maculator

[1.4.X] Science - Full reward!

Science - Full reward! READY FOR 1.4.X!!!

What it does:

• Some experiments require you to do them multiple times at the same location to max out your science gain.
  • If you, like me, don't want to do it this way this mod is for you. It just makes you get the 100% science-reward the first time you do the experiment.

But only if you recover it. This mod does not get rid of the penalty for transmitting data, it only affects the execution of an experiment.

Here is what it does "in action"; Fresh game, first time on the launchpad, full green bar:xN7DxzK.png

Needs: Modulemanager

Download/Source:
Download from Spacedock

Source on Github

Thanks to @Malah and the guys from the ckan IRC it is now in the repository, thanks alot.

Changelog:

-Cleaned up post

-Ready for Ksp 1.4.X and ongoing I guess

-Ready for KSP 1.3.1, Mod Version is now 3.0, better late than never :/

-Ready for KSP 1.2, Mod Version is now 2.1

-Added download for "kickstart.cfg"

-Removed "unlock" option and made it a seperate .cfg + roverwheels

Edited by maculator
1.4.1 and clean up of post

Should've named this "One and Done" :)

It's not actually working for the Materials Bay. I'll take a look at the MM config.

screenshot107_zpstp5dznof.png

Oh I must admit, since it took a while to figure out how it works I didnt test everything... sorry ill have a look when im home

Edited by maculator

This looks awesome! I'm mostly through the tech tree already, but I'll keep this one in mind for my next save.

Alright, I found the mistake. Im sorry but i have literally no experience in anything related to modding.

Just a little trivia: It took me 3h to throw those ~50 word of coding together. i looked into other MM configs and did it the bruteforce style. But since it is so small there shouldnt be much space for further faults.

By the way i got a number wrong that was all...

Edited by maculator
googled "synonym for mistake"

Good idea. In theory the idea of being able to do experiments multiple times in a single biome makes sense, until you realize that many people will want 100% of the science or else feel like they left stuff behind. This is a great way of making sure that doesn't happen.

Awesome! Thanks, love it. Always kind of bugged me...

In terms of your questions, does this post help? I'm not an MM expert but I believe the # notation, something like

%baseValue = #$scienceCap$

might be what you're after.

Awesome! Thanks, love it. Always kind of bugged me...

In terms of your questions, does this post help? I'm not an MM expert but I believe the # notation, something like

might be what you're after.

Thanks a lot it worked.

Would you get togeather with CKAN for this?

I thought ticking the "publish on ckan" on kerbalstuff would do. They might need a day or two. gotta be patient, I put this up a few houers ago.

So its not done by ticking the ckan on kerbalstuff. But I managed to put it on right now yo just sit back and wait for it to show up!

since you are using the variable thing with MM now, could you just write:

@EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION[*]:
{
}

Then your patch would hit all the non-stock stuff also.

AZAB I just put the ZIP together, because I too had this idea when I changed to variables.

Now its going to be the smallest plugin ever...

Hoi:)

This is still not on CKAN btw. At least i cant find it. Sorry to be a ..... about it.

Everything is done. Its on its way to the index, just a few houers and it should show.

Edited by maculator

Nice little mod :) showing on ckan now as well.

What a good idea. It also bugged me that you sometimes have to make multiple trips for the same info.

I suspect I know the answer to this question, but I shall ask anyway: Does this mod work retroactively for experiments I have run, or will it only affect new ones?

I suspect I know the answer to this question, but I shall ask anyway: Does this mod work retroactively for experiments I have run, or will it only affect new ones?

I suspect that you suspectet correct in the first place :( it only changes the general values while doing an experiment. Whats done is not affected

I always wondered why did SQUAD do that to expreiments in first place? Before crew members got their roles it worked just like in this mod.