[1.6.x] RasterPropMonitor - Development Stopped (v0.30.6, 29 December 2018)

MOARdV

8 hours ago, edemlama said:

is it normal that the new MK2 has no monitors?

Yes, it is normal.  Someone has to create the IVA with the new monitors.  If someone wants to create one, I'll be happy to include it, but I am no longer creating new features (including IVA) for RPM.

Hey guys.

I need your help because the mod doesn't work.

I guess it's because I don't have the RasterPropMonitor.dll in the GameData\JSI\RasterPropMonitor\Plugins folder. The problem is that I downloaded the mod directly from https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonito and there is no .dll there neither.

Do you have an idea where it could be? Notice that I've at least the JSI camera in the game... yeah!

Thank for you help!

14 hours ago, IenchGaleu said:

I guess it's because I don't have the RasterPropMonitor.dll in the GameData\JSI\RasterPropMonitor\Plugins folder. The problem is that I downloaded the mod directly from https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonito and there is no .dll there neither.

Do you have an idea where it could be? Notice that I've at least the JSI camera in the game... yeah!

It's a complete guess, but I imagine you've downloaded the source package and not the install package.

On that main page of RPM on Github, you can click on Releases to go to this page:

https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/releases/

The latest version is 0.30.0 and you click on "RasterPropMonitor.0.30.0.zip" to download the install package.

Be sure to clear out the JSI directory of what you put in there before you install, so there's just the contents of the install package.

And if you have issues in the future, you should include logs, perhaps a test craft, and a description of how to recreate your issue.  To find the logs, follow the link in my signature.

On 3/22/2018 at 8:33 AM, MOARdV said:

Yes, it is normal.  Someone has to create the IVA with the new monitors.  If someone wants to create one, I'll be happy to include it, but I am no longer creating new features (including IVA) for RPM.

Regarding the Mk2 command pod RPM IVA: (and Mk1-3)

Oh, I can throw one together in about a week or two. School and work will keep me busy until then. If anyone wants to do it before then, go ahead. Actually, please do. I don't want to get pulled into the rabbit hole of ASET-ifying these just yet. :wink:

hello I write, because I use your mods, which I find very convenient, because against I discover bugs the camera is returned, the navball skins are also returned, scansat mods are also displayed upside down, everything works in reverse, I managed to correct the skins of the navball but not the rest I do not know enough programming to understand what does not work. sorry for my english, I can not master it very well,

Edited by fred2001

4 hours ago, fred2001 said:

hello I write, because I use your mods, which I find very convenient, because against I discover bugs the camera is returned, the navball skins are also returned, scansat mods are also displayed upside down, everything works in reverse, I managed to correct the skins of the navball but not the rest I do not know enough programming to understand what does not work. sorry for my english, I can not master it very well,

I believe the author is aware, there is an issue open on Github for it.

18 hours ago, theonegalen said:

Regarding the Mk2 command pod RPM IVA: (and Mk1-3)

Oh, I can throw one together in about a week or two. School and work will keep me busy until then. If anyone wants to do it before then, go ahead. Actually, please do. I don't want to get pulled into the rabbit hole of ASET-ifying these just yet. :wink:

Given the very high quality of your other IVAs, I'd be delighted if you end up doing this :D

@MOARdV I have some displays flipped horizontally and vertically. Is it a bug?

te2S486.jpg

Take a look at the NavUtilities page and the green "Docking mode" in the center.

NavUtilities just uses RenderTexture with plain GL.

Also I've noticed that when the MFD shows the ATT page, the STDBY button doesn't work, have to switch to some other page and then press STDBY.

Edited by Ser

7oQMAyj.png

https://imgur.com/a/jqmVP

I just re-installed KSP for the latest version (1.4) and many parts of RPM components are backwards, upside down, etc.

I have tried this with no extra mods (Just RPM), and also with ASET cockpits and props. It makes no difference. Can anyone help me figure out how to fix this? Is RPM not compatible with 1.4?

** EDIT*** Reading earlier in this thread I see I'm not alone. Eagerly awaiting a solution. Thanks MoardV for looking into this.

Edited by tanelorn

On 3/31/2018 at 1:05 AM, jack gamer said:

IT SAYS INITIALIZATION ERROR

oops sorry caps

You are going to have to be more specific. How is the mod installed? What does you gamedata folder look like? Did you make sure you have MM 3.0.6? etc..

