[1.10.1+] Contract Pack: Field Research [v1.2.2] [2020-09-20]

nightingale

I'm seeing a bug with this, sadly nothing seems to show up in the console about it:

Field Research contracts, if Offered, are sometimes oscillating every second between visible and not visible (probably because of meeting and then unmeeting requirements somehow). Sometimes, they change between Agencies, too, which looks super weird (similar contract, agency icon and text changes every second).

It's best visible in the all contracts tab.

This is with about a score of -50 negative reputation; I think most of it is related to me sucking at the game - maybe you can test this case?

That happens to me too, and I have about 850 reputation.

Edited by Wyzard

Yes, the flickering of contracts off and on about once every 5 seconds and sometimes changing all around is a known issue.

It's also a known issue that the contract tab size and text size sometimes does and sometimes doesn't comply with UI scaling.

These are issues with the actual CC though and not this particular contract pack, as it happens with all packs.

Edited by Electrocutor

1 hour ago, bolttanker said:

i looked for a ( crystal growth experiment ) but i cant find it 

There is a crystal growth experiment supplied by some of the Wild Blue Industries mods. You'll need to configure an appropriate part as a science lab and load the experiment into one of the available slots (or use the LDEF parts if you have M.O.L.E. installed).

1 hour ago, bolttanker said:

and how do i post said screenshot :P ??

Publish the screenshot on an image sharing website (e.g. imgur.com) then paste the share link into a post here.

4 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

There is a crystal growth experiment supplied by some of the Wild Blue Industries mods. You'll need to configure an appropriate part as a science lab and load the experiment into one of the available slots (or use the LDEF parts if you have M.O.L.E. installed).

Publish the screenshot on an image sharing website (e.g. imgur.com) then paste the share link into a post here.

instaled M.O.L.E :)

i get it not thanks

[Enhancement Request]

All contracts that contain multiple location types should be split into the 3 categories of types instead of being combined. This would match the concept of vessel type: Rover, Aircraft, and Spacecraft. Specifically, landed and splashed should be grouped into a ground contract, flight low and flight high should be grouped into an aircraft contract, and space low and high should be grouped into a spacecraft contract.

My justification for this request is a vehicle created to gather science is usually designed for traversing the ground, air, or space; but rarely all 3.

• 1 month later...

LDEF contracts showing up are surprising to me. I know it's been discussed a few times in this thread but. This contract here: https://i.imgur.com/fVUDy5g.png To do the orbital construction study you have to be in orbit, you process it in a MOLE lab, then you claim it at that point. That's my understanding.

I don't think it's possible to do these. Is there a way to filter out LDEF science from Field Research? Because LDEF has so many projects that it sort of makes Field Research impossible to use.

55 minutes ago, manghoti said:

Is there a way to filter out LDEF science from Field Research?

To get Field Research to ignore certain experiment types you can add a Module Manager patch file to your GameData folder. Copy the below code into a blank text file and save it with a .cfg extension in order to get FR to ignore all WBI experiments:

Spoiler

CC_EXPERIMENT_DEFINITIONS
{
    name = WBILDEF

EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBIBRE
        ignored = true
    }

EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBISAME
        ignored = true
    }

EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBIGravioliWaveExperiment
        ignored = true
    }
	EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBIOrbitalRecon
        ignored = true
    }
	EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBISpaceResearch
        ignored = true
    }
	EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBISpaceAdaptionStudy
        ignored = true
    }
	EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBIPowerToolsEvaluation
        ignored = true
    }
	EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBIConstructionTechniques
        ignored = true
    }
	EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBICrystalGrowth
        ignored = true
    }
	EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBIIceCreamResearch
        ignored = true
    }
	EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBITemperatureStudy
        ignored = true
    }
	EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBIThermalStudy
        ignored = true
    }
	EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBIGooStudy
        ignored = true
    }
	EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBICryogenicResourceStudy
        ignored = true
    }
	EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBILongTermCryogenicMiniStudy
        ignored = true
    }
	EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBISAME
        ignored = true
    }

EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBIMESS
        ignored = true
    }

EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBICryogenicStudy
        ignored = true
    }

EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBILongTermCryogenicStudy
        ignored = true
    }

EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBICryogenicRadiationStudy
        ignored = true
    }

EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBISurfaceConstructionStudy
        ignored = true
    }

EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBISoilAnalysis
        ignored = true
    }

EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBIMetallurgyAnalysis
        ignored = true
    }

EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBIChemicalAnalysis
        ignored = true
    }

EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBIExtractionAnalysis
        ignored = true
    }

}

PS: to fix the blank agent names that appear in some contracts you can use the following MM patch:

Spoiler

@AGENT:HAS[~title[]]
{
	&title = #$name$
}

• 2 weeks later...

I have an issue with this mod and GPP: The contract "Help a scientist perform experiments at ..." mentions that i should help "Agalong Kerman" perform experiments on Iota. The scientist that spawned was Agalong at first, but after a short while it got renamed to "Asgela Gaelan", because in GPP those arent Kerbals, but Gaelans ;-)

Now when i launch a vessel with Asgela on Board, the contract still says that Agalong should perform the experiments and it does not display Agalong as "on board". So this basically blocks me from finishing this contract.

Hope there is a solution to this :-)

• 1 month later...

Question for all:
I have a Field research contract to conduct Plant Growth study whilst landed at; KSC, Mission Control, Astronaut Complex and R&D building.
I built a rover in the SPH and have used the Mk 2 Research/Science Lab and Plant Growth container. From there I drove it out to the required locations and tried to start the research..it didnt work. The Plant Growth Container while selecting "start research" just replied with = Not In Space...Too Boring.

I have been trying to complete this contract for days, does anyone have any suggestions on a solution. What type of craft to build, specifically what science parts I need.

I would rather complete the contract rather than ditch it. All help will be greatly appreciated.

10 hours ago, Newbinator said:

Question for all:
I have a Field research contract to conduct Plant Growth study whilst landed at; KSC, Mission Control, Astronaut Complex and R&D building.
I built a rover in the SPH and have used the Mk 2 Research/Science Lab and Plant Growth container. From there I drove it out to the required locations and tried to start the research..it didnt work. The Plant Growth Container while selecting "start research" just replied with = Not In Space...Too Boring.

I have been trying to complete this contract for days, does anyone have any suggestions on a solution. What type of craft to build, specifically what science parts I need.

I would rather complete the contract rather than ditch it. All help will be greatly appreciated.

I'm having the same issue. Question: do you have Kerbal Planetary Base Systems installed? I think the experiment they're asking us to perform is a science experiment from the Greenhouse part.

The Greenhouse part is pretty damn big, though - it won't fit on any sensible rover. I suppose you could use TweakScale to make the part smaller.

I've already tried using an MM patch to remove the experiment from the part, but it didn't seem to work. If anybody could explain why this doesn't work, I'd be grateful:

@PART[KKAOSS_Greenhouse_g]:Final
{
    !MODULE[ModuleScienceExperiment] {}
}

The other option seems to be getting CC to ignore the experiment. I'm going to try this patch now, and see if it works:

{
    name = PlanetaryBaseInc

EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = KPBS_plantgrowthstudy
        ignored = true
    }
}

---

Edit: that CC patch seems to prevent the contract getting offered for me. If you've already accepted it, you may need to cheat or cancel the cotnract.

Edited by UnanimousCoward

18 hours ago, UnanimousCoward said:

I'm having the same issue. Question: do you have Kerbal Planetary Base Systems installed? I think the experiment they're asking us to perform is a science experiment from the Greenhouse part.

The Greenhouse part is pretty damn big, though - it won't fit on any sensible rover. I suppose you could use TweakScale to make the part smaller.

