[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

Considering the window itself is an RPM page, then I would hazard a guess that RPM is to blame for it being there. As for the strange functionality, I have no answer.

So, overall... I don't have any clue and I don't know why I'm posting this. I guess it's my sick sense of humor bleeding through.

Any idea if this may be caused by RPM? I have no idea why, but this is what shows up in the vessel view page no matter the ship. No idea what is causing it hoped maybe someone in this thread ran into the issue before. Thanks!

I suppose it's possible, but I haven't heard about anything like this happening previously. Do you have a KSP log that you can post, so I can see if there's any obvious clues in it?

Hello all,

RPM appears to contain code (in JSIFlyingCamera.cs) that is meant to allow it to display the map view camera's output. Does anyone here know how to get that working? Just putting the name of the map view camera into the config file in place of, say, the docking camera, did not work.

Any help you all could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ainamogel

Hello all,

RPM appears to contain code (in JSIFlyingCamera.cs) that is meant to allow it to display the map view camera's output. Does anyone here know how to get that working? Just putting the name of the map view camera into the config file in place of, say, the docking camera, did not work.

Thanks,

Ainamogel

Hmm, I thought you had to have ScanSat mod and perform an orbital scan to get the map working in the Nav screen on the MFD?

At least I have to do that.

Hello all,

Thanks,

Ainamogel

RPM does not render MapView. If you use SCANsat, you can display the SCANsat map on an MFD, but there's never been anything in RPM to render the in-game Map View.

RPM does not render MapView. If you use SCANsat, you can display the SCANsat map on an MFD, but there's never been anything in RPM to render the in-game Map View.

OK, I understand. It was the following two code snippets (from FlyingCamera.cs) that misled me:

private readonly string[] knownCameraNames =

{

"GalaxyCamera",

"Camera ScaledSpace",

"Camera VE Underlay", // Environmental Visual Enhancements plugin camera

"Camera VE Overlay", // Environmental Visual Enhancements plugin camera

"Camera 01",

"Camera 00",

"FXCamera"

};

and:

if (cameraObject != null)

{

// ScaledSpace camera and it's derived cameras from Visual Enhancements mod are special - they don't move.

if (i >= 3)

{

cameraObject.transform.position = cameraTransform.transform.position;

}

cameraObject.transform.rotation = rotation;

cameraObject.fieldOfView = FOV;

cameraObject.Render();

}

Thanks for the feedback,

Ainamogel

Which mods aside from planetarybaseinc use transparent pod feature?

Don't have time to search now, but my Deepfeeeze does as well. i also have some transparent pods that Nli2work did a while back (can't remember what the pack was called). Sure there are others I have seen just not using right now.

I hope i'm not being rude bumping this :)

-- i just haven't seen anyone else mention that this mod is a bit broken with 1.0.5.

I saw activity on githhub, so i've taken to hoping you know and might be working on it..

But just incase, what ive noticed so far:

- The portrait dissapears when kerbals are placed in the mk1 cockpit (mk1 inline seems fine) and the interior view is not accessable for this cockpit.

- Transferring kerbals between command pods causes the portraits to dissapear and cant access iva anymore

They've reworked the cockpits, personally im not sure how i feel about the news ones lol, i miss the mfds :D

But i'd still like to be able to use this mod with the others, anyone else noticed any other problems and: can i disable, what i assume is, the mod trying to 'find' the mfds on the mk1 cockpit so i can play continue my career still using it on the mk2 cockpit / inline and the cool cameras.

thanks

Edited by Stilton

It looks like recompiling the source is all that's needed to fix RPM. The new Mk1 cockpit will require someone to make a new IVA arrangement (I don't have the spare time to work on it any time soon).

I'll get a release out in the morning - until then, you can delete GameData/JSI/RPMPodPatches/PatchesStock/mk1cockpit-patch.cfg and you'll be able to use the new cockpit (with stock instruments, alas).

cool that does fix the mk1 thanks..

im glad to be able to still use this on the other cockpits mfd's

..there is still the issue of clicking on the crew hatch and transferring kerbins between compartments via the popup-transfer-menu causes all the portraits to dissapear and iva to become unusable though.

ah -- i have my no death run (excluding save scrubbing :D ) going well and i was reluctant to keep playing with the mod incase it was causing my kerbals to be swallowed up into the void..

Thanks for pointing that out; Now i know its purely a camera bug i can continue and i learned where to look for debug errors :D

Getting NaN errors on my orbital information, I've tried just installing RPM on a fresh 1.0.5 install to exclude any conflicts with other mods I'm running and it still occurs. Nothing out of the ordinary from the log file, I hope you'll be able to fix this, because I can't play without this mod, I just love the immersion from full IVA flight, but those numbers are essential for me to get anywhere :)

Screenshot:

k8kDeSE.png

Getting NaN errors on my orbital information, I've tried just installing RPM on a fresh 1.0.5 install to exclude any conflicts with other mods I'm running and it still occurs. Nothing out of the ordinary from the log file, I hope you'll be able to fix this, because I can't play without this mod, I just love the immersion from full IVA flight, but those numbers are essential for me to get anywhere :)

RPM has not been updated for 1.0.5. As I stated last night, it needs a recompile. I'm also getting a few other little things knocked down before the release. And those guys who sign my paycheck expect me to do some stuff for them today, too, so my planned morning release is looking more like an evening release.

I've got the same problem here, after the 1.0.5 update looks like its not working anymore. When I go for the launch area, when I still have my rocket on the ground, the numbers looks fine and working, I can see Apoapsis, Periapsis, etc. But when I liftoff every number goes "NaN", except for Velocity and Altitude. Would be awsome if this got fixed, because I only play with RPM. ;.;

Take all the time you need, I have nothing but love for the modding community and their great work. I've just came back to KSP from a year hiatus and didn't know if this issue was just a matter of recompiling or not and I didn't see anyone posting with the same problem, so I took it upon myself to bring this under your attention. Apologies if I came across as demanding, that was not the intention.

ps. If this is looking like a semi-double post, then it's because I didn't know if my previous message got through or not (dang moderator approval :P).

...And RasterPropMonitor v0.24.0 is now live. The main change, of course, is KSP 1.0.5 compatibility. There are a couple of minor new features, and the included ModuleManager DLL was updated to 2.6.13.

And, no, there is not a new RPM IVA for the new IVA. Those take a lot of time for me to do, and I don't have the time to work on it right now. If someone wants to put together an RPM IVA and share it, I'll include it with the next update. Otherwise, you'll have to wait for me to find a lot of free time.

As you can see from my postcount, i don't often post on here but i play a lot of kerbal and this mod really adds to it.

thanks for releasing/updating this..

I'd like to second that, thanks for releasing the update it's working peachy now!