[0.90] ShipEffects Sound Mod: Dynamic Sound Effects - v0.2.6

ensou04

I remembered that FAR adds aerodynamic stress calculations to parts. FAR numbers are available to modders.

I actually took a look at FAR, though i still have to find where it is :D

Edit: Sarb explained to me how the joint breaks unfortunately, there really isnt anyway way to know the internal numbers "the stress". So I think this feature cannot be done at all. UNLESS its FAR which actually adds physical forces to specific Parts. Though I need to ask Ferram first about it

Edited by ensou04

Ok, I've installed this but I'm not hearing anything other than the usual stock sound. Are there any known mod conflicts? Only thing I am using that effects iva sound is chatterer.

there shouldn't be any conflicts because this mod doesnt really change anything rather than convert data to sounds. And it should work perfectly fine with Chatterer. can you check if the Folder Name is "ShipEffects" with the capital "S" ?

Dev update

I redid the Thump sounds, both clips and how they react. we finally have a better one that doesnt sound like a trashcan and also one that is not overkill which plays almost anytime.

I wanted to say it always sounded like pots and pans banging in the truck, but thought it was just me when no one else mentioned it. Glad to hear you've updated. Such a great mod.

:D they where place holders so i didnt bother making them sound good for a while. but yeap I got rid of it AHah!

UPDATE 0.2.4

fixed dynamic response locking at high TWRs causing sounds to not ease

I discovered this problem when I was trying to break my ships with a very powerful rocket, its fixed now

replaced Thump Sounds to final, replaced code thump code handler

Say bye-bye to those trashcan sounding thump sounds, now only using one sound and is more "reasonable" in terms of responsiveness

Docking and Undocking Sounds implement

As requested! they're here :D

The kerb quake linked in this thread works flawlessly

IDK that is the version I was using I'm pretty sure, I was using it with RealChutes, I have heard that that will throw NREs.

It worked fine as far as manned missions and IVA flights, but the second I launched an unmanned probe the log would fill with NREs and a couple minutes after launching would crash, with the developer for KerbQuake MIA no one was able to help so I just got rid of it, I have been really missing it. :(

BTW just downloaded this mod, looking forward to playing with it :)

there shouldn't be any conflicts because this mod doesnt really change anything rather than convert data to sounds. And it should work perfectly fine with Chatterer. can you check if the Folder Name is "ShipEffects" with the capital "S" ?

Yep, that was the problem. Thanks :)

Looky! I INTRODUCE YOU THE

SEASys (ShipEffects Alarm System)

So i've been thinking about how the Alarm System will work this morning and I started fiddling around. I got this, its not yet complete. the other indicators dont work yet except for the HIGHG one. And it does make alarm sounds.

I have a vague idea how Master Alarm Works so what are your thoughts on this? How will I make this behave? "going to add TAC support as well once I now exactly How this thing works". I had the idea of when you click it they will mute, but will still Light Up.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b4my6fvl3ej5yir/screenshot2.png?dl=1

You might be interested in these mods:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/56710-Plugin-WIP-22-Cockpit-Warning-Notifications-v0-31-UPDATED-2-23-14

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/81634-0-24-2-Proximity-audio-alarm-%28landing-aid%29

Second one is must have for me when i do landings.

UPDATE 0.2.6

- Improved Thump Sounds response, now it wont play unless the ship experienced a sudden increase in GeeForce fast enough

- Added Heavy Thump sounds for Higher GeeForce Peaks

- Added Stress Sounds response starting from 6G and beyond

- General House Keeping within the code

- Two new Settings, Resistance Multiplier and ReEntry Multiplier

Still no Alarm Systems. But I did do some neat stuff!

I haven't been able to get this mod to work at all; I just get a thousands of these error messages (one on each update, I imagine)

ShipEffects.SEMaster.Update ()
[EXC 07:21:51.947] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

No sounds or anything. I have a pretty extensive modlist (includes Chatterer, shouldn't be anything else that modifies sounds) and I'm running Linux 64 bit. The errors don't break anything else or cause crashes it seems, but like I said none of the new sounds are working.

