Contract Pack: Advanced Progression - REPLACED

tjsnh

That's odd. I noticed the Plant a Flag parameter completed once I sent Jeb to put one out, but by the time I got docked, and returned the capsule to Kerbin the Plant the Flag was unchecked.

I do de-orbit my Mun landers before I leave Munar orbit, perhaps this is why?

That shouldnt matter. I did some more testing, and it's working correctly for me - what version of the CC library are you using?

Looking at your screenshot, I also wonder if another mod might be causing an issue. The only other mod I run just adds a few parts, so I'm not able to troubleshoot possible mod interactions very effectively, but do you see any log events in alt-F12 when the ships dock in orbit?

- - - Updated - - -

Once it binds to the specific vessel there is no way to complete this contract with another.

This is the intended behavior. It needs to work this way (most of the contracts work like that) for the "return to the ground" step to work correctly. The first ship to complete the steps of a contract must be the one that returns home, with some minor caveats (some of them are complete-able if you land a ship that has docked with the main ship, etc). If you fail the contract (crash, land without completing all the objectives, or cancel it from the space center then re-accept) you should be able to complete it with a fresh launch.

Edited by tjsnh

That shouldnt matter. I did some more testing, and it's working correctly for me - what version of the CC library are you using?

Looking at your screenshot, I also wonder if another mod might be causing an issue. The only other mod I run just adds a few parts, so I'm not able to troubleshoot possible mod interactions very effectively, but do you see any log events in alt-F12 when the ships dock in orbit?

Latest library via CKAN. I'll try the docking again and see what log I find.

Latest library via CKAN. I'll try the docking again and see what log I find.

Nothing related to Advanced Progression in the debug log once I dock.

EDIT: The contract still fails when I return. Not transferring the Plant the Flag parameter success is likely the issue.

EDIT2: I just completed a Kerbal Duo contract, so they're definitely not all broken. I think it's seriously the Apollo-style docking that does it.

Edited by jordanjay29

Nothing related to Advanced Progression in the debug log once I dock.

EDIT: The contract still fails when I return. Not transferring the Plant the Flag parameter success is likely the issue.

EDIT2: I just completed a Kerbal Duo contract, so they're definitely not all broken. I think it's seriously the Apollo-style docking that does it.

When you dock, does the "plant flag" objective stay green, or flip off instantly?

If it stays green, does it flip off when you ditch the lander?

You're using regular docking ports right, not anything from a mod?

Here, I took some screenshots (for the Minmus mission, but same difference) that shows what happens. Even the docked return capsule loses the Plant Flag status.

http://imgur.com/kPTDiUS,OgK5GVD,nzDber3

Sorry, I've been following this part of the thread but haven't had a chance to actually look into anything until now. It looks like with PlantFlag (or anything going from a Kerbal to a vessel and docking to a new vessel), the PlantFlag state gets lost when docking to the mothership. I've changed it a bit so that it should keep through one transfer more than before. Expect a fix in 1.2.1, which will likely be out today or tomorrow (just waiting for confirmation from severedsolo on a couple of key bug fixes).

Sorry, I've been following this part of the thread but haven't had a chance to actually look into anything until now. It looks like with PlantFlag (or anything going from a Kerbal to a vessel and docking to a new vessel), the PlantFlag state gets lost when docking to the mothership. I've changed it a bit so that it should keep through one transfer more than before. Expect a fix in 1.2.1, which will likely be out today or tomorrow (just waiting for confirmation from severedsolo on a couple of key bug fixes).

Awesome, thanks so much.

When you dock, does the "plant flag" objective stay green, or flip off instantly?

If it stays green, does it flip off when you ditch the lander?

You're using regular docking ports right, not anything from a mod?

It flips off instantly.

It also stays off when the lander is ditched.

Regular docking ports.

Beautiful!

tjsnh, did the Pilot requirement get dropped for lander missions yet? I noticed that only a Pilot could plant the flag for it to be recognized.

tjsnh, did the Pilot requirement get dropped for lander missions yet? I noticed that only a Pilot could plant the flag for it to be recognized.

In the next update, which will be coming this week.

Perfect! I just got anther "Plant the Flag" mission, so I'll be able to to test it out when it happens.

Ummm, I think that if you already accepted the contract, the current values and requirements are preserved. You will need to accept a new mission after the update to get the updated parameters.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having some problems with the Mun EVA contract. Whenever I decline contracts to refresh the contract list, I get the following exception:

Exception occured while attempt to generate contract of type 'MunOrbitAndEVA':

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ContractConfigurator.CollectScienceFactory.<Generate>b__b (.ScienceExperiment e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectIterator>c__Iterator10`2[scienceExperiment,System.String].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[system.String].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[system.String]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[string] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ContractConfigurator.CollectScienceFactory.Generate (Contracts.Contract contract) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory.Generate (ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract, IContractParameterHost contractParamHost) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory.GenerateParameters (ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract, IContractParameterHost contractParamHost, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 paramFactories) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ContractConfigurator.ContractType.GenerateParameters (ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract.Initialize (ContractConfigurator.ContractType contractType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I'm having some problems with the Mun EVA contract. Whenever I decline contracts to refresh the contract list, I get the following exception:

Exception occured while attempt to generate contract of type 'MunOrbitAndEVA':

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at ContractConfigurator.CollectScienceFactory.<Generate>b__b (.ScienceExperiment e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectIterator>c__Iterator10`2[scienceExperiment,System.String].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[system.String].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[system.String]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[string] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ContractConfigurator.CollectScienceFactory.Generate (Contracts.Contract contract) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory.Generate (ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract, IContractParameterHost contractParamHost) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory.GenerateParameters (ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract, IContractParameterHost contractParamHost, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 paramFactories) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ContractConfigurator.ContractType.GenerateParameters (ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract contract) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract.Initialize (ContractConfigurator.ContractType contractType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Can you provide a full log file? The only reason I can see that happening in the code is if there are some major problems in the stock experiments being missing.

Output log:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2g7T2mOZYAqWnRzZmRqbi1nSFU/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: I managed to track down the issue that caused the exception. the update to crowdsourced science isn't on CKAN, and CKAN didn't agree with the manual install, which caused a bunch of related errors. Still can't get the Mun EVA contract, but I have a better idea of the problem I'm looking for now

Edited by Veylyn

Seem to be having issues with these contracts disappearing. I had the keep a Kerbal in orbit for 2 days, the mission was active and had him in orbit. I switched to other craft to complete other missions then I needed to restart the game due to mem getting near limit. Now that I've reloaded the mission is now gone, not showing in available contracts either.

I had another disappear earlier as well but I don't remember which mission it was specifically. Keeping an eye on them now..

Edited by Torih

Having another issue unfortunately. The docking mission. I put an unmanned ship up (refueler for later) then sent Jeb up in another ship. This flagged the perform docking complete and it was just left to return. However when I undock the flag for perform docking stays on the unmanned ship and not the capsule with Jeb.

Having another issue unfortunately. The docking mission. I put an unmanned ship up (refueler for later) then sent Jeb up in another ship. This flagged the perform docking complete and it was just left to return. However when I undock the flag for perform docking stays on the unmanned ship and not the capsule with Jeb.

I haven't run into a problem like that for a few versions.

This might have to do with which ship you are controlling during the docking.

It was a command pod from Near Future, maybe that was the issue? Not had it again but will test with the standard ones if it comes back up.

Edit: In fact no, I completed it after by launching 2 of the near future command pods and they completed OK. Only difference between the 2 tests was the first was docking with an unmanned fueltank

Edited by Torih

The behavior I've seen, and I'm not sure this is a "bad thing", is that to get 'credit' for things like docking and so on you need to be controlling the vessel in question. So for "go up, dock, land" you need to be controlling the vessel that lands while you perform the docking. This is the intended contract behavior, and was an intentional design choice to make it slightly harder to cheat-out some of them (though a few are still pretty easy to cheat through).

• 2 weeks later...
I've got a patch coming soon that I suspect fixes that issue.
Good to hear, thanks :)

Same here! I kept a kerbal in orbit for two and a half days and the mission was not completed.

I've tried twice, first with a pilot and after with a tourist. In both cases I took screenshots of the mission status afterwards:

G9vmobd.png

o7EkDEb.png
Edited by jlcarneiro
spoiler tags

Same here! I kept a kerbal in orbit for two and a half days and the mission was not completed.

I've tried twice, first with a pilot and after with a tourist. In both cases I took screenshots of the mission status afterwards:

http://i.imgur.com/G9vmobd.png

http://i.imgur.com/o7EkDEb.png

Can you send a screenshot of what it looks like while in flight?

Can you send a screenshot of what it looks like while in flight?

I'll have to fly that one again: "OK, folks! Back to the time tunnel!"

timetunnel_moonlanding.jpg

--- EDIT ---

Ok, here they are (from the second launch, with a tourist kerbal):

zZJFtmk.png

KDmDBDc.png
Edited by jlcarneiro
Requested screenshots

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.