"Eve: Order Zero" -- a KSP Graphic Novel (POSTLUDE COMPLETE...bet you didn't see THAT coming.)

Oh no! Our heroes! Whatever will become of them?

I expect that the Kerbahashi Maru scenario frequently wreaks havoc on ...

Well, 'nuff said.

Oh yeah, Jeb was totally in character when he said "Whee. I love this part." on the previous page. :)

Happy landings!

I've been reading Duna Ore Bust as well as this one for months now - Loving it so far! Keep up the good work, Kuzzter! You never cease to entertain me even in the darkest of days. :D
Thank you! And I hope the days are never too dark. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Well, that starship was apparently "made from Explodium" :D I wonder if future constructors put explosives inside the computers to provide copious explosions everytime said computer is poked LOL
You're not far off the mark, at least for this simulator. Shout-out to the makers of TAC Self Destruct, and to Geschosskopf for bringing this fantastic mod to my attention :D

- - - Updated - - -

I expect that the Kerbahashi Maru scenario frequently wreaks havoc on ... Well, 'nuff said.

Oh yeah, Jeb was totally in character when he said "Whee. I love this part." on the previous page. :)

Certainly true as far as his attitude! But "this part" refers to "this part in the simulation we already did five times today". That could have been clearer. :) Anyway, who knew Bill had such commitment to the actor's craft? And that he could be-- such-- a large-- HAAAAAMMMMMM!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, i have a request: can you put someone singing "Press Gang" in? Preferably one of Kerbfleet's "recruits" rescued from space :D
That's a good one! No promises when it will show up, but I have that one stored in the "future joke" file now, thanks!

And by the way, today's panels are brought to you by the following tropes:

Made of Explodium

No Seat Belts

Screen Shake

The Bridge

Nooooooo!!!!!

And, for poor Mr. Dilsby, the Heroic BSOD

Edited by Kuzzter

Cut to Khan Kermin marooned on Eve 0.90 plotting his epic revenge on Valentina.

OOH! I got it.

(cutscene) (new Kerbanaut) and Bob are kneeling on the floor in a large container marooned on Vall. Kahn is in front of them, wearing a battered spacesuit. Surrounding them all is various other Kerbals, all wearing tattered remains of old spacesuits.

-Kahn moves towards the new Recruit, looks him over carefully, and replies "I don't know you."

-Kahn then moves towards Bob, looks at him, smiles, and says "But YOU? I never forget a face....Bob Kerman. I never thought I'd ever see you again."

Edited by GDJ

Cut to Khan Kerman marooned on Eve 0.90 plotting his epic revenge on Valentina.

He'd have to be some kind of modded superkerbal from a previous verion. And he would have to look nothing like Benedict Cumberbatch.

- - - Updated - - -

OOH! I got it.

(cutscene) (new Kerbanaut) and Bob are kneeling on the floor in a large container marooned on Vall. Kahn is in front of them, wearing a battered spacesuit. Surrounding them all is various other Kerbals, all wearing tattered remains of old spacesuits.

-Kahn moves towards the new Recruit, looks him over carefully, and replies "I don't know you."

-Kahn then moves towards Bob, looks at him, smiles, and says "But YOU? I never forget a face....Bob Kerman. I never thought I'd ever see you again."

I like it! Totally not going to go that way, but I do like it!

- - - Updated - - -

No :). I note in the last pic you still have several unexploded bombs on the roof of the simulator......

Whoops, you're right! I guess I reverted to get that shot and forgot to re-explode the charges. Well, maybe they've already been reset for the next lucky cadet.

- - - Updated - - -

Too much fun. "Snacks, Mister Dilsby." :) Great line.

Thanks! "Jool doesn't take prisoners." just didn't seem to fit :)

Ah well. Just a fun idea.

IMHO, the whole Kahn Kerman idea is fun, but how to implement that into a existing storyline would be difficult.

Besides, for the timeline to work, you would have to include Insular Airfield (the island runway) which predated the KSP space centre by a few years.

I really don't know how you make the island look new again for the story.

The idea of a rocket engine pointed at a bunch of kerbals for simulated effects is so... kerbal. :D

"Hollywood only uses electric fans for their special effects. Real kerbals use rocket engines." :P

The idea of a rocket engine pointed at a bunch of kerbals for simulated effects is so... kerbal. :D

"Hollywood only uses electric fans for their special effects. Real kerbals use rocket engines." :P

I still remember how Kuzzter asked me to include pyro effects into my Kerbal Stage.

v3U4Xyi.png

Hehe.

I still remember how Kuzzter asked me to include pyro effects into my Kerbal Stage.

Well, it needed to be one louder, and that brought your stage to 11 :D

- - - Updated - - -

It was really the only way to do it. I could make one of them go ragdoll, but once that kerbal was not the active 'ship' he would immediately stand up--and I needed to make the simulator active to set off explosions etc. You guys have no idea what I went through to bring you this cinematic masterpiece :D

But anyway, time to wrap it up--at this point the interlude is nearly as long as the first chapter!

UyszJEj.png

Edited by Kuzzter

Ah well. Just a fun idea.

IMHO, the whole Kahn Kerman idea is fun, but how to implement that into a existing storyline would be difficult.

Besides, for the timeline to work, you would have to include Insular Airfield (the island runway) which predated the KSP space centre by a few years.

I really don't know how you make the island look new again for the story.

It's already been foreshadowed by Wernher from the first page. "Temporal anomaly; beta particles"

Edited by Edax

It's already been foreshadowed by Wernher from the first page. "Temporal anomaly; beta particles"

Ha, i hadn't thought of that, it could work! I put that on Pg1 to lampshade the fact I was talking about not being able to return from Eve surface and I still had the Eve Rocks badge in my sig. But now that you mention it...

- - - Updated - - -

It's Khan...As in: KHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN!!! :D

i thought we were talking about the equally dangerous and superhuman Madeline KAAAAAAAAHHHHN?

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly had no idea it was "hollywood". :sealed:

If so, are you the one person on KSP who has not seen "Wrath of Kahn"... er, Khan? Get thee to Netflix (or local equivalent) immediately!

This written from a hammock on the shores of Lake Ontario. Yes, life is hard for poor Kuzzter. Will be back playing and posting after the weekend :)

i thought we were talking about the equally dangerous and superhuman Madeline KAAAAAAAAHHHHN?

Yeah, she's the most dangerous being in the universe. :P

We'll be back with updates soon gang--just have to finish a little business with this rock in LKO before warping to the next Eve mission maneuver node.

wumrMVO.png

The new Kranefly turned out to be that "bigger boat" we needed to properly wrangle a Class E rock. This one somehow got captured into a very elliptical polar orbit around Kerbin naturally, likely due to munar influence. Over a series of long burns managed to shift it to an equatorial track, and am now settling it into a circular orbit maybe 5-6 million km up. Guess I'll build a base on it after that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.