Will you skip school/work on 27 April?

Foxster

I have to help launch a rocket that day :cool: , so no joy playing right when 1.0 comes out. Where will I be though after we SECO and payload deploy?

Edited by aeroeng14

ANZAC day ceremony at the school where I work, and I wouldn't want to miss that. Plus adult responsibility means not skipping work for what is, after all, a plaything (an excellent plaything, but a plaything all the same).

Not skipping work for any game, even though this is my favourite all time game and have over 1100 hours according to Steam. That's 12.5 % of all my time since I started playing last april. Gee! :-O

Money well spent!

Edited by LostOblivion

Between jobs. ;) So I won't have any work on release day.

That said, new releases of KSP usually involves me checking if the mods I like to use are upgraded. I probably turn the install wholly vanilla, and just install mods as I miss them. ;)

You are seriously thinking on *downloading* on Monday? I don't know about you, but I think I've never been able to download an update on release day. And this one is a big one, so more people downloading...

In any case, no, I will not skip work for a game, not even KSP. I will play the hell out of it and sleep little yes, but work is work, if I don't do it they don't pay me. :)

You are seriously thinking on *downloading* on Monday? I don't know about you, but I think I've never been able to download an update on release day. And this one is a big one, so more people downloading...

In any case, no, I will not skip work for a game, not even KSP. I will play the hell out of it and sleep little yes, but work is work, if I don't do it they don't pay me. :)

Steam doesn't really suffer from that...?

I won't be missing work and I probably won't be downloading it on release.. I plan to wait for the hotpatch that will come out on the 29th...

You don't really believe that it will release bug free now do you? :)

I've got the game on Steam, so I usually have no problem downloading.

The sad thing is that they take a cut of Squad's profits, but to be honest, the visibility your game gets as a result of being on Steam can boost sales so much that it's worth it. And the fact that you don't have to use your own bandwidth to distribute!

I coincidentally have two weeks of vacation starting next Monday. Of course I took it so I could move to my new unit without rushing, but there might be some KSP time in there~

Steam doesn't really suffer from that...?

Yeah, KSP isn't quite big enough to give Steam any issues. I noticed it got a bit dicey when GTA V was released though.

The sad thing is that they take a cut of Squad's profits, but to be honest, the visibility your game gets as a result of being on Steam can boost sales so much that it's worth it. And the fact that you don't have to use your own bandwidth to distribute!

Hey now, Squad uses mediaplay.co.uk, and they have a whole E1 line (about 25% faster than a North American-style T1 line) to distribute it from. 32 raw digital PCM channels baby!

*cough*

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.