Roverdude's Easter Egg Found

Zucal

In Maxmap's ongoing Reddit AMA, it was confirmed that the procedural asteroid ring around Dres was the easter egg he had the two-month bet on.

Well now that the cat is out of the proverbial bag, the Dres asteroid ring was an idea we had during development. It served a couple of purposes - first, Dres was one sad and lonely place, so it needed some love. Also, I liked the idea of having a static asteroid ring where players could do some pretty epic asteroid mining operations. Side note - looks like you folks absolutely destroyed my two month bet on how soon you would discover Dres had a procedural asteroid ring

I'll say we destroyed it- it was found the day before release, not two months after!

Edited by DuoDex
fixed your quote cause OCD :)

OK, so the easter egg that was supposed to be discovered in no less than two months after release actually was revealed 4 days before the release by a dev in the official twitch channel? ...

It is just me that thinks this makes any sane person head spin ? :D

P.S. And before people ask, Maxmaps told about the asteroids around Dres in a KSP-TV stream last Friday :D

That's hilarious! Easter egg found one day *before* release :D

Honestly, I'm not sure that even the asteroids make Dres worth more than a scientific visit.

Fuel is like real estate; location determines the value.

Best,

-Slashy

Im expecting a horde of drilling spacecraft coming to Dres by tommorow. :P

Just chillin' in deep space, being the quiet planet, enjoying your elbow room. No spacecrafts bothering you.

Wait! A sudden ring of asteroids? Oh well, I'm fine with them. But what's this... NOOOOO

SUDDENLY SWARMED BY DRILLING SPACECRAFT

That's hilarious! Easter egg found one day *before* release :D

Honestly, I'm not sure that even the asteroids make Dres worth more than a scientific visit.

Fuel is like real estate; location determines the value.

Best,

-Slashy

But, for any eeloo mission, or even a jool mission, it's in a great place for refueling.

Thats nice that there are more potatoroids on other planets. Now there is an actyual reason to go to dres besides going there just to claim you made it to dres and back. Also, im SO making a asteroid colony in dres orbit, space dogfights in asteroid fields FTW!

Just chillin' in deep space, being the quiet planet, enjoying your elbow room. No spacecrafts bothering you.

Wait! A sudden ring of asteroids? Oh well, I'm fine with them. But what's this... NOOOOO

SUDDENLY SWARMED BY DRILLING SPACECRAFT

Nah, I'm pretty sure Dres will be happy about the fact that it's no longer just a filler object to make the space between Duna and Jool prettier in map view. And I was planning to start a long-term colonization of Dres later on!

I asked the same question earlier today and it seems Dres is not orbiting in an asteroid field and the asteroids are occasionally entering its sphere of influence just like what happens with Kerbin. Thankfully, they don't spawn in closed orbits around Dres, i.e. they are not procedurally spawned natural satellites. I really wouldn't like that.

I asked the same question earlier today and it seems Dres is not orbiting in an asteroid field and the asteroids are occasionally entering its sphere of influence just like what happens with Kerbin. Thankfully, they don't spawn in closed orbits around Dres, i.e. they are not procedurally spawned natural satellites. I really wouldn't like that.

The screenshot is from syvos KSP-TV stream made earlier today. The asteroids were actually in orbit around Dres when he found them. You can check the video here:

http://www.twitch.tv/ksptv/v/4387922

He tracks the first asteroid around 2:39:00 in.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.