The 'new forum' is a joke.

Robotengineer

I think it was more of a technological-satire of "modern" social media with angry undertones combined with anger at companies trying to modernize social media to make it compatible with smartphones.

Or something like that.

Satire. It's a thing and has been around since, well, a long time.

The funny thing? I think Kasper just made a very good point. People expect things like this can actually happen, and they don't like it, but it's a fact of the Internet.

Too Complex Didn't Understand Version: Kasper proved people are getting used to BS like that, as fact.

This was awesome. The most awesome part about it: The amount of dumb displayed by most of the previous posters in this thread. For a bunch of self proclaimed "smart" people, you fell for it hook line and sinker. By they way, I have some oceanfront property in Kansas. Who wants some? It's only $1/hectare.

I'm going to need a drink after reading that.... preferably something strong.

If only this forum would tag your age, gender and location onto your posts, and introduce a feature to match you with other KSP players in your region, you could enjoy a strong alcoholic beverage with other other KSP fans that read about the new forum. ;)

I like April Fool's jokes and all, but hey, let's try to make sure they only happen ON April 1st, eh?

Not sure my boss would be understanding if I said I quit today, then came back on April 1st all "JK LOL APRIL FOOLS LOLOLOL"

Hey, imagine if ALL the youtubers that do KSP or have ever done KSP announced they were sick, tired, laid out a loooooooooong list of why, then said they would quit in one week from next wednesday, in similar fashion to this. See how much fun that would be.

The last 5 minutes will forever be the most panicked, angry, confusing, and messy 5 minutes in the KSP community.

Hah, you obviously weren't around before Steam, when people had to download KSP updates from the KSP store & it's mid-90s server. That was always an event.

This was awesome. The most awesome part about it: the amount of dumb displayed by all the previous posters in this thread. For a bunch of smart people, you fell for it hook line and sinker. By they way, I have some oceanfront property in Kansas. Who wants some? It's only $1/hectare.

How am I supposed to a see an April Fool's day joke a week in advance?! I may be gullible, but seriously, with so many trustworthy companies going bad nowadays I don't know who to believe is the good guy.

I think it was more of a technological-satire of "modern" social media with angry undertones combined with anger at companies trying to modernize social media to make it compatible with smartphones.

Or something like that.

Satire. It's a thing and has been around since, well, a long time.

The funny thing? I think Kasper just made a very good point. People expect things like this can actually happen, and they don't like it, but it's a fact of the Internet.

Too Complex Didn't Understand Version: Kasper proved people are getting used to BS like that, as fact.

But people are expecting it from Squad.

If they wanted to prove the community heavily disapproves of their recent actions, they dog dang have it.

How am I supposed to a see an April Fool's day joke a week in advance?! I may be gullible, but seriously, with so many trustworthy companies going bad nowadays I don't know who to believe is the good guy.

By reading that this will be implemented "a week from Wednesday." I thought KSP'ers were smart? Evidently not as smart as they think themselves to be.

For the record, I am laughing AT most of you.

Well then, you have no place here.

There's a difference between a joke, and something that was meant to be a joke and then done in such a way as to not look like a joke. I thought it was simply too stupid to even be plausible.

By reading that this will be implemented "a week from Wednesday." I thought KSP'ers were smart? Evidently not as smart as they think themselves to be.

Yes, because every time I see a date, I instinctively check to see if it's April 1st. Doesn't everyone?

How silly of me to believe a post made by an official account.

For the record, I am laughing AT most of you.

You do not prank someone several days in advance to the day that prank is supposed to be in spirit of. What if twelve days in advance to Halloween I stood right next to someone's bed and screamed in their face immediately as they woke up. Saying "Happy Halloween!" will not lessen the damage.

Okay, jeez, not funny at all. :mad:

No hard feelings? Eh... Maybe later... I need to stop and think for a moment. It was too close to being "official" to be taken entirely as a joke. :(

But it's a good thing that the community exploded the moment it was brought up: I would hope nobody accepts such drastic, restrictive changes.

Yes, because every time I see a date, I instinctively check to see if it's April 1st. Doesn't everyone?

Yeah, don't mess with us like that, it's quite upsetting.

Smart people don't always see everything, like everybody else. A smart person is still a person.

For example:

To some people, algebra comes easily, to others, not so much.

But the others may be great at geometry.

So, calling someone out for one thing makes no sense and is simply jumping to conclusions.

Smart people don't always see everything, like everybody else. A smart person is still a person.

For example:

So, calling someone out for one thing makes no sense and is simply jumping to conclusions.

Exactly. We're not perfect!

Mm.

Now, the Forum is polarized between the "Ha-ha, suckers! Of course it was an April Fool's Day Joke!" faction and the "We were scared that SQUAD was going to do this, because they've made a lot of other bad choices!" faction.

I've gone from strong disapproval of KasperVld's actions to extremely strong disapproval. Isn't a Community Manager supposed to help the community?

Mm.

Now, the Forum is polarized between the "Ha-ha, suckers! Of course it was an April Fool's Day Joke!" faction and the "We were scared that SQUAD was going to do this, because they've made a lot of other bad choices!" faction.

I've gone from strong disapproval of KasperVld's actions to extremely strong disapproval. A Community Manager isn't supposed to do these things.

Preach it, Upsilon. Glad to see we're on the same boat. God dang...I've never hated Squad so much in my life, if ever!

Count me in the group who feel it's April Fool's Day, not April Fool's Month! Print magazines have an excuse for their April Fool's articles being early or late, websites don't.

And Squad need to remember that as absurd as Kasper's scenario seems, debunkings always lag behind hoaxes on the internet. There will be a minority of readers who won't get the retraction.

It was so utterly ridiculous, that yes, you should have. How anyone couldn't have seen it absolutely baffles me. What it does however, is know whose posts to put stock in, in the future, and whose to brush off as rubbish.

For example:

You're just upset you got suckered as well.