ISS 1.1.2 development thread

Mike-NZ

ok its uploaded to github. haven't tested pma. too tired now... 3am.

also I made it so destiny has inbuilt docks at each end and of course at the side for S0.

but atleast I got a few things fixed...

more tomorrow

oh and I added the nodes to quest and columbus

so that inbuild dock on the bottom of z1 will connect to another dock from another module.

inbuild dock ontop of z1 should dock straight to a truss (they have inbuilt docks)

have only got as far as s1 for now.

night.

Well, that was strange.

I launched and docked Destiny with no problems. I detached the destroyed the launch vehicle debris.

Then I launched the Quest. Docked fine, detached and destroyed the launch vehicle debris, then switched back to the station.

And then everything went black.

I switched back to the space center view... and Kerbin is GONE!

Back to square one, I guess...

Looks like it might be a problem with Rassvet. built iss in the sph one piece at a time, launching it to the runway after each piece.... no problem until i added rassvet. next ill try launching just rassvet as a test.. will report back with results

Update:

Yep, its rassvet. Launched just rassvet and kerbin ran away....

Strange. Mine was fine with Rassvet. It was only after docking Quest that mine went away.

Let me load up and check...

EDIT: You're absolutely right. Let me check Quest alone...

Hmm... I guess I have to COMPLETELY quit out of KSP. Deleting and starting a new game doesn't bring the planet back.

SECOND EDIT: Did you reapply the Soviet Pack Compatibility Patch? I didn't, and that might be what caused it.

Edited by AdmiralSirJohn

Nope. That was definitely not it. Let me try with MIR's version...

UPDATE: The MIR (Orange) version works properly. The ISS (White) version causes the glitch.

BTW, how do I get that - - - Updated - - - tag to show?

Edited by AdmiralSirJohn

Okay.

There may be a companion glitch in Quest. I tried your "build in SPH and launch from runway" test with it, and it immediately acted like it was in time acceleration, even though it wasn't. (Jiggles, animation locked, etc.)

- - - Updated - - -

As for the Rassvet/MIR Port, that has me stumped, since they use the same model. Only the texturing is different.

- - - Updated - - -

Though I did notice that Rassvet loads up crewed, while the MIR Port version loads empty (though the seats are there).

Probably a difference in the config file

- - - Updated - - -

It appears the mir-port docking bug is still present. With the full station in orbit, I cant dock to the aft of zvesda, but when i launch a station without the truss segments, i can dock to the aft of zvesda without a problem.

I found another problem. The Pirs/Poisk decoupler will not attach to the Soyuz/Progress service module. However, they will attach directly to the Soyuz decoupler, so it's still launchable that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Could it be P/S3/4 or P/S6? There may be something about the solar panels or rotation that screw things up.

I just finished more testing, it appears the problem is the solar arrays themselves. I launched ISS with everything but the solar arrays themselves, and i could dock with no problem. then i built a tiny little probe, docked with it no problem, then relaunched the same probe, this time with the solar array, and i couldn't dock to it. The problem is the ISS Solar Arrays

- - - Updated - - -

I found something else. I put the whole station in orbit, then launched my two docking test probes and put them within 200m of station, and i couldnt dock them. Which means one of two things things: the glitch with the solar arrays prevents docking within the 200m sphere, or the lag caused by the solar arrays prevents docking. either way, it seems to be the solar arrays causing the problem.

I'll try that right now

- - - Updated - - -

tried it, couldn't dock. I'll try it again without the solar arrays. I'll keep p6, ill just take off the solars.

- - - Updated - - -

tried it without solars, but kept p6. docked just fine. The solars are the only thing that changed... to be clear, I'm talking about the ISS Truss S3/SP Sail solar arrays

- - - Updated - - -

I've been testing all this in RSS, so I'm going to jump over to stock and test it again to see if it's any different.

- - - Updated - - -

tried the same test in stock: without Solar Sail I can dock, with it I can't. Simple as that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.