Camera Shake - Do you use it?

Merinsan

Do you use Camera Shake?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use Camera Shake?

I think it adds atmosphere, though I don't think real rockets do this - surely it'd be a sign things have gone horribly wrong! I just refreshed my memory by watching the shuttle external onboard camera video, and there is no camera shake even at liftoff.

I'm keeping it turned on regardless, I like it and it probably is the Kerbal way.

I like it. This is a rare case of properly added cockpit shake, because it 1) makes sense/visualizes actual forces, and 2) does only happen temporarily in specific circumstances.

Edited by Temeter

The camera shake is a lot of fun. Makes launch, staging, re-enter, you name it. More exciting by adding a sense of danger. This is only reinforced by the knowledge that we have real aero and heating.

I think they should change the algorithm for the cam-float/shake though. Right now, what seems to be happening is, that the camera is pointed at a specific spot on your craft, and the wobble algorithm is applied and thus the shaking occurs with this fixed point as axis/fulcrum. This doesn't make it realistic like a camcorder shot. Camcorder shots are hand-held, thus the person shooting the scene always follows the subject, and there is a DELAY in trying to center the subject. Thus, a good algorithm change would be to have this fixed axis point a moving one, and it will be followed by another point which is the axis of the camera, and there should be lag, so that it would simulate someone's hand/eye lagging behind trying to film a craft and following it so it stays in-frame. I think this is how the XPlane external camera shake is done.

Thinking about turning off Exterior. I like it and all, Love the Interior shaking but external just gets in the way of clicking on experiments and things like that unless you Zoom out.... Which then you can click on your Goo or other experiments if they are in a service bay thing.

Yes, I use it, although it could use improvement. Don't make it less shaky, just make it a bit harder to trigger.

Shake looks fantastic during launches, especially combined with the new smoke effects. Rockets finally feel powerful, instead of feeling like large ovens.

I don't mind it during burns, since I usually burn in mapview anyways.

Just turn on some intense music and it'll make the shake so much better :D

Yup, thats what i always do when playing KSP, especially since 80% of what i do involves shooting stuff, capital ships being exploded, dogfights in DPM, and some form of destruction (although lots of destruction comes from me being a horribly rocket builder that cant make stuff not explode on launch, im only good with capital ships that are Hedited to orbit, or airplanes).

That said, i like the shake, but im not big on the whole swaying especially when you arent actually going fast of pulling any gs. Shake is perfect right now, makes battleship shootouts that much better, but it really sucks to have that constant wobble when flying in atmo. Please give us option to keep shake but disable the wobble.

That said, i usually keep it around 0.5, enough to make a direct hit with a RT-5 (i love those new kinetic missiles they added) actually scary, but also low enough that its not really annoying under normal gameplay.

Edited by panzer1b

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.