The 'new forum' is a joke.

Robotengineer

That might actually make people more angry about getting an unfinished product.

The point of my "Half-Life 3 Confirmed" joke was that it was planned to be finished by then. They announce this update to scare everyone, and then they release 1.0. instead.

If they REALLY want to make some of us happy, what they are planning as 1.0 will be released as .27 (or even .99).

I'm voting for .91, that would make me happy.

And then a community go-no-go input before announcing 1.0

Wait

People actually believed this?

To me it was more obvious than ALT + F4... ...which totally gives you [insert good thing here] and completely doesn't close off your window.

If they REALLY want to make some of us happy, what they are planning as 1.0 will be released as .27 (or even .99).

Oh but they need the cash grab.

Remember they hyped up this new announcement, it was simply moar 3d printing promotion cash grab?

It might be cool and all, but still, we think were getting something, its simply a big cash grab. Makes this event all the more likely, if you add in how "fast" the game has went to full release. And then look at the changes and time period... it feels so dang rushed.

If this really happens, I will probably accept it, as this is the way things must go. But this feels a bit off to me. Maybe it is a giant joke, maybe it is not.. I dunno.

If by that you mean "Leave the forums and never look back, to boycott Squad and their inevitable new games for all time", then yes. I agree with you.

Wait

To me it was more obvious than ALT + F4... ...which totally gives you [insert good thing here] and completely doesn't close off your window.

...yes another localized pun, like this one. That is a Windows Shortcut for your information.

Wait

...and people still believe it. I just scanned the planned feature list before coming here, so I didn't see the glaring flaws that it had...

This is still in incredibly poor taste, though. And I hate to make things personal, but Cap'N Skunky or Rowsdower probably wouldn't have gone this far...

Guys, we can put away the pitchforks.

Kaspy added this in small text under the update:

As some people pointed out already, the update schedule is slightly suspicious. We wish you a very happy (early) April fools!

This will be my only post on this topic, I hope it covers everything.

Either this is an April Fools joke posted at the wrong time in which case, just no, or it's serious, in which case, very much no.

EDIT out the long ass post I made while people were posting elsewhere:

Really? An April Fools joke? 12 days before April Fools? Jesus guys, talk about a sense of timing.. this is the kind of announcement you make ON April 1st, not 12 days beforehand, no matter what the 'a week next Wednesday' is on about.. And here I thought they had some sense..

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

I know this is a joke, guys, but serously...

...THIS IS PLAIN CRUEL.

I am not laughing here. I was extremely worried reading that post. The first thing I did? Come to this forum to complain! I'm sorry, but shame on you Squad. Never have I been so concerned about this community than when I read that post.

I like April Fool's jokes and all, but hey, let's try to make sure they only happen ON April 1st, eh?

Not sure my boss would be understanding if I said I quit today, then came back on April 1st all "JK LOL APRIL FOOLS LOLOLOL"

Guys, we can put away the pitchforks.

Kaspy added this in small text under the update:

As some people pointed out already, the update schedule is slightly suspicious. We wish you a very happy (early) April fools!

Early birthday OK, but not April Fools.

Hey, lets simply start "early" on April Fools... congratulations on justifying playing non stop terrible jokes on everyone, and messing up everybody's life, then simply say "Happy (Early) April Fools!" by <Add number of days unto April Fools> The world would be a bad place.

I know this is a joke, guys, but serously...

...THIS IS PLAIN CRUEL.

I am not laughing here. I was extremely worried reading that post. The first thing I did? Come to this forum to complain! I'm sorry, but shame on you Squad. Never have I been so concerned about this community than when I read that post.

You have a good point there. Maybe their approval ratings have dropped so low that they needed a way to limit our complaining.