Acea

[WIP][1.6.x_TEMPORARY FIX] NAS - Naval Artillery System 0.7.0 (BDAc Addon, WW2 Naval Weapons) - "Land of Dragon" - 2018/4/28

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, TwinKerbal said:

A couple things about torpedoes.  First, why do they sink half the time?  Second, is there supposed to be an aiming circle or something like in WoWs?  Third, why do they keep following the mouse after deactivated?  

Thanks to the new BDArmory torpedo update torpedoes have been broken and need a new module/class overhaul.

The deactivation bug happens also with other turrets from just BDArmory, so you might want to check that out first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can the 5" Mk12 have a higher max exgagement range? It's a little bit annoying to patch up sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ColonelVInnie said:

Thanks to the new BDArmory torpedo update torpedoes have been broken and need a new module/class overhaul.

The deactivation bug happens also with other turrets from just BDArmory, so you might want to check that out first.

TY for answer.  When is the class overhaul?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, TwinKerbal said:

TY for answer.  When is the class overhaul?

Likely the next NAS update, but depends on Acea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drop another pics  today...
 

Spoiler

Glory class destroyer (USS Fletcher replica)

HYblUHJ.png

qam9iy5.png

Spoiler

Bear class cruiser (IJN Kuma replica)

MI29jAo.png

TkAjZyO.png

Spoiler

Conjonction class battleship (IJN Ise replica)

6Vj8bWC.png

WygGU66.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017/8/14 at 5:53 AM, TwinKerbal said:

A couple things about torpedoes.  First, why do they sink half the time?  Second, is there supposed to be an aiming circle or something like in WoWs?  Third, why do they keep following the mouse after deactivated?  

Sorry I've been away for quite a while. We still need a while to get all those troublesome new models done, so there doesn't seem to be an update very soon.

However I'd be pleased to provide a fixed plugin:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tneh9xujargvxs2/ASW.dll?dl=0

Replace the existing plugin with this, which should solve the torpedo issues and have fun!

On 2017/8/12 at 2:54 AM, Swordmaster said:

I have a question regarding new weapons.

Would it be possible to add in the quad 40mm Bofors AA mounts used on USN vessels during WWII? Linking example images

NOTE: Images taken in-game from World of Warships, made by Wargaming.

40mm Bofors MK2:

  Reveal hidden contents

k5phxA4.png

40mm Bofors MK2 (Shielded):

  Reveal hidden contents

DRrD0NE.png

 

That's a nice idea. In fact we're actually working on it:

5be45fd8d8a8eda3f5f225cbd6d985a4.jpg

We still need some time to get it done and polish all the details, it would come in the next version, just not now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to have different mounts of the same gun to work as one weapon system? Like the German 150 mm destroyer guns-- 3x1+1x2 (looks really similar to the British 4p5 to me) and others like the Pensacola class heavy cruiser 2x2+3x3 configuration? Part clipping works but I hope there is a more natural solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ColonelVInnie said:

Is there a way to have different mounts of the same gun to work as one weapon system? Like the German 150 mm destroyer guns-- 3x1+1x2 (looks really similar to the British 4p5 to me) and others like the Pensacola class heavy cruiser 2x2+3x3 configuration? Part clipping works but I hope there is a more natural solution.

Seems not... I hope that would work too, but currently there's nothing we can do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2017 at 0:51 AM, Acea said:

Sorry I've been away for quite a while. We still need a while to get all those troublesome new models done, so there doesn't seem to be an update very soon.

However I'd be pleased to provide a fixed plugin:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tneh9xujargvxs2/ASW.dll?dl=0

Replace the existing plugin with this, which should solve the torpedo issues and have fun!

That's a nice idea. In fact we're actually working on it:

5be45fd8d8a8eda3f5f225cbd6d985a4.jpg

We still need some time to get it done and polish all the details, it would come in the next version, just not now.

Wait... Where do I put the downloaded file? And would it fix the turret glitch? Cause my turrents from BD armory and NAS are not firing.

EDIT: Nevermind. I figured it out. Though my Aster missiles are not working properly in the type 45 VLS launchers. The Aster 15 missiles often get stuck and blow up my ship. The Aster 30 missiles don't even fire unless I right click them and do it manually. 

Edited by Floorpancake
Solved previous question. Added new glitch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Floorpancake said:

Wait... Where do I put the downloaded file? And would it fix the turret glitch? Cause my turrents from BD armory and NAS are not firing.

EDIT: Nevermind. I figured it out. Though my Aster missiles are not working properly in the type 45 VLS launchers. The Aster 15 missiles often get stuck and blow up my ship. The Aster 30 missiles don't even fire unless I right click them and do it manually. 

Those parts are not contents of NAS AFAIK, this is a WWII weapon pack after all, I guess there's something wrong other than our plugin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Floorpancake said:

Wait... Where do I put the downloaded file? And would it fix the turret glitch? Cause my turrents from BD armory and NAS are not firing.

EDIT: Nevermind. I figured it out. Though my Aster missiles are not working properly in the type 45 VLS launchers. The Aster 15 missiles often get stuck and blow up my ship. The Aster 30 missiles don't even fire unless I right click them and do it manually. 

 

34 minutes ago, Acea said:

Those parts are not contents of NAS AFAIK, this is a WWII weapon pack after all, I guess there's something wrong other than our plugin.

The missiles and Type 45 stuff are from SM Armory and SM Marine. So you need to go to those threads to get help. I can tell you I do not have the same issue you are describing so you will need to provide further detail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried experimenting with adding 2 parameters of AP and HE for the same turret but ended up with making the turret a double shot today. It seems that we need a new plugin unless we can somehow use a stock switch command to change the ammo type.

