What will you do first in 1.0?

Baconation

We are getting closer and closer to 1.0, and I'm beyond excited. What is everyone looking forward to doing the most/first?

I'm thrilled about finally starting a career save that I can never have to worry about needing to restart because of a major change in development. It will be much more interesting being in career mode now that (hopefully) the alt+f12 menu will be gone, since I couldn't help but use it at times, and I'll definitely be placing more importance on the lives and safety of my Kerbalnauts.

So yeah, what about all of you?

Edited by Baconation
typo

I'll see how the aero feels first and foremost.

I'll definitely start up a career campaign, so I can give my final verdict on the game. I've got big problems with career at the moment. I'm interested to see what Squad deems worthy of a 1.0 release.

I'll try to recreate some of my favorite bugs. Jump on a few ladders. See if the Kerbals still slide around. That sort of thing.

Edited by klgraham1013

I'm thrilled about finally starting a career save that I can never have to worry about needing to restart because of a major change in development.

That is something you would expect, isn't it? We'll see. I'm still not convinced Squad's idea of "1.0" is the same as everyone else's.

A mun mining operation. I know Minmus is ultimately better due to the lower gravity making hauling fuel up to a depot/ladning by a depot easier, landing is much less tricky, and it takes less dV to get to other destinations... but its a much shorter trip to the Mun, there's no inclination to deal with, and its shorter orbital period means less waiting if you want to eject prograde/retrograde from Kerbin

proper spaceplanes, proper spaceplanes, proper spaceplanes, proper spaceplanes, proper spaceplanes, proper spaceplanes

I really like designing spaceplane SSTO's.

also: newest version of a kerbin-stationary space station, going to Jool/Laythe. Never been there before.

I WILL: re-learn how to launch under the new aerodynamics in a sandbox game -- then start a new career game.

I will probably find myself doing this as well. Bringing over some of my finalized airplane designs that I've made to do some tweaks on those as well for the new Aero.

More than likely just lots of testing with aerodynamics and the re-entry mechanics. Gotta see how necessary it will be to add retrorockets to slow down before re-entering the atmosphere and such. Should be fun. Really looking forward to it. It's going to be odd to not need FAR installed.

See if my Dart series SSTO planes still work. If nott, redesign.

Most likely relearn the whole flight and reentry as mentioned.

And create a mun and/or minmus mining op/orbital service depot. Then it is time to get everywhere and back.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.