I've already tried using an MM patch to remove the experiment from the part, but it didn't seem to work. If anybody could explain why this doesn't work, I'd be grateful:

@PART[KKAOSS_Greenhouse_g]:Final
{
    !MODULE[ModuleScienceExperiment] {}
}

The other option seems to be getting CC to ignore the experiment. I'm going to try this patch now, and see if it works:

{
    name = PlanetaryBaseInc

EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = KPBS_plantgrowthstudy
        ignored = true
    }
}

---

Edit: that CC patch seems to prevent the contract getting offered for me. If you've already accepted it, you may need to cheat or cancel the cotnract.

I will give it a go, thanks mate

• 5 weeks later...

Hello there people. I am in the process of finishing a contract by this pack, but I seem to either have got myself a bug or I just can't understand what it wants me to do.

The mods I use are here and the contract is asking me for Visual Observation. At first I thought it was the Orbital Telescope, but obviously I can't use that while landed, so I failed with that. I tried EVA, crew report, taking a rock sample and planting a flag, but sadly no dice. Lifting off a bit to do any of these, does not fulfill the condition either, but of course if I do, I lose the landed situation.

Anyone can help me? :(

1 hour ago, weltall_of_id said:

Hello there people. I am in the process of finishing a contract by this pack, but I seem to either have got myself a bug or I just can't understand what it wants me to do.

The mods I use are here and the contract is asking me for Visual Observation. At first I thought it was the Orbital Telescope, but obviously I can't use that while landed, so I failed with that. I tried EVA, crew report, taking a rock sample and planting a flag, but sadly no dice. Lifting off a bit to do any of these, does not fulfill the condition either, but of course if I do, I lose the landed situation.

Anyone can help me? :(

Do you have Nertea's SSPXR installed? If so, the visual observation is probably the one that you have to do via putting a scientist in a particular cupola part.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the great mod! On the first page of this thread you mention there is not currently a way to disable certain contracts. Is this still the case?

Also, I noticed you said something about adjusting the requirements for contracts to show up. I'm trying to disable the KSC science contracts, but I'm not sure what to change in the .cfg file. Is it something from these lines?

DATA
    {
        type = List<ScienceSubject>

hidden = true

scienceSubjectsTemp1 = AllScienceSubjectsByBiomeExperiment(@biomes, @experiments)
        scienceSubjects = @scienceSubjectsTemp1.Where(s => s.CollectedScience() == 0.0).Random(4)
    }

REQUIREMENT
    {
        type = Expression

title = Must have valid experiments to run at KSC.

expression = @/scienceSubjects.Count() == 4
    }

1 hour ago, Kwebib said:

Thanks for the great mod! On the first page of this thread you mention there is not currently a way to disable certain contracts. Is this still the case?

Still the case, but that was before the new UI where all contracts are always available.  So it's less of an issue, since it won't block you from receiving another contract.

1 hour ago, Kwebib said:

Also, I noticed you said something about adjusting the requirements for contracts to show up. I'm trying to disable the KSC science contracts, but I'm not sure what to change in the .cfg file. Is it something from these lines?

DATA
    {
        type = List<ScienceSubject>

hidden = true

scienceSubjectsTemp1 = AllScienceSubjectsByBiomeExperiment(@biomes, @experiments)
        scienceSubjects = @scienceSubjectsTemp1.Where(s => s.CollectedScience() == 0.0).Random(4)
    }

REQUIREMENT
    {
        type = Expression

title = Must have valid experiments to run at KSC.

expression = @/scienceSubjects.Count() == 4
    }

Yup, you can delete that file or change the 4 to a different number and it'll break the contract and make it unavailable.  Bonus points if you do something clever with Module Manager so upgrades don't break your change.

Sweet, thanks. My programming knowledge is rudimentary (MATLAB is about it). The line under DATA is saying to include 4 random experiments in the contract, and the line under REQUIREMENT is saying you must have at least 4 experiments available for the line under DATA to pick at random. Is that correct?