Wiseman said:
I haven't been able to get this mod to work at all; I just get a thousands of these error messages (one on each update, I imagine)

ShipEffects.SEMaster.Update ()
[EXC 07:21:51.947] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

No sounds or anything. I have a pretty extensive modlist (includes Chatterer, shouldn't be anything else that modifies sounds) and I'm running Linux 64 bit. The errors don't break anything else or cause crashes it seems, but like I said none of the new sounds are working.

Lemme check the code for a moment. for now can you post your log file?

EDIT: i think I fixed it, i dont have the errors but I think i know why, I had a variable that is not in used. going to upload a fix now and see if it works

- - - Updated - - -

now try it: [removed link to defunct website]

I just removed the geeforce_immediate float that was not in use anymore, I have my own calculation for gForce

Linux is quite picky isnt it? ahah

Think I was just experiencing that issue. I will report back using the latest hotfix. Thanks for the quick updates and I love the new thump great job!

Don't talk 'bout my linux that way! 89 mods and not counting alot more ;) 8GB ram usage is wonderful :P

Still getting a ton of NREs with latest build. It is happening right now only to my satellites in orbit. So may be parts without iva or when parts have been decoupled as those are the only thing I could think that would cause it as I can launch planes with no issues. Hope that helps I will keep an eye out for the trigger logs werent very indicative of the cause AFAICT

Still getting a ton of NREs with latest build. It is happening right now only to my satellites in orbit. So may be parts without iva or when parts have been decoupled as those are the only thing I could think that would cause it as I can launch planes with no issues. Hope that helps I will keep an eye out for the trigger logs werent very indicative of the cause AFAICT

uhmm interesting, I have a good hunch of why this happens. My code goes like this:

1. Calculate the data "geeforce, atmospheric, engine"

then after grabbing the data and converting it into a Volume Controller we then:

2. check if the current active vessel has IVA, if it has continue to 3, else dont.

3. apply Volume Controller data to sounds and cues

now all sounds are only added and calculated to the current ship. so whenever a part of that ship is detached, its no longer going to have sounds/calculations. only exception is the docking sounds which I already have assigned to whenever it is decoupled/removed "destroyed" it'll remove the events there.

I think I know what causes the NREs, its step 1. it calculates anything regardless if the vessel has an IVA or not. we'll see if it fixes it by moving the Step 2 before 1

I suppose this only happens in Linux because I dont have such NREs

can someone explain to me why linux is prone to NREs?

Edited by ensou04

Spent some time testing the latest build. I'm using RealFuels and the stockalike engine configs, and it seems like whenever the probe/command module are connected to an engine with those configs, that's when I'm getting the NRE spam. With both probes and command modules, as soon as I trigger a decoupler that breaks off the engine, the spam stops, and I can hear the sounds just fine from within a command pod. The NRE spam doesn't happen when I launch a vessel without one of those engines, and it doesn't happen when I launch with an engine that isn't configured for RealFuels (I somehow got something incompatible in my install, so that turned out handy).

Edit: Confirmed, it's a conflict with RealFuels. I yanked RealFuels from my install and the sounds worked fine, no NREs on probes or command pods.

Edited by Wiseman

Spent some time testing the latest build. I'm using RealFuels and the stockalike engine configs, and it seems like whenever the probe/command module are connected to an engine with those configs, that's when I'm getting the NRE spam. With both probes and command modules, as soon as I trigger a decoupler that breaks off the engine, the spam stops, and I can hear the sounds just fine from within a command pod. The NRE spam doesn't happen when I launch a vessel without one of those engines, and it doesn't happen when I launch with an engine that isn't configured for RealFuels (I somehow got something incompatible in my install, so that turned out handy).

Edit: Confirmed, it's a conflict with RealFuels. I yanked RealFuels from my install and the sounds worked fine, no NREs on probes or command pods.

Uhmm i wonder why, I need someone more experienced with making mods to help with this one. I'm really guessing around why this happens. Im guessing it has something to do on the method for adding Engine Thrust Shakes. I thought I fixed that one before

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.