Avera9eJoe

[1.3+] WindowShine-v16 - Gold foil update (26 December 17)

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:01 PM, HereComesTheBoom said:

Sooooooo... Does Window Shine ABSOLUTELY NEED Texture Replacer Replaced? Or will it work perfectly fine with Texture Replacer 3.2?

@Avera9eJoe Same question to you. Really who ever answers first.

Yes as @Avera9eJoe said I use TextureReplacer with windowshine 12.4 for ksp 1.2

Edited by Mecripp

hey um @Avera9eJoecould you please fix this glitch please? 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cLQDo8xLfVFDFC-D98wh9ufz1fVfjVXe/view?usp=sharing

It shows the pod translucent on the launch pad. 

Here's the log 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ETeq4QCnN7CCV6WEt6F9NKI3tLSc5iJ8/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Trekkie148

1 hour ago, Trekkie148 said:

hey um @Avera9eJoecould you please fix this glitch please? 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cLQDo8xLfVFDFC-D98wh9ufz1fVfjVXe/view?usp=sharing

It shows the pod translucent on the launch pad. 

Here's the log 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ETeq4QCnN7CCV6WEt6F9NKI3tLSc5iJ8/view?usp=sharing

No I can't because it isn't a big with WindowShine. That's s bug with the reflection plugin from TRR.

1 hour ago, Avera9eJoe said:

No I can't because it isn't a big with WindowShine. That's s bug with the reflection plugin from TRR.

Ok then can you show this to the creator of TRR please

1 hour ago, Trekkie148 said:

Ok then can you show this to the creator of TRR please

He's already aware

Any potential ideas on the issue here? 

I'm running on KSP 1.3.1 with TRR Version 5.4

https://imgur.com/a/GYHUPlm

Edit: It would appear the bug only appears temporarily. Several minutes after launch, the module appears to return to normal.

Edit 2: Nope, I was mistaken, it's still completely shiny.

Edited by Plum_Pudding

On 9/3/2018 at 5:22 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

He's already aware

Just out of curiosity, has he let on whether hes going to update it at all?

edit: sorry, @Spuzzolo_98 already asked. I asked again :sealed:

Edited by Aeroboi

yea this mod is amazing, but in 1.4.5 there is no way to get it to work. I read something about using TextureUnlimited but still I don't know how

1 hour ago, Spuzzolo_98 said:

yea this mod is amazing, but in 1.4.5 there is no way to get it to work. I read something about using TextureUnlimited but still I don't know how

I've read that you can try this on KSP 1.4.5.  Go to the first post of this topic and download Windowshine for KSP 1.2, which is configured to use TextureReplacer instead of TextureReplacerReplaced.  Then use the latest ModuleManager and the latest TextureReplacer.  That's what I'm planning to use when I get to checking it out in the mods I use.

EDIT: Important note:

The install .zip for WindowShine 1.2 for KSP 1.2 contained the top directory "TextureReplacer".  It does indeed appear that that version of WindowShine is a direct mod onto TextureReplacer.

Edited by Jacke

3 hours ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

@Avera9eJoe So TextureReplacer was updated for KSP 1.5, does this mean WindowShine will be able to update now too?

Yes, when I can find time :)

• Like 2

On 10/27/2018 at 4:46 AM, Avera9eJoe said:

Yes, when I can find time :)

can't wait for the update!!

39 minutes ago, JacobTheFoxx said:

Any news on any work on the update? I love this mod.

If there was, it'd be here.

I also love this mod, but we must be patient friend!

• Like 2

I'll note that the windows on the stock parts recolour mod also includes reflective windows. He hasn't finished updating for 1.5 yet, though, so not sure if there are any issues with it there (aside from the obvious new parts).

2 hours ago, Electrocutor said:

I'll note that the windows on the stock parts recolour mod also includes reflective windows. He hasn't finished updating for 1.5 yet, though, so not sure if there are any issues with it there (aside from the obvious new parts).

Huh... I didn't know that actually; I might take a peek :) What's the mod name? "Stock Parts Recolor"?

Edited by Avera9eJoe

1 hour ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Huh... I didn't know that actually; I might take a peek :) What's the mod name? "Stock Parts Recolor"?

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/174188-textures-unlimited-recolour-depot/

Since TU runs on the PBR flow, it just has reflections as a consequence if you make something really shiny.

On 12/28/2018 at 2:06 PM, dxeh said:

This mod allready 1.6 compatible?

Yes from what I hear, you have to install TextureReplacer instead of TextureReplacerReplaced. I haven't had a chance to check myself yet. ;P

i noticed that TR vs TRR issue yes lol.

TRR caused pink windows at my feline rovers, so installed the TexReplace since it has been updated.. That works

Will see if this mod works, and notify here

Edit

Seem to work on helmets, but somehow does not appear on windows. 

mIRogi1.png

Edited by dxeh

Using the windowshine for 1.2 and the latest texture replacer works for stock parts in 1.6, but now reflections in all the additional parts packs don't work. i.e. stationpartsexpansionredux. I tried messing with the configs but I couldn't get anything.

Edited by kostik

18 hours ago, kostik said:

Using the windowshine for 1.2 and the latest texture replacer works for stock parts in 1.6, but now reflections in all the additional parts packs don't work. i.e. stationpartsexpansionredux. I tried messing with the configs but I couldn't get anything.

Reason would probably be that TR and TRR use different shader names in the config, I forget the names but its probably an easy fix? I don't use any of the additional part packs though and my interest is somewhat limited to what I use now :/