Speaking of which, would someone care to test the J-404's dry/wet toggling function in turrets for me? I cannot get that working properly myself, but maybe someone else can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Log:

1d2d3805d86d5b4a972c4da8ec5ccdc9.jpg

Latest progress (in dev). I hope we can get it done faster, but there's only limited spare time for our modelers recently.

Also we're now planning something new, still in discussion, and we'll give you guys more detail when all these stuff get settled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/09/2017 at 2:34 PM, Acea said:

Log:

1d2d3805d86d5b4a972c4da8ec5ccdc9.jpg

Latest progress (in dev). I hope we can get it done faster, but there's only limited spare time for our modelers recently.

Also we're now planning something new, still in discussion, and we'll give you guys more detail when all these stuff get settled.

Problem with pic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Cdodders said:

Problem with pic?

I'm using Hostthenpost.org right now, it works well for me, maybe next time I should go back to Imgur?

90s5gMN.png

EDIT: All right that seems to be the case

Edited by Acea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BJKXPkc.jpg

Updatelog 0.6.6 (IMPORTANT) - "Our Freedom"
Updated plugin to adapt to latest BDArmory Continued.
Minor changes in Chinese descriptions and weapon type of depth charges.
Added target engaging settings for Guard Mode.
Added 1 new part:
 - US Navy: Bofors 40 mm L/60 (Mark 4 Quad Mount)

Sorry for coming late but here's our latest release. Enjoy it!

Also you're welcomed to join us on Discord to get latest information (sometimes).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waiting so long for the Bofors! RUA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please add a gallery and a list of parts to the page. I'm less willing to download something and create a new KSP file for its use if I don't know what is in it. Looks better than most of the maritime parts out there. I wish we had better maritime textures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, timbrwolf1121 said:

Please add a gallery and a list of parts to the page. I'm less willing to download something and create a new KSP file for its use if I don't know what is in it. Looks better than most of the maritime parts out there. I wish we had better maritime textures.

Part list added. Gallery would take some time before we decide how to show our works, I guess it'd be easier to understand by watching this:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tiFdkPW.png

Log: 

Recent progress.

We're also planning something about starships, actually. I'd provide more information as soon as there's anything worth displaying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of ideas for regarding new weapons?    Let's me gives you some....

 

For Imperial Japanese Navy:

Spoiler

127mm /40 Type 89 duel-purpose gun
A naval gun used in many Japanese ships,   can attack both surface and airborne targets...
s7xqkbK.png

 

(Shielded Version)

IYShqZ2.png

 

For Kriegsmarine :

Spoiler

3.7 cm SK C/42 Anti-aircraft Gun Dual Mount
A new design AA-gun for replace the useless...inefficiently  SK C/30 AA-gun

7A1CUx6.png

 

For Royal Navy :

Spoiler

QF 4 inch Mk XIX duel-purpose gun
A naval gun used in British ships

xoy6r5e.png

 

Vickers .50 AA-Gun Quadruple mount Mk3
A  close-in anti-aircraft weapon used for some smaller craft such as Motor Gun Boats and Motor Torpedo Boats.
DbyHSA9.png

 

For US Navy :

Spoiler

1.1"/75 caliber gun Quadruple mount
Know as "Chicago Piano",  This small AA-gun is used on some pre-1930s ships  (Soon are replaced by the Bofors)

OpYO57o.png

 

For Soviet Navy :

Spoiler

152 mm/57 B-38 Mk5 Triple Turret
A naval gun used on late-1950 Soviet cruisers's main turrets (Such as Sverdlov-class and Chapayev-class)

o71aFCD.png

 

Note: All Images taken in-game from World of Warships, made by Wargaming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Violet_Wyvern said:

Out of ideas for regarding new weapons?    Let's me gives you some....

 

For Imperial Japanese Navy:

  Reveal hidden contents

127mm /40 Type 89 duel-purpose gun
A naval gun used in many Japanese ships,   can attack both surface and airborne targets...
s7xqkbK.png

 

(Shielded Version)

IYShqZ2.png

 

For Kriegsmarine :

  Reveal hidden contents

3.7 cm SK C/42 Anti-aircraft Gun Dual Mount
A new design AA-gun for replace the useless...inefficiently  SK C/30 AA-gun

7A1CUx6.png

 

For Royal Navy :

  Reveal hidden contents

QF 4 inch Mk XIX duel-purpose gun
A naval gun used in British ships

xoy6r5e.png

 

Vickers .50 AA-Gun Quadruple mount Mk3
A  close-in anti-aircraft weapon used for some smaller craft such as Motor Gun Boats and Motor Torpedo Boats.
DbyHSA9.png

 

For US Navy :

  Reveal hidden contents

1.1"/75 caliber gun Quadruple mount
Know as "Chicago Piano",  This small AA-gun is used on some pre-1930s ships  (Soon are replaced by the Bofors)

OpYO57o.png

 

For Soviet Navy :

  Reveal hidden contents

152 mm/57 B-38 Mk5 Triple Turret
A naval gun used on late-1950 Soviet cruisers's main turrets (Such as Sverdlov-class and Chapayev-class)

o71aFCD.png

 

Note: All Images taken in-game from World of Warships, made by Wargaming.

Actually we have our own plan and ongoing process, but thanks for your suggestions, we might consider these in the future:

BUspewh.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Acea said:

Actually we have our own plan and ongoing process, but thanks for your suggestions, we might consider these in the future:

BUspewh.png

Oh.....Sorry!    Didn't know you're still going.......  And thanks for the reply.

By the way....   This new turret looks like 130mm/50 B-13 (Main gun from Gnevny-class Destroyer)

 

Edited by Violet_Wyvern

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.