The 'new forum' is a joke.

Robotengineer

It's not funny, for an hour you had all the forum members hating you, whoever at Squad thought this would be funny needs some serious help.

An hour? It took an hour to realize it was a joke?

Geez, i'm already angry at the snow outside...

I love how he says check your calendars. If everything here had been postponed another hour, my calendar would CLEARLY say April the 2nd.

As would pretty much >50% of the worlds. Still does in fact.

You should recheck the post... They never said 'in a week and a half'... They said 'a week from wednesday'... And 7 days after a wednesday will still be a wednesday...

I love how he says check your calendars. If everything here had been postponed another hour, my calendar would CLEARLY say April the 2nd.

As would pretty much >50% of the worlds. Still does in fact.

Is there a way to hand out negative rep? Because I can think of someone who deserves some.

I won't say who, Kasper wont like that. :wink:

It actually was pretty funny when you think about it, but it seriously needed either an "April Fools!" note at the bottom, or a release closer to April. I did like the humor though, once I thought about it. The paid subscriptions should have tipped us off.

Face it, the mods got us. The mods got us good. But it REALLY needed an indication that it was a joke :P

If this is a joke, they must have known it would make everyone angry. If they made everyone angry by telling the joke, they'd want to make them happy again. This could be accomplished by releasing 1.0. on the day they claim they're going to implement this update.

If this is a joke, they must have known it would make everyone angry. If they made everyone angry by telling the joke, they'd want to make them happy again. This could be accomplished by releasing 1.0. on the day they claim they're going to implement this update.

Nice try :P

That might actually make people more angry about getting an unfinished product.

While it may not have been funny, they got us good. REAL good

I disagree. What if they had made this post in January and said that the forum changes would take effect in April and then admitted in a PM that it was all an April Fool's joke?

That's not smart humor. That's bad taste.

There's a reason why April 1st pranks happen ON April 1st. So crap like this doesn't happen, and we can all have a laugh about it. Now, though, Squad's got a borderline PR CRISIS on their hands because not everyone is going to figure it out in a timely manner.

That might actually make people more angry about getting an unfinished product.

Theyre shipping an unfinished product no matter what. So yeah, pfft.

- - - Updated - - -

Now the community has been pissed, as far as I am aware Green iron Crown was an experiment in how much negative rep can be gotten on this forum.

Let us try this "experiment" again.

I would like to request that they edit the announcement post with "Happy 1st of April" or something similar
Yes, something this hot-button shouldn't require folks to do math. "These awesome changes to this forum, requested by everyone on reddit and twitter, will go live on April 1!" And even after that, it was written with such good detail, that I'd probably fall for it. :(

It would be nice, but what? 1% possibility?

If they REALLY want to make some of us happy, what they are planning as 1.0 will be released as .27 (or even .99).