[1.12.x] USI Life Support

RoverDude

I must be missing something.  I installed two of the small Greenhouses on a station.  I thought I was to supply Mulch in order to get Supplies.  I added no Mulch.  However, the Mulch level is increasing and the Supplies level is decreasing.  Does the increasing green bar for the Mulch really indicate that Mulch is being used-up?

Have you started the greenhouses on the action menu?

Don't quote me on this, but I think the mulch production will usually be bigger than its consumption by the greenhouses. So it's normal that they will increase with time.

The opposite works for Supplies: With working greenhouses, the Supplies' consumption rate will be smaller, but still, they won't last forever.

5 hours ago, Apollo13 said:

I must be missing something.  I installed two of the small Greenhouses on a station.  I thought I was to supply Mulch in order to get Supplies.  I added no Mulch.  However, the Mulch level is increasing and the Supplies level is decreasing.  Does the increasing green bar for the Mulch really indicate that Mulch is being used-up?

Mulch is created by Kerbals.  If Mulch is increasing, it means you have insufficient green houses, etc. to support the number of Kerbals on the vessel.  And yep, make sure they are activated.  How many Kerbals are on the station?  Do the greenhouses have power? etc.

6 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Those only support one Kerbal each.  You have more Kerbals than greenhouses.

The small one supports one Kerbal, the bigger one four Kerbals while saving some mass - that's what I can get out of the part.cfg files.

While fertilizer is available the bigger one increases its output by 2.4 - without needing more mulch. Should not fertilizer only make plants grow faster instead of bigger/more nutritious? (I am sure I am once more late to this party.)

First POST.  Thank you RoverDude for an exceptional set of mods.  I've been playing on/off for years, and only got back into this recently because of your OKS and Freighter mods.

I have an issue - My kerbals ran out of supplies, now my 3-star engineers are tourists.

Despite being IN a vessel with supplies, and docking in a space station with supplies, and even transferring crew to another module in the space station - they REMAIN Tourists.

What do I need to for them to get back to work?

Yeah - ask the question.  Answer the question (kind of).

I was able to "convert" SOME of them by transferring to a pioneer module.  Don't know why the habitation ring or Training Academy in same station did not work.

Doing same transfer, is no longer working, for some reason (despite PLENTY of supplies in my orbital space station)

Any ideas?

Edited by LD

@RoverDude Do you have any plans on implementing (or has it been done) some sorts of re-supply mission framework that can tie into the newer contextual contracts that were added by Arsonide recently?  Something like a contract to send re-supply to ground bases or space stations that are within a certain established range of running out of supply?  Sorry if this has been answered already, I was unable to find any mention of it.

9 minutes ago, RoverDude said:

I like that idea :)

If that is in response to the contract tie in, I do as well; I thought it'd be a nice little bonus to those using USI-LS in career.  Plus, it'd act as almost a built-in notification of supplies getting low if players check their available contracts.

1 hour ago, RoverDude said:

hmm... you have power correct?  Also, please confirm which version you were on. 

Absolutely. Have power on both ship and OSS.  I tried docking, undocking, transferring with different types of kernels (scientist, pilot, engineer).  Nothing doing.

Strange that it worked with one of the orange guys in pioneer module, but cannot repeat with ANY of them now :(

I've landed back on Kerbin, and they haven't changed back.

USI-LS ver 01.7.0 from 11/19/2015

Edited by LD

2 hours ago, RoverDude said:

Which USI-LS version?  And is this an old save or new one?

From the version.txt file 01.7.0.  Date of file is 11/19/2015 (just downloaded an updated version from github a few days ago)

New Save since 1.0.5 out.  Probably last 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, WuphonsReach said:

If you have a Google Account, you can also toss the file up in your Google Drive, then create a share link URL for that item. 

Trying, unsuccessfully, to avoid cluttering this forum with posts.  Really asking if he has a private link to upload to dropbox, or just dump it in here for ALL?  Here goes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p344rpfz5opc9ol/persistent.sfs?dl=0

Thanks in advance for taking a peek!

Edited by LD

On 12/4/2015, 5:15:06, Jimbodiah said:

Rover, on a sidenote... will you be releasing mods like the minisub? Or is that just for personal use? Would be cool to explore the seas of Eve.

Roverdude's said that the Minisub should end up as part of the Exploration pack.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.