What will you do first in 1.0?

Baconation

You're right. I criticize only for the fame and rep, and not because I actually think the game can be so much more than what it currently is. I will change my ways immediately.

Thank you! I highly appreciate your wise decision. ;) I am pretty sure its possible to care for a game like KSP and be part of its fine community without driving some kind of "Moan Train" thats equally unfun as these Hypetrains :)

Edit: Maybe "NagTrain" is better, but english is not my native language so sorry if i got it horrible wrong.

Edited by smart013

First thing I'll do in 1.0? HOPEFULLY, I'll notice that Steam stealth-updated me BEFORE I fire up my current save and hopelessly corrupt it.

Then, I'll quit out of KSP, backup my current save to my "Old KSPs" directory where I've already placed a copy of 0.90, restart KSP 1.0, and start a new Sandbox game. Which I'll use to relearn how to fly a basic orbit/reentry mission with the new aero model, figure out what all changed when they rebalanced parts. Next up, redesign my old stable of existing standardized craft, figure out how to aerobrake re-usable deep-space tugs (I expect that will be an ugly and frustrating learning experience... none of the old tools will work, nor will they be easily updateable because now the aerobrake maneuver will depend on things like how much fuel is left in the tanks when you hit atmo...).

Once I feel like I'm kinda-sorta semi-competent, I'll start a new Career game.

1st ill most likely crash the game, then crash whatever craft i build a few times, then crash land the craft after i manage to liftoff.

Then ill:

Make a 6th generation of Tri-Fighters (assuming the aero doesnt make them entirely obsolete given how i clip some wings internally to make them look a certain way and not sacrifice lift and performance).

Also, im most likely going to make the 1st non-kraken-drive fully self-sustainable SSTO, able to refuel itsself with the new parts. I have to say refueling is something ive been waiting for a while (whats the point of making a massive bunker when you cant even refuel stuff from said bunker?).

Then ill prolly make more capital ships (and make better launch vehicles for them since we now get fairings that will I HOPE be able to fit a capital ship inside them).

Ohh, and assuming my save isnt broken, crew the entire lunar corporation base i spent quite a bit to make/replicate to small details with female kerbals (LC used female cloned soldiers or something of the sort).

I've been planning a Kerbal exploration system using remote tech and life support for some time. Setting it up so no flight goes directly to any planet but from Kerbal to orbital station, then a dedicated tug from Kerbal station to the other body's station and finally a landing ship dedicated to that body's station. It just hasn't worked out with having to keep restarting careers.

Check to see if my craft are still compatible. If not, it will be back to the drawing board. It's one reason why I put off playing this version for so long, preferring to carry on with the previous version; it wasn't possible to carry my craft over.

I've been purposefully holding off on building planes because I didn't want to learn bad aerodynamics and then have to relearn it, so I'll make some planes I guess. Also mine so stuff.

Technically the first thing I'll do is start the game up.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

I managed to get to Tier 2 in Science building upgrade...now I might as well cheat a little bit more than I did in v24 so I can test the awesomeness MODS and see what needs to be, well, retired.

I am actually not expecting many MODS to not work...so...

I will be upgrading my current 90 tree in career and continuing to revamp my Tech Tree to get ready for KSP 1.0; with 4 Tiers now and a new possible Stock Tech Tree I also dont expect major changes there either, but I might as well prepare early and get on board that pysch hype train...which BTW...there may be...wait let me think...I made a post in my stream thread...there could be a relational database issue here that could be discovered by some lucky Kerbal Space Engineer here.

I will be looking into the 'DRAG' and 'Re-Entry Heat' situations again; I tried DRE (Deadly Re-Entry) MOD; it is pretty good; and in fact I now have a resource I can mine for to re-use those heat shields (!); I am guessing the new heat shields are actually based of of DRE but I am not certain.

Too bad all those barnstormer Kerbal Space Pilots cant fake de-orbit burns in the atmosphere anymore !! I have already done some tests so I guess we have to wait and test again !

Cmdr Zeta

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.