Galactic Neighborhood

Sigma88

I see. I hope the dev can fix it. I got this mod working with my other mods plus all the planet packs except for GPP. However, arkas doesn't work with EvE and scatterer causes some weird effects in the game. I'm not sure why GPP won't work with this mod. It causes the game not to load. All the other planet packs work fine.

Edited by InfluentialDiscovery
Grammar

38 minutes ago, InfluentialDiscovery said:

I see. I hope the dev can fix it. I got this mod working with my other mods plus all the planet packs except for GPP. However, arkas doesn't work with EvE and scatterer causes some weird effects in the game. I'm sure why GPP won't work with this mod. It causes the game not to load. All the other planet packs work fine.

Did you install the GPP_Textures? That would cause the game not to load if you didn't. See the install instructions for GPP to find the link.

Edited by Galileo

10 minutes ago, InfluentialDiscovery said:

I put GPP_Textures into the GPP folder. The GPP folder was in GameData along with GalacticNeighborhood, Kopernicus, ModularFlightIntegrator,  ModuleManager.2.8.1.dll and, of course, Squad.

Can you run GPP without GN?

12 minutes ago, InfluentialDiscovery said:

I put GPP_Textures into the GPP folder. The GPP folder was in GameData along with GalacticNeighborhood, Kopernicus, ModularFlightIntegrator,  ModuleManager.2.8.1.dll and, of course, Squad.

it might be an issue with my code, I'll take a look tonight

if you could provide me with a bug report (for instructions click on my nyan cat) it will help a lot

(make sure you have the simplest installation possible, just GN + requirements + GPP folder and GPP_Textures)

Edited by Sigma88

2 minutes ago, InfluentialDiscovery said:

Just tested. Yes, it's working without Galactic Neighborhood.

which means it's most likely a GN issue, I'll take a look tonight

if you could provide the files listed in my signature nyan cat it would help a great deal :)

Edited by Sigma88

5 minutes ago, InfluentialDiscovery said:

Here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ltx26w265jtb5h/Info.rar?dl=0

I couldn't find output_log.txt.

there are no apparent errors, I have no idea what is going wrong to be honest

all planets load fine as far as I can tell, and shoul orbit Ciro

are you seeing all stars except Ciro?

ah wait, I might know what is going wrong

try adding this cfg anywhere inside gamedata:

@Kopernicus:FINAL
{
	@Body[Gael]
	{
		@Template
		{
			!removePQSMods = DEL
		}
		!PQS {}
	}
}

if I'm right, this is a Kopernicus bug that makes KSP freak out when you use more than one Kerbin template

Edited by Sigma88

5 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Galileo @Sigma88 Perhaps the disagreement is due to Gael using cbNameLater? In any case I may have an answer to this. I'll test it in a couple of hours.

no because my cfg takes care of that, it copies gael so that it doesn't have a cbnamelater and has name=gael

so it must be something else, but I will need to test it on my own pc to understand what's breaking because from the files provided I could see no errors at all

Who wants to play in the KSP with mods GN + EVE + Scatterer cases like this:

1. Put mods in Directory KSP
 -GalacticNeighborhood
 -Kopernicus
 -EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
 -EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-Configs
 -scatterer
2 Delete "shadows.cfg" in dir: \GameData\BoulderCo
3 Open file: \GameData\scatterer\config\planetsList.cfg
 -Find then rename "mainSunCelestialBody = Sun" to "mainSunCelestialBody = StockSun" all line in document.
4 Go \GameData\scatterer\config\Sunflares
 -Rename file and folder (Sun - StockSun)
5 Open "StockSun.cfg"
 -Need rename "sun" to "StockSun" in line 3 and 6
6 Start game
7 In menu, push OFF then ON in GIU Scatterer "Alternate SQRT in shader"
8 Playing!

P.S. Sorry my English

See imgur

https://imgur.com/a/JxKwJ

Edited by taty095

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed that when in timewarp above the stars added in by GN base (haven't checked planet pack stars), the ship will start to rotate as it orbits the star. Is this a known issue?

Edit: No other mods installed btw, just GN.

Edit 2: Okay it's not just the stars. When GN is loaded, using timewarp while orbiting anything causes everything to move weirdly. The craft rotates rapidly, all the planets seem to drift off their orbit lines, everything just goes wrong.

Edited by Sahadara

3 hours ago, Sahadara said:

I've noticed that when in timewarp above the stars added in by GN base (haven't checked planet pack stars), the ship will start to rotate as it orbits the star. Is this a known issue?

Edit: No other mods installed btw, just GN.

Edit 2: Okay it's not just the stars. When GN is loaded, using timewarp while orbiting anything causes everything to move weirdly. The craft rotates rapidly, all the planets seem to drift off their orbit lines, everything just goes wrong.

Are you using hyperedit to put the crafts in orbit?

EDIT: this sounds like a hyperedit issue, when you HE straight from landed to orbit, sometimes timewarping has this effect on your craft.

to check if this is the issue you should try quicksaving / quickloading after you put the craft in orbit

alternatively, this might be an issue linked to how kerbin has to be reparented in ksp, try to put the craft in orbit around a planet which is not kerbin (like duna for example), then save/load, then timewarp. the issue should not happen if you do that

Edited by Sigma88

6 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

Are you using hyperedit to put the crafts in orbit?

EDIT: this sounds like a hyperedit issue, when you HE straight from landed to orbit, sometimes timewarping has this effect on your craft.

to check if this is the issue you should try quicksaving / quickloading after you put the craft in orbit

alternatively, this might be an issue linked to how kerbin has to be reparented in ksp, try to put the craft in orbit around a planet which is not kerbin (like duna for example), then save/load, then timewarp. the issue should not happen if you do that

Ah. I am indeed using Hyperedit for testing. I will try what you suggested then get back to you.

Not 100% sure if this is the right place to ask this so sorry if not. I'm running GN with GPP and OPM, but I want OPM to be in the Kerbol system rather than in its own system. I managed to do this in the configs, but I can't seem to get Eeloo to orbit Sarnus, it gets placed in its normal orbit. The OPM configs place it in Sarnus orbit and I can't find any other configs modifying its orbit. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Edit: I fixed it. Just had to make OPM's MM patch apply after Galactic Neighborhood, and was using the wrong name to reference it.

Edited by Sahadara

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.