What is your favorite KSP update?

Columbia

Hello, forums!

With the work on the 1.0 update, I think it would be best to conclude the four years of ideas, sweat, hype and anticipation on KSP with a question: Of all the updates currently released (as of 0.90,) which one wss the one that added the features that you loved the most?

Of the updates, I think it would be 0.25. It added many little features, such as crew transfersfor the station-goer, pressing Z to throttle up for the guy who needs their engines powerful, and new explosions as well as destructible buildings for the morbid kaboom-watchers among you, and coupled it with game-changing features such as difficulty when you just need a bit of a twist, the beautifully overhauled Mk2 parts that made spaceplanes much more practical and gorgeous (nohomo)

and the Administration Building when you feel like yelling and raging at the companies for forcing you to test a Launch Clamp on Eve (not really). :sticktongue:

What about you guys?

My favorite one since i started playing is .18 that brought the game changing docking ports. Every update since then has been dissapointing for me.

Just that one single basic part just added so many possibilities like space stations, ground colonies and transfer of resources from one vessel to another one.

We really need a update with a part or a feature that does to the game what docking ports did with .18.

I know there is even one hidden feature since .21 or so that could add alot to the game which is being able to turn a part into a rotor or a free moving ball bearing.. This feature can only be enabled by hacking the config files and sadly causes crash with timewarp. Was supposed to be added ages ago, but nothing ever happened so i guess they dropped it. :(

I also have wished for ages that they would add things like transparent panels that can be used as windows, so I can be more creative and actually create my own capsules and so on from scratch instead of having to rely on same predesigned ones.

For me these days the creative parts of the game is really what makes me come back, but sadly I feel like i have done most i can with the current vanilla versions.

I am not very excited about 1.0 either and fear it is going to be game breaking for me. I for example love making rovers/cars where i build the interiors and use the seats and then drive them in first person using the chase cam for proper first person view. With the new update this is no longer possible since they are changing how the chase camera work. :(

Edited by boxman

Of all of the KSP updates, the one that resonated the most with me was 0.18. Mostly because that was effectively when Sandbox mode reached a state of completion gameplay-wise. It was pretty much the point at which KSP graduated from "very elaborate tech demo" to "pre-release of a game".

I'll say 0.23, even tho I don't really have a favorite.

I joined in 0.23, didn't have any mods or knew they even existed... so I had ample ram and no frequent crashes. Plus everything was fresh and new to explore. Took me forever to figure inter-planetary transfer, but each accomplishment was extremely satisfying.

0.24.2 added much stability and playing options... also fixed odd craft disassemblies while lifting-off, and also negated some weird wobble. Plus it had x64 that was as stable if not more stable than 0.90.

0.25 didn't leave an impression, and I kept adding mods, and finally discovered why ppl where complaining about wanting x64 so much. I also stopped playing here for a long time.

I booted up 0.90 for the first time yesterday... why the long wait ? Well... I was against Kerbal experience from the get go, and didn't like that probe piloting capabilities didn't scale with technology instead of with part. But playing a Science game where Jeb starts as a 5-star pilot made things really fun. Plus my x64 session didn't crash once since it's beginning. So gotta give credit where it is due, 0.90 is pretty sturdy and still very much fun. Was kinda bummed there was no Astronomer's pack or stuff like that for 0.90 tho... most places I check it only says : 0.24/0.25... And Firespitter is acting-up and buggy now, so no electric propellers anymore (see why I want them so much).

Looking forward to 1.0, controversy and all... But my next favorite update will have electric props and 64 bits support (if ever).

.21, It all went downhill after that.

Agree.

Not because of the new features added, but with a lot of mods breaking after .24 like interstellar and never returning.

Would be cool to do what Scott Manley could do if the versions allowed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.