3 hours ago, BergyBurger said:

Hey I just downloaded the mod and it looks pretty awesome, is there an overhaul for the MK1-3 pod coming soon? :) 

As far as I know, @MOARdV is not working on one. I will probably throw one together after I get through some heavy class work in the next couple of weeks.

Edited by theonegalen

On 31/3/2018 at 6:41 AM, tanelorn said:

7oQMAyj.png

https://imgur.com/a/jqmVP

I just re-installed KSP for the latest version (1.4) and many parts of RPM components are backwards, upside down, etc.

I have tried this with no extra mods (Just RPM), and also with ASET cockpits and props. It makes no difference. Can anyone help me figure out how to fix this? Is RPM not compatible with 1.4?

** EDIT*** Reading earlier in this thread I see I'm not alone. Eagerly awaiting a solution. Thanks MoardV for looking into this.

can i ask just how did you installed the vesselviewer in 1.4, i can't find it anywhere...

Just updated from 1.3.1 to 1.4.2. Went to a saved game space station I had previously built and get this message.

RasterPropMonitor Initialization Error. Check configuration. I wasn't on you latest version for 1.4.1 which seems to have some upside down issues in 1.4.2. I went ahead and took it out until a 1.4.2 release comes in to be safe (after seeing that message. I'm assume ckan will have it when it's ready? Along with Aset Agency which is also set as incompatible.

Edited by MikeO89

I've adjusted the version file to indicate 1.4.2 compatibility.

As for the MFD problem -- I've spent a fair amount of time bashing my head against the keyboard, and I have not found a workaround for the problem.  It appears that something in the update to Unity 2017.1.3 is affecting the y-inversion that Unity used to apply for DX9 and DX11 to account for DirectX's left handed coordinate system.  The problem seems to affect the lower-level calls that RPM uses, since text is not affected.  Since I'm not a Unity expert, I don't know what secret knob I can turn to tell Unity to fix this for me, and I don't have the time and inclination to rewrite all of the affected code in RPM to modernize it to the code paths I use in MAS.

As a workaround, -force-glcore appears to fix the problem on Windows machines.  I assume the problem isn't happening on Linux and Mac, since using OpenGL on Windows doesn't exhibit the problem.

If someone else has the time to dig into the problem, or someone who knows more about Unity knows of something I can do to fix this without rewriting lots of code, I'd appreciate it.

14 hours ago, MOARdV said:

As for the MFD problem -- I've spent a fair amount of time bashing my head against the keyboard, and I have not found a workaround for the problem.  It appears that something in the update to Unity 2017.1.3 is affecting the y-inversion that Unity used to apply for DX9 and DX11 to account for DirectX's left handed coordinate system. 

If someone else has the time to dig into the problem, or someone who knows more about Unity knows of something I can do to fix this without rewriting lots of code, I'd appreciate it.

Yes please, anyone who thinks they can help.. this is a big deal. I, for one, have other issues with OpenGL such as non rendering textures. So I'd really love for RPM to work with the current KSP build. 

In addition to the everything-flipped issue, I installed NavUtiltiies Continued or whatever it's called now, and while that mod works outside of IVA, I can't get it to come up with the NAV button in IVA either.... I also remember there used to be a Mk3 cockpit IVA upgrade that made it useful/usable, but I'll be darned if I can find it anywhere anymore...

10 hours ago, ss8913 said:

In addition to the everything-flipped issue, I installed NavUtiltiies Continued or whatever it's called now, and while that mod works outside of IVA, I can't get it to come up with the NAV button in IVA either.... I also remember there used to be a Mk3 cockpit IVA upgrade that made it useful/usable, but I'll be darned if I can find it anywhere anymore...

i remember there was many types of monitors inside this mod, two of it has wide screen (the one used in stock cockpits and other included one)

i think the second wide screen monitor had one, but not included in the cfg

On 4/8/2018 at 9:56 AM, MOARdV said:

I assume the problem isn't happening on Linux and Mac, since using OpenGL on Windows doesn't exhibit the problem.

I just tested on Linux and macOS, comparing against the screenshot in this post above.  The "docking mode" screen model is still oriented wrong, but the images on the other screens are correct, not flipped vertically.