Pewdiepie did ksp!!!!

RAINCRAFTER

The more the merrier. I welcome anyone. It's not an exclusive club limited to only the space nerds (Excelsior!... ahem). And that many more people knowing even just a tidbit more about how orbital motion works is a delight.

Ew.

Here's the video, for anyone wondering:

Pewd's style doesn't really seem funny to me. Guess it's because I've grown up since the last time I watched his stuff (Still in my teens, shouldn't be saying that), but it just looks too... childish.

Anyway, the description says that "Kerbal Space Program", not "SQUAD", sponsored the video... So SQUAD obviously saw the potential for new buyers with the 1.0 release and decided that it would make sense. However, I don't expect a lot of these kids to stay around the forum very much.

If they do, at least they'll learn something useful. :)

Edited by astropapi1

Lemme guess - lots of stuff blown up, nothing really put into space, lots of stupid jokes, and a very poor representation of the game's features?

Interestingly, Jacksepticeye's (he's another popular youtuber and knows poods) first KSP video (or two) was kind of like that. Then he started watching Scott Manley, learned to orbit, made it to the moon, and even learned how to dock. So who knows?

EDIT: Can't much stand poods myself though for very long. His video was somewhat painful.

I could not make it even half way through that video. It is funny watching someone that does not know what they are doing, but it is different when they are not even trying to understand what they are doing.

Couldn't agree more, I don't know what other word to use to describe it other than disrespectful ....

I'm pretty sure a lot of the cringe-worthy incompetence shown in the video was Pewds hamming it up for the camera. He knows his audience well.

And if it means a whole ton more people buying the game and flooding the forums? Good. More people is more fun. The serious rocket-scientist types can carry on with their RSS/RO-fueled NASA simulations, the lelsokerbal types can carry on blowing stuff up, and the idiotic trolls can taste banhammer.

I fail to see the problem.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.