name='Volchik']Aha!
Possible, it was CrowdSourcedScience (in old format with custum science report definitions). Or updating and reinstalling sorted *.cfg and removed old files. (That's because CrowdSourcedScience now just the same.)
Anyway there is no error in KSP log now.[/QUOTE]

Ah yup, that makes sense, and probably falls into the "bad module manager config" section. :)

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Volchik']Also, am I correct about "recoveryMethod = None"? (Meaning that none is deprecated.) In what file I can find possible recoveryMethod values (Yesterday I had to make text parser small "reverse engineering" :) )[/QUOTE]

Doubled checked this and the None value should still be supported. None just means "I don't care about whether the science is recovered".

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, smjjames said:

So, does this work in 1.0.5 for sure?

Yes, everything still works fine in 1.0.5

One or two of the contracts end up duplicating stock contracts due to the new dynamic progression method squad uses, but nothing gets in the way or fails to function correctly.

33 minutes ago, Mister Spock said:

Is this contract pack compatible with New Horizons?  How about Severed Solo's Bases & Stations contract pack?

It should be compatible with all other contract packs, but may not work well with mods that add extra planets or moons.

2 hours ago, smjjames said:

Hey @tjsnh I wonder if the problem I'm reporting here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/91625-105-contract-configurator-v191-2015-12-15/&page=85#comment-2334137 is connected to this contract pack.....

Never seen anything like that - I'm not an expert at KSP debugging, but looks vaguely like a low-level graphics bug with the Unity engine that is causing the root problem.

A small suggestion for next release is to ditch the "agent =" specifier for the contracts in the Routine.cfg file, because to me it makes little sense that a world-firsts society would ask me to send a number of kerbals on a routine mission to orbit or to plant a flag on some celestial body I've already been to. No, it doesn't break the game, only my precious immersion. :P

On 1/1/2016 at 10:24 AM, Gazpachian said:

A small suggestion for next release is to ditch the "agent =" specifier for the contracts in the Routine.cfg file, because to me it makes little sense that a world-firsts society would ask me to send a number of kerbals on a routine mission to orbit or to plant a flag on some celestial body I've already been to. No, it doesn't break the game, only my precious immersion. :P

The idea was that NASA sent Apollo 12 through 17, even after 11 had landed etc - still more to see and do.

Could you set up the ones for orbital scanning to disable if SCANsat is installed? Because it's pretty redundant with the SCANsat contracts.

I haven't used the scansat contracts, so I don't know what they do - but now knowing that there is overlap I can certainly look into it. Thanks for the heads up. :)

Edited by tjsnh

54 minutes ago, tjsnh said:

The idea was that NASA sent Apollo 12 through 17, even after 11 had landed etc - still more to see and do.

I haven't used the scansat contracts, so I don't know what they do - but now knowing that there is overlap I can certainly look into it. Thanks for the heads up. :)

SCANsat has it's own contract for the clamshell scanner as well as it's own resource survey contracts. Plus the fact that you can disable the stock scanning if you wanted to.

51 minutes ago, smjjames said:

SCANsat has it's own contract for the clamshell scanner as well as it's own resource survey contracts. Plus the fact that you can disable the stock scanning if you wanted to.

I havent looked at the scansat contracts yet, so forgive my ignorance - do they use the default squad parts? I was under the impression that the scansat contracts required an add-on parts pack mod?

1 hour ago, tjsnh said:

I havent looked at the scansat contracts yet, so forgive my ignorance - do they use the default squad parts? I was under the impression that the scansat contracts required an add-on parts pack mod?

There is one that uses the clamshell scanner. Also, SCANsat has contracts that come with the mod, you're probably thinking of an old contract pack that added contracts for SCANsat.

I just find it redundant in that theres already SCANsat contracts to scan for resources and I disable the stock scanning system (an option in the mod) in my game.

Just a quick thing, not quite sure how the mechanics work: 
"Orbit Kerbin for a whole week" uses the first manned ship launched after accepting the mission. Problem is said ship is now the core of a station around Minmus and can't come back home at all without some serious in-orbit modifications... 

(i'm alt-F12-completing it now, i'll be more careful next time i guess, but yeah there's a ship landing right now that fills all the criteria yet no completion...)

11 minutes ago, Mokmo said:

Just a quick thing, not quite sure how the mechanics work: 
"Orbit Kerbin for a whole week" uses the first manned ship launched after accepting the mission. Problem is said ship is now the core of a station around Minmus and can't come back home at all without some serious in-orbit modifications... 

(i'm alt-F12-completing it now, i'll be more careful next time i guess, but yeah there's a ship landing right now that fills all the criteria yet no completion...)

Is the entire origional ship the core or is just part of the origional ship the core? Like you had brought up a station piece?

I actually had the same kind of problem. I was using a station construction ship (which had some station parts I was bringing up) to do the 'send two kerbals into orbit' contract, but after returning, I saw that it didn't complete for some reason. So, I looked at it in Contract Window and found that the contract had somehow transferred itself to the station (probably via the station parts I had brought up). Had to alt+F12 complete it.

Is the entire origional ship the core or is just part of the origional ship the core? Like you had brought up a station piece?

I actually had the same kind of problem. I was using a station construction ship (which had some station parts I was bringing up) to do the 'send two kerbals into orbit' contract, but after returning, I saw that it didn't complete for some reason. So, I looked at it in Contract Window and found that the contract had somehow transferred itself to the station (probably via the station parts I had brought up). Had to alt+F12 complete it.

I guess tracking missions is somewhat complicated...

• 1 month later...

Hello, as is probably well known now there is no more kerbalstuff. Spacedock is up and running as a replacement with apparently a lot of the same functionality.

Are there plans to update things/upload to spacedock so this mod works with CKAN again?

21 hours ago, John FX said:

Hello, as is probably well known now there is no more kerbalstuff. Spacedock is up and running as a replacement with apparently a lot of the same functionality.

Are there plans to update things/upload to spacedock so this mod works with CKAN again?

I agree, i'd love to see this back up on CKAN

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.