Is anyone else experiencing Too-Much-KSP-Syndrome?

Noname117

Is anybody else playing KSP just a little too much right now? I've been getting up at 6 in the morning for the past couple of days just to work on a project I am trying to get through on KSP, and I think the game is actually causing me to get warn out. If I'm not playing KSP at the moment I'm on the forums. Is this bad? Is anyone else going through the same thing? Why am I asking so many questions about something so pointless?

KSP playing has phases.

Phase 0: Game is bought

Phase 1: Game is fairly interesting, learning new things

Phase 2: Game is super fun, trying to do everything

Phase 3: Game starts to become less fun, projects get abandoned

Phase 4: Stop playing game.

Repeat 1-4 throughout. :)

KSP playing has phases.

Step 5: MOAR MODS !

And then, you repeat step 1-5 :D

For me, it's more like this whenever I want to play KSP.

Step 1: Manage mods and MM patches for hours and usually don't get to actually playing the game.

Step 2: Open KLF to see if there's anyone on (usually nobody ;.;) and if there isn't then I usually just do something else (ex: step 1)

Step 3: Open KSP and play career or sandbox for a few hours

Step 4: Game crashes because of memory leaks

Step 5: Decide to either go back to step 2 or step 1 or just stop and do something else.

Is anybody else playing KSP just a little too much right now? I've been getting up at 6 in the morning for the past couple of days just to work on a project I am trying to get through on KSP, and I think the game is actually causing me to get warn out. If I'm not playing KSP at the moment I'm on the forums. Is this bad? Is anyone else going through the same thing? Why am I asking so many questions about something so pointless?

I am exactly the same as your description. You are certainly not alone :)

Hah for sure. Too many ideas to stop. And I'd pay someone to keep my pages updated. I have finished craft I just don't have time to make posts for.

I need a marketing department.

Edited by clown_baby

Hah for sure. Too many ideas to stop. And I'd pay someone to keep my pages updated. I have finished craft I just don't have time to make posts for.

I need a marketing department.

I'm just trying to make as many things as possible right now... 9 finished (or almost finished) craft made in the past 2-3 days... with so many more still to make before I release them.

KSP playing has phases.

I've been stuck on phase 4 for months now.

I totally do: I didn't played for months (excluding some tests of the new versions) because I've reached a point where I spend hours in the VAB/SPH alone without launching even for a simple project because I want to avoid too much trial and error

don't be silly, "too much ksp" is not a thing ;)

I have been through that "wake up early" phase, and IIRC some days later I have been dreaming of a gracious rover hurdling on duna plains... that night I wake up just after this dream and wondered if it was a good idea to get up and do exactly what I dreamed of. but then I realized that I would have to explain to my girlfriend why I was up in the middle of the night playing ksp...

anyway I am glad I have KSP. this is game really need long term plan and a bit of organisation and rigor if you want to experience the whole thing, which kind of have a good impact on my everyday life.

All hail to Jeb and his colleague, and to SQUAD for this wonderful game

I have not played in a couple of months. I probally will not play again until the Unity 5 port has been out for a couple months. That should be enough time for the some of the major bugs to be fixed and the modders to release updates.

Here is my cycle:

1) new update comes out and/or I decide to try new mods

2) start a new career

3) go through the initial tech/science/cash bootstrapping

4) get into the phase of "continue to visit Mun/Minmus in order to get science so I can unlock those interesting mod parts"

<At this point my interest lags>

5) Get enough parts unlocked and decide to go to Duna/Ike/Eve/Gilly

6) Entire tech tree is unlocked

<At this point either recycle back to step 1 with new mods or a new update, or walk away from the game for a while, or go on to step 7>

7) Send a manned expedition to Jool.

<At some point around here I just stop for a while, and end up later back at step 1>

When it looks like this and with all the possibilities? I find other games to be no fun now. I gave away my Xbox One to my 9 year old nephew.

Riox0Hg.png

Because of the learning curve of RSS, RO, and the look of RVE I can say I'm addicted. :cool:

Edited by hellblazer

When (my friend and) I play War Thunder, I can't help but open KSP on another screen and play. Of course, it gradually ends to me being shot down in War Thunder and my friend making fun of me for multitasking with KSP.

I can't help it. I need to play moar, MOAR, MOAAAR!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.