7 hours ago, Kwebib said:

Sweet, thanks. My programming knowledge is rudimentary (MATLAB is about it). The line under DATA is saying to include 4 random experiments in the contract, and the line under REQUIREMENT is saying you must have at least 4 experiments available for the line under DATA to pick at random. Is that correct?

Exactly.  It's meant to be a check so that if there were less than 4 experiments available the contract is not valid/available.

• 1 month later...
On 6/1/2015 at 2:11 PM, nightingale said:

Field Research - Get paid to do science!

<snip>

Another update for you @nightingale - Links to forums threads and user profiles all updated for you to copy/paste. I left the links to external sites alone. So you are aware - I added a little comment about the new maintainer of the Historian mod in case you want to remove it.

Edited by wile1411

• 2 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 12:38 AM, Aelfhe1m said:

To get Field Research to ignore certain experiment types you can add a Module Manager patch file to your GameData folder. Copy the below code into a blank text file and save it with a .cfg extension in order to get FR to ignore all WBI experiments:

Reveal hidden contents

{
    name = WBILDEF

EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBIBRE
        ignored = true
    }

EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBISAME
        ignored = true
    }

EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBIGravioliWaveExperiment
        ignored = true
    }
	EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBIOrbitalRecon
        ignored = true
    }
	EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBISpaceResearch
        ignored = true
    }
	EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBISpaceAdaptionStudy
        ignored = true
    }
	EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBIPowerToolsEvaluation
        ignored = true
    }
	EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBIConstructionTechniques
        ignored = true
    }
	EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBICrystalGrowth
        ignored = true
    }
	EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBIIceCreamResearch
        ignored = true
    }
	EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBITemperatureStudy
        ignored = true
    }
	EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBIThermalStudy
        ignored = true
    }
	EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBIGooStudy
        ignored = true
    }
	EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBICryogenicResourceStudy
        ignored = true
    }
	EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBILongTermCryogenicMiniStudy
        ignored = true
    }
	EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBISAME
        ignored = true
    }

EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBIMESS
        ignored = true
    }

EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBICryogenicStudy
        ignored = true
    }

EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBILongTermCryogenicStudy
        ignored = true
    }

EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBICryogenicRadiationStudy
        ignored = true
    }

EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBISurfaceConstructionStudy
        ignored = true
    }

EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBISoilAnalysis
        ignored = true
    }

EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBIMetallurgyAnalysis
        ignored = true
    }

EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBIChemicalAnalysis
        ignored = true
    }

EXPERIMENT
    {
        name = WBIExtractionAnalysis
        ignored = true
    }

}

PS: to fix the blank agent names that appear in some contracts you can use the following MM patch:

Reveal hidden contents

@AGENT:HAS[~title[]]
{
	&title = #$name$
}

For some reason these contracts seem to have returned in my game KSP 1.4.4 .2215 

Is there some new way to exclude the contracts or is it because of 1.4.4 breaking something?

Also I am getting contracts that can not be done from this part.

@PART[mk1pod] 
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = Kemini_Module

abbreviation = Kemini Science Experiment
		minimumCrew = 1

NE_LabEquipmentSlot
		{
			type = KEMINI
		}
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = ExperimentStorage
		identifier = Kemini 1
		chanceTexture = false
		type = KEMINI
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = ExperimentStorage
		identifier = Kemini 2
		chanceTexture = false
		type = KEMINI
	}
}

• 3 months later...

Asking for help with the following contract. Note - This is one part of four whereby the other three were pretty clear

Collect science

Situation: Landed

Experiment: Biome Research

Recovery: Recover or Transmit

From what I have deduced, or what I find after eliminating the obvious, is that there is at least one item that will collect "biome research" as an experiment rather than completing an experiment within a particular biome, which as you know is the norm (as in the latter). However, I am at a loss as to the identity of the item (as a part) in question. In the interim of waiting for a viable response, I will dig through the .cfg files to see if it indicates any insight accordingly. 

Kind regards,

:ph34r:G

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.