What will you do first in 1.0?

Baconation

First I will see if it is still possible to launch ridiculously designed ships such as saucers. Then I'll learn how to design and fly a good spaceplane or six.

But then, as OP mentioned, I will start a serious career. THis will be my main focus, as I haven't played career mode in several months.

re -learning how to fly to space, using the rendezvous tutorial to finally master docking in kerbin orbit (have only docked in mun orbit), learn how to design proper space planes and fly them, go mining on the Mun (since I think no inclination+closer distance>lower gravity), go to duna, Jool, etc. (finally!), get KER, then get a crap ton of parts mods, maybe (MAYBE) start modding.

I'll restart career again, and again on hard mode. I'm going to grind enough to afford a manned mission to the Joolian moons, as I've only sent probes there up to now...

Depending on how realistic the aero overhaul will be, I'm also considering installing FAR again, as well as KIDS to keep the game balanced (given both mods will be available for 1.0).

Based on past experience, ignore it and keep playing .90 :D

But I think I will give Squad a week to issue a point update if they need to, then go and look to see if the bugs that infuriate me in .90 have been fixed. If they haven't I'm going to be Not Very Impressed.

colonizing Laythe. Com sats, couple space stations for utility and tourism, aircraft, and ground stations complete with self sufficient resource mining.

First, start writing my story "Survival". It's gonna be good!

Second, send my last Laythe ship.

Laythe is my KSP everything, but I have so many other things to focus on.

It'll be made of LOW (Laythe One Way) 01 Lina and LOW 02 Paul.

I'll also make a funny but also serious video on the trip.

I'll be packing tons.

Literally, I'm guessing 1,000-2,000 tons on LOW 1 and 2 combined.

Can't wait!

1. Sit down to learn how to design a launch vehicle, starting with the dV and TWR requirements.
  2. Laugh at the inevitability of tens of threads from hundreds of people whining that their old designs don't work any more.
  3. Shake head sadly at the thousands of others that have no idea what's going on and won't read a single thing to find out.
  4. Start writing some proper tutorials.

What I'll do first is download the game. Then I'll:

• Try out the new systems and make a critical review (hoping I don't have to be too critical).
  • Check out the memory management and see what bugs were fixed, and whether the ocean is still an ocean of lag (hopefully I won't be laughing at the players on Win32 griping about memory-related crashes).
  • Watch people who used to spaceplane well fail horribly under the new systems (and gripe about the nerfs/realism improvements).
  • If I can figure out Blender's video editing I'll make a video of the new stock systems.
  • Wait for all the mods I use to update and probably make some contributions to them.
  • Restart my old save in order to get female Kerbals.
  • Recreate my Kerbal renaming mod to handle the new Kerbals.

colonizing Laythe. Com sats, couple space stations for utility and tourism, aircraft, and ground stations complete with self sufficient resource mining.

It first i thought you wrote "terrorism